distilled water for CPAP

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Dubb, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Dubb

Dubb Mouseketeer

I searched this forum, but all topics were older.

Do we know if distilled water is available at resort shops? All Star Sports, to be specific.

2. Dayzy

Dayzy Mouseketeer

I didn't see it when we stayed at POR so I was happy we had placed a grocery order and bought it that way.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jnemo

jnemo Earning My Ears

They had distilled water at the Grand Floridian. It was behind the counter.

5. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I know at many Deluxe Resort stores it is behind the counter. I think that is true everywhere but I don’t know about All Stars for sure

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  6. jnemo

jnemo Earning My Ears

Why don’t you give the hotel a call and ask them? We did

7. cobright

cobright DIS Veteran

For the duration of your vacation, using regular bottled water is unlikely to cause problems. I once went 6 weeks using tap water without a hint of mineral scaling on the humidifier pan. Don't use Florida tap water though, omg that would be gross.

Momtoapug and mamabunny like this.
  8. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

When you call a WDW resort, you aren't talking to someone at the actual hotel. You are speaking to someone in a call center who may have never been to WDW, and they don't always have accurate information. Unfortunately, they sometimes give out incorrect information rather than tell the caller they don't know. There are enough DIS members that can give information from first hand experience that you can likely get a better answer here.

bumbershoot, mamabunny and LilyWDW like this.
  9. mamabunny

mamabunny DIS Veteran

What @cobright said, above is true.

We used to either lug along (if we were traveling by car) or go to great lengths to assure that we had distilled water for the Hubs CPAP machine when we traveled.

Finally, one night we arrived at the hotel, only to find that he thought *I* had put it in the car... I thought *he* had put it in the car... and we were both too tired to go out and try to find some.

So, I grabbed an unopened bottle of drinking water, and he used that. The next morning, he cleaned the unit as usual, said he noticed no difference overnight, and so now when we travel, we used bottled drinking water, as that is typically readily available. Never had a problem yet doing so.

We are far more concerned about keeping his CPAP safely zipped in the suitcase during the day, and our toothbrushes safely put away in their little travel cases prior to housekeeping coming into the room every day; I don't want aerosol cleaning products to float around and land on either the toothbrushes or the CPAP!

10. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

My husband fills smaller water bottle at home and keeps it in the case with the machine. You can bring this through security. They "test it" at security. No big deal. Just takes a couple of extra minutes.

11. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

A recent thread on the resorts page taught me that it’s “behind the counter” at moderate resorts, too. I’m willing to extrapolate that it’s abailable like that at all onsite resorts.

12. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

At Pop Century we had to ask for it in the food court and they went to the back to get it for us. I'm pretty sure all the resorts carry it, you just have to know where to ask.