**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

Hi, I have posted a few times but I thought I'd say hello on here too!

About my family: I'm 21, I'm a student at university training to teach 3-7 year olds, and I live with my partner Dan, 23, who is in his first year of teaching. We have been together for six years, and have a newly adopted 3 year old silver tabby cat, Kansas. We moved into our first home together in July, and now live in sunny North Norfolk!

Hobbies:
I love reading, particularly literary fiction about India and the East, and I also love Richard Yates & F Scott Fitzgerald. I also like walking, snuggling the cat and surfing the Dis!

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom, hands down. I do love them all, and they each have some cracking attractions, but Magic Kingdom really does it for me. As others have said, seeing the castle for the first time each holiday really is so magical!

Favourite Resort: Have only stayed in two, but we have a soft spot for Pop Century and this is where we'll be staying in 2013. And it fits in with our wallets!

Favourite Attraction: I love the parades and fireworks displays, watching Wishes is my ultimate favourite moment while we're there. I don't do coasters, but I do love Big Thunder at night, it's excellent. MNSSHP was really brilliant, but being limited to school holidays I doubt we'll go again in the foreseeable future!

Looking forward to: August 2013. My first three trips to WDW were with my Mum and Dad (also a Disney nut and Disboards member) and the last one in 2008 was all four of us. We are saving up to go in 2013, just me and DBF, but with only one of us earning and being limited to school holidays, it's super tough! As my ticker says though (ha)- it's never too early to be excited! :laughing: This also means I'd be planning the holiday single handedly without my Dad for the first time- so I love reading the PTRs and TRs on here for inspiration!

Name: M.-I'm going to try and stay somewhat anonymous ;-)

Family: Just me, but my my mum has joined me on one of my WDW and 2 of my DLP trips before.

Home town: born in Germany but I've been a Londoner for a few years now

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom

Favourite Attraction: It's a Small World

Favourite Coaster: Big Thunder Mountain

First Trip to Disney: a daytrip to DLP when I was 16

Favourite Restaurant: Tangerine Cafe(?) but to be honest we haven't tried that many yet, looking forward to the dining plan next year

Favourite Hotel Onsite: have only stayed at ASMu and wasn't crazy about that

Likes: chocolate, peanut butter and wild cherry diet pepsi

Dislikes: bacon and beer

Hi Jodie - and a big welcome to the Dis.

2013 sounds like a long way away but time and again we are introduced to people that are planning a holiday for 2 years time, and before you know it they are on here saying goodbye as it is time for them to leave :goodvibes

Happy planning

Hi 'M'

A real life Mary Poppins sounds intriguing. Are you really Supernanny from off of the telly :goodvibes

Can I ask where in Germany you are from? I was posted there for 4 years in Herford while I was in the Army. I loved the place and didn't want to leave when the time came

Hi 'M'

A real life Mary Poppins sounds intriguing. Are you really Supernanny from off of the telly :goodvibes

Can I ask where in Germany you are from? I was posted there for 4 years in Herford while I was in the Army. I loved the place and didn't want to leave when the time came

I wish I was Supernanny, then I wouldn't have to worry about a trip budget ;)
But that was a good guess, I've been a nanny for 9 years now

I'm from Northern Germany, from a town called 'Bremen', not really sure how far that is from Herford

I wish I was Supernanny, then I wouldn't have to worry about a trip budget ;)
But that was a good guess, I've been a nanny for 9 years now

I'm from Northern Germany, from a town called 'Bremen', not really sure how far that is from Herford

Bremen definitely sounds familiar - as in I think I may have been there. Do they have an army contingent or training area there :confused3

Hi team, i'm Paul a 31yo Disney nut from Bristol. I have 2 little girls Sophie 4 and Lily 2, both of which are Disney mad to. Katie (DW) and I took the girls on their first disney trip back in February and they loved it however they will only stay at AKL now as no where else is good enough :banana:

Hi Paul
I won't say welcome to the Dis as you are quite obviously a long time member :goodvibes

I read your review on the Dis, and hopefully others will do the same and head on over here if they are looking for help with their planning :thumbsup2

Hi all

I'm Amanda from Birmingham. Fairly new to the board and just finding my feet still.

Going on my first Disney Cruise (and first cruise ever) with my family in Feb which I'm very excited about:banana:

Nice to 'meet' you all :wave2:

Welcome aboard Amanda, nice to meet you too :goodvibes

Hope you enjoy Disney cruising as much as us, we did our 6th in August.:cloud9:

Hello

I have already done a few posts but thought I should introduce myself :)

My name is Sarah, originally from Manchester but now live down south with DH.

Have been to Disney twice with family when I was younger.

This will be my DH first time to Disney and its the first trip to Disney I have got to plan.

I am finding it a bit daunting but exciting too. My DH is not really into helping at the moment as its taken me ages to convince him to even go, but I can see he does get excited when I do bring up the conversation and I am sure nearer the time he will be all over these forums :)

I have no kids yet Just a cat and a kitten.

I foster cats for cats protection.

Hobbies are Geocaching, paper crafts and planning lol :)

Sorry if I have waffled on :)

Welcome Sarah, enjoy your planning, ask anything you need to know.
Stick with cats, far cheaper than kids:rotfl:
Nice to have someone else around into Geocaching :thumbsup2

Family: Married to Nathan

Home town: Leigh, near Manchester and DH is from Oxfordshire but we currently live in Preston, Lancs

Favourite park: I have never yet been to WDW!!!

Favourite resort: Hopefully CSR as that's where we'll be staying!

Favourite attraction: I've been to Disneyland CA and I liked spashmountain - and the one with the rubber-dingie-rapids

Family: Live with my boyfriend, moved away from my family when I was 18 so I now live 200 miles away from my darling dad and my wonderful sister.

Home town: Chester, live in Edinburgh now (via Inverness, Aberdeen and Glasgow)

Favourite park: Magic Kingdom without a doubt

Favourite resort: Any! As Ive only been to Disney Land Paris twice and stayed on and off site there, and have been to WDW upwards of 8 times since I was a child I've stayed pretty much everywhere. Never stayed in the Contemporary or any of the Pop/Movies etc.

Favourite attraction: Space mountain and Cinderella's castle

I'm heading over in September this year for 2 weeks with the OH. Staying in Port Orleans Riverside, have 14 day park hoppers, QS dining plan and flying with Virgin. This is the OH first time to America, and his first time in WDW (he took me to Disneyland Paris last year for my Christmas!) so its going to be really special!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and picking your brains about times/places to eat etc

K xx

Family: Married to Susan (15 years!), Boys Harry (9), Sam (8)

Occupation: Computer programmer (hardcore nerdy C++). Susan is a Company Secretary.

Home town: Nottingham - have lived in Kingston (5 years), Newark (8 years), but been "home" for the last 2.5 years and now live 200 yards from the house I was born in

Favourite park: MK, although it's been a while

Favourite resort: Not done enough to say. Hopefully OKW!

Favourite attraction: I'm easy, I like all sorts. I'm a big roller coaster fan, but at Disney I like all the twee stuff as well!

Disney history: My parents took me+brothers to DW in 1981 (I was 8), stayed offsite. We were nearly in Florida for the first ever shuttle launch, but it was delayed 2 days and we went home :(. Then Susan and I went in 1997, in the 25th anniversary season. Stayed at All star Music. 2 weeks of pure Disney with 1 day at KSC. Animal Kingdom not opened then.

Last October we booked 2 weeks at OKW (1BR) for the 4 of us 20 Oct-3Nov 2012 on the free DDP offer. Kids get 2 weeks half term, unlike most, so hopefully take advantage of lighter crowds. Couldn't book flights at the time, so they were done first week of December Manc-Orlando VA. We're all massively looking forward to it, and I've been avidly reading DISboards for the last couple of weeks (and trying to absorb the acronyms!). We're overplanners, so we'll probably have a full timetable sorted by the time ADRs open in April :). Apart from that, I think we're going to have a car as well. Would like the versatility, even if we don't get a lot of use out of it.

Welcome Andrew, looks like you are doing well with your planning, just shout out if you need help with anything.:thumbsup2

Thanks very much.

I have to say, DISboards has been very useful. I must have read 6 or 7 full trip reviews already - been trying to find ones from around October/November, and/or ones with OKW as home.

Planning the meals is going to be somewhat interesting. My kids (and my wife, for that matter) are fairly fussy eaters. I'll enjoy anything, so we'll be looking for places we're all going to like. Harry will be 10, so classed as an "adult" on the DDP, but I imagine we'll be ordering kids meals most of the time. Still not really sure how we'll use the plan - book some signature/character meals for 2TS credits, or try and eke out the plan to get most value - not really sure yet. I'm reading reviews for inspiration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter