**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

Welcome to the Dis Louise.

I see you have been to Florida a lot so it will be good to see you sharing some of your experiences and advice with us all :goodvibes

Hi everyone, long time lurker on DIS but have only just discovered the UK board.

Name: Laura (28)

Family: Scott (27) - partner. Pasca & Lucy - cats

Occupation: Helpline Advisor - Private Health Care Company, previously ITU nurse

Home town: Paisley, Scotland.

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom love walking down Main Street. Close second would be World Showcase part of Epcot. Love having leisurely stroll get a cake/pastry from France, look in all the souvenir shops.

Favourite Attraction: Easy one! Soarin everytime. Love it. Also love Test Track, especially at night. OH loves Everest, Test Track, RnR & TOT.

Favourite Coaster: Hate coasters! Although I will to BTMRR, its good.

Favourite Nighttime show: Wishes!

First Trip to Disney: DLP - 2004 (day trip), WDW - 2005

Favourite Restaurant: Chef Mickeys although mostly eat counter service.

Favourite Hotel Onsite: GF looks fab, but usually stay in value resorts.

Hobbies: Disney holiday planning, football (Kilmarnock FC), love crafting- cards & baking cakes.

Hi guys! Newbie to the boards and to Disney (a trip when I was 11 doesn't count!!). I've just booked my honeymoon to the Dolphin Hotel for September next year :) It's a surprise for OH, I'll be giving him the tickets at the wedding (if i can keep it a secret that long!) - it's going to be so exciting!!

Name: Viki, 30

Family: My other half, getting married in July 2012

Hometown: Seven Sisters, North London

Fav Park: When I went when I was small, it was Epcot, for the world showcase - but I have a feeling Harry Potter might edge it for Universal this time around!

Fav Attraction: To be determined!

Fav Restaurant: Not visited any yet :(

Hobbies: Reading, geeking out on my computer, running, wedding planning!

:cutie:Me : Julia (no prizes for that one!) age 41 (but still feel like 21 - in my head not energy!)

Family: Husband Chris and daughter Jessica (3)

Occupation: Administration for an IT company....would rather be writting children's books....who knows one day

Home Town: Birmingham

Favourite Park: love all disney (except for Epcot) and Universal

Favourite Attractions: Dinasaur at AK (gives me the giggles!), Spiderman, too many to mention

Favourite Nighttime Show: Fantasmic - heard the music on the DISradio once and i nearly cried :laughing:

Looking forward to : taking Jessica for her first trip and seeing it all again through her eyes.....no doubt i will be blubbering loads and getting the "Mommmmmmmmm your embarrassing me!" :cutie:

Me:Claire 41
Family:Husband, son and daughter
Home Area: Argyll
Favourite Park:Epcot
Favourite Attraction:Soarin and Tower of Terror
First trip to disney:2004 arrived with no plan and no clue returned in 06 with a plan for every minute of the trip!
Fave restaurant:Flying Fish,Kat at Kouzzini,Boma,Olivias,Narcoossees,Olivias,GF Cafe
Fave hotel: GF but loved our trip to OKW in a one bedroom villa and hope to stay again next year, it's all the space and that laundry room!:laundy:
Hobbies: walking our cute cocker spaniel, planning our Disney trips,reading,movies

Welcome Claire - from another cocker spaniel owner :thumbsup2

DH persuaded me to get a dog 2 years ago,he said he would walk her feed her etc who has ended up caring for her? Me! She is a lovely wee angel dog:littleangel:She is all we miss when we go abroad!

DH persuaded me to get a dog 2 years ago,he said he would walk her feed her etc who has ended up caring for her? Me! She is a lovely wee angel dog:littleangel:She is all we miss when we go abroad!

Sounds very similar to our situation. I persuaded DW that we should get one as I was working abroad at the time and was being tmepted by some of the offers to move overseas full time. The dog was originally bought as an 'anchor' to ensure that didnt happen :goodvibes
Now we wouldn't be without him

Hello everyone! I'm new to forums & have just registered, so deep breath...here goes:

Real name : Nicky (no prizes for guessing that one!) I'm 45 but feel like a teenager!

Family Partner Mike 19 happy years together, we have a lovely daughter aged 17 (Cody) & I have a daughter aged 26 (Kayleigh) & a son aged 23 (Niall). I'm a very proud Mom!

Home Town I live in the Black Country, in the heart of the Midlands (and love it!)

Work I have been working for Citizens Advice for the last 11 years & am currently a bureau supervisor - I love my job!

Hobbies Baking & keeping fit.

Favourite Park Impossible to choose - I think they all offer something different.

Looking forward to Our next trip to Orlando which is booked for Oct. 2012. It will be my 5th visit since 1990 (Mike & Codys 4th), last visit 2005, this time will be three of us - I am so excited. It's the first time we are staying on Disney property and the first time we are having 3 weeks! :yay:

Welcome to the forums Nicky.

A grown up that feels like a teenager. You will fit in just fine around here :goodvibes

I have posted a wee bit on here so not really a newbie but this is me....

Family: Married to Colin for 14 years and we have a wee boy who is affectionately known as The Boy,he will be 11 next week....:eek:

Occupation: I work in IKEA,not the most glamorous job but it works in well with the boys school.

Home town: Bonnyrigg...its a wee town about 14 miles outside Edinburgh

Hobbies - well my main hobby is more of an obsession...football and more precisely Celtic.
Season ticket holder and try to get to as many away games as possible.

Favourite park: Magic Kingdom - nothing beats the feelin I get when I see the Castle for the first time crossin Bay Lake.
Even tho we stay onsite and can use Disney transport we take the car our first day and take the boat over....Magical.

Favourite resort: Wilderness Lodge - It had long been my dream resort and my DH " found " the money last year for us to stay there.
It did not disappoint,it was amazing.
We are back in the values were we belong but thats ok with me because I have stayed at Movies and POP before and loved them too.

Favourite attraction: Although MK is my favourite Park ToT is my favourite attraction.

Favourite restaurant Ohanas for best friends breakfast, this is a family last full day tradition and it lets me pretend Im stayin at the Poly !! :laughing:

Thanks for the introduction Vickie :goodvibes

We are all Liverpool supporters in our house and always keep an eye on Celtics results too, due to the special bond between the 2 clubs :thumbsup2

Y.N.W.A

I've been lurking on here for ages but just recently started posting so here goes!

Family: Me (25), DBF Ally (25, Lightning_McQueen on here) and Boo Radley my gigantic chihuahua :dogdance:

Occupation: I have just gained full registration as a teacher and have just finished my probationary year - so no job for just now! When I get back from September trip I will have to find one :)

Home Town: Just outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Hobbies: I started running this year and I love it! Such a sad hobby haha! Other than that I like shopping, reading and motorsports.

Favourite Park: I love them all for different reasons but for me the Magic Kingdom is the epitome of Disney magic!

Favourite Resort: Have only ever stayed in Wilderness Lodge and loved it so much we are going back this time! One day I would like to stay in the Grand Floridian but would have to save up a bit longer to budget for that!

Favourite Attraction: Even though I cried queuing for ToT the first time :rotfl2: it is my favourite and I could go on it over and over and over again (if DBF would let me!)

Favourite Restaurant I really can't choose - most memorable food was at Jiko but I love the atmosphere in Ohana and California Grill.

Hi there, another newbie here, booked our first trip to DLP in july and have become a little bit obsessed with reading trip reports on this forum since :laughing:

Real name
: Claire

Family: married to Jay, we have one son Alex who is 5, he has aspergers syndrome and his 'thing' is disney cars so you can imagine how excited he is!

Home Town: daaaahhhn saaaafff...ahem, down the south, near portsmouth

Work: I work in a tattoo shop and am a body piercer which is lots of fun :)

Hobbies: I read a lot, spend time with my family, love swimming, fast rides! ( I also really really like glee, sssh)

Welcome Ashleigh, sorry I missed your post while I was on holiday.

Welcome Claire, Why anyone wants tattoos or body piercing is beyond me but, I almost faint if I have to give blood, needles in bodies its just not right.:rotfl:

Hi Claire - and :welcome: to the Dis

Enjoy the trip reports. They are a fantastic source of inspiration for planning your next trip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter