**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

Hi,

Former poster who can't remember their log in!
Its been 5 years since our last trip to WDW and we're just thinking of a trip next year.
It'll be me, the OH and our 2 girls (currently 12 and 10, should be 13 and 11 if we travel Aug 2017).
We need to know what's new, what's changed and when free dining is back!

If I'm anything like last trip I'll be here a lot!
Welcome back.
If you ask questions in the trip planning forum you will get replies :)

Family:
Single, no kids...*someday my prince will come*

Home town: Chorley

Favourite park: MK

Favourite resort: never stayed on property but always loved the idea of Boardwalk

Favourite attraction:
Test track

Favourite restaurant:
chef mickeys

Hobbies: Music, I play flute, clarinet and saxophone

Dislikes
: mushrooms

Previous trips: one dream fortnight for my 18th birthday (now nearly 12 years ago!). My memories are probably very distorted by now but it was an amazing trip made possible by my uncle who is sadly no longer with us (but immortalised at leave a legacy :) )

Our trip to Orlando: will hopefully happen in 2018 but as well as saving up pennies for then I also need to lose around 4.5 stone in weight so that the trip can be my reward!

Family:
Yes :) I'm a wife and mother of two

Home town: London

Favourite park: Just One?! Argh! Magic Kingdom but I have a soft spot for DLP and AK

Favourite resort: I've never stayed on property in Orlando, but in DLP it's Disneyland Hotel

Favourite attraction:
Splash Mountain

Favourite restaurant:
Walt's

Hobbies: I read, I write, I mountain bike and I collect Disney Pins

Dislikes
: Rain

Previous trips: 1994, 1995 and 1996 DLP, 1997, 1998 and 1999 Magic Kingdom, 2008 DLP, 2014 DLP

Our trip to Orlando: Will be in 2021 for the birthday celebrations. Planning trips next year for DLP birthday and the summer.

Welcome Abi.
We will be in your Hometown next weekend. Our Son flies out of Heathrow to Ghana on the Sunday so we are going down for a couple of nights, eventually got tickets to see Les Mis, Sunday seeing Thriller. Just need some nice Bank holiday weather :)

Les Mis is wonderful, I gave my mum tickets for Christmas and she loved it. Have a wonderful time :)

Family:
Civil partner and 2 Step kids

Home town: Coventry

Favourite park: Epcot

Favourite resort: Never stayed on resort, villas every time

Favourite attraction:
Aerosmith’s Rock n rollercoaster.

Favourite restaurant:
Longhorn Steakhouse

Hobbies: Technology, Photography, Travel.

Dislikes
: Snow

Previous trips: Indian Ridge Oaks (cannot remember year), 2009 Watersong, 2010 Rotunda, 2011 Villa Sol, 2013 West Haven, 2014 Providence, 2015 Sunset Lakes.

Our trip to Orlando: Sept/Oct 2016 Sunset Lakes, Mar/Apr 2017 West Haven, Sept/Oct 2017 Sunset Lakes

Family:
Married with two 18/19 year old kids.

Home town: Birmingham

Favourite park: Disneyland

Favourite resort: Disneyland/Grand Californian

Favourite attraction: California screaming

Favourite restaurant: Blue Bayou

Hobbies: Soccer, US sports, Travel, Cycling

Dislikes: People who poo poo Disney having never visited

Previous trips: (2004,2008,2009,2011,2012,2013 DL) (2014 WDW) (2016 DL)

Our next trip: 2018 DL

Name: Laura (40 - til next week - shhh)

Family:
DH, DS (9 - ASD and on the county Most Able and Talented register) and DD (3, food allergies)

Occupation: None at the moment (SAHM) but, during my extended maternity leave, I have successfully completed two PGCs, and am about to start a Neuroscience MSc, which, as a languages graduate *originally* is a bit scary!
Home Town: Pembrokeshire, West Wales
Favourite Florida Bits: While I worked in NE USA as a student, we have only been to WDW in Florida. We got married there in 2010 (10/10/10) as our son was 4, and we wanted him to enjoy the experience. We had Mickey and Donald at our wedding. This does mean the area is special to us. Sadly, DH has CLL now, and this upcoming trip will be our last
Favourite Restaurants: Disney - O'hana, Tusker House (We like the experience as much as the food, plus finding things that everyone likes is a real plus - we can't really do QS with DD)
Hobbies: Mostly studying, but also films, and photography (watching, taking)
Likes and Dislikes: Likes - Puddings. Stick with that, but also travelling, holidays. Dislikes - Diets, drizzle.

Hello everyone, can't believe it took me so long to find the UK planners!

Hi all,

I started using the forums on and off last year when we decided to get married at WDW but never really came into the UK forums. Now I've started planning the actual holiday part of the wedding you might be seeing a lot more of me as I plead for your help whilst I am sorting out the trip.

I'll just say sorry now for all the millions of questions I'm going to be asking.

Here's me :)

Jen

Family:
Engaged

Home town: Newcastle upon Tyne

Favourite park: Magic Kingdom (but I have a soft spot for AK)

Favourite resort: Disney Swan

Favourite attraction:
Haunted Mansion/Toy Story Midway Mania (Don't make me choose)

Favourite restaurant:
Disney = Mama Melrose. Offsite = Cheesecake Factory

Hobbies: Listening to podcasts, shopping and Travelling

Likes: Christmas, Harry Potter, dog gifs and sitting in coffee shops (I'll probably be listening to a podcast whilst watching dog gifs)

Dislikes
: Being cold, birthdays, people being unkind and having nothing to do (I get bored easily)

Previous trips: 2016 (Disney Swan and AKL), 2015 (Disney Swan and DLP), 2012 (Econolodge, now called Avanti), 2007 (Best Western, now Avanti), 2006 DLP, 2005 DLP

Our trip to Orlando: June 2017 (Poly for our wedding)

Hi everyone!

Happy to be here!

Family:
Single, no kids. Parents and sister are all avid Dis'ers though.

Favourite park: Epcot - very difficult to decide between them all but I love the world showcase.

Favourite resort: I've stayed at All Stars Music, Movies, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach, of them all I honestly would have a hard time choosing my favourite. Movies has some great memories for me as it was our family holiday hotel for many years. Caribbean beach is where I was last, but the food court was so...meh. Loved the rest of the hotel though. I'd probably opt for Pop Century of them all. I haven't stayed at AKL but I have a strong feeling that would be my favourite if I had.

Favourite attraction:
Rock n Roller Coaster is my favourite ride, but if it counts as an attraction then definitely IllumiNations at Epcot.

Favourite restaurant:
Boma. For quick service though I really like the curry you can get in Japan.

Hobbies: Taking pictures, playing piano.

Dislikes
: Waiting to go to Disney.

Previous trips: 1991, 1997, about 3 or 4 times between 2001 and 2007, 2014, 2017 (DLP)

Our trip to Orlando: March 2018, Disney here I come. Pop Century for 2 weeks.

Name Carey

Family No kids, usually holiday with my younger sister

Occupation Digital Marketing

Home Town Corby, Northamptonshire

Favourite Park Hollywood Studios

Favourite Attractions Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Rock n Roller Coaster, Kilimanjaro Safaris

Favourite Florida Bits Universal Studios, Character Warehouse and Walmart shopping

Favourite Restaurants House of Blues, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

Hobbies Planning holidays, comic cons, netflix, volunteering with the RSPCA

Family: Me, usually head with parents to Disney still, but starting to convince friends to join. Imagine having to convince people to go to Disney?

Home town: Motherwell, Scotland

Favourite park: The Magic Kingdom, but may change to Hollywood Studios if Galaxy's Edge is open for my Summer 2019 trip.

Favourite resort: Vero Beach as it is the only one I have stayed at, but looking to book Coronado Springs for first stay on property.

Favourite attraction: Space Mountain

Favourite restaurant: Be Our Guest

Dislikes
: Slow walkers, meeting pupils I have taught on holiday (usually in the most random places! Hearing my name being screamed out in the middle of a Walmart down in St Pete area)

Previous trips: 2015, 2005, 2001, 1998,, 1997 1995, 1994, 1993

Our trip to Orlando: July 2019

Hobbies: Podcasting, Blogging, Drawing, Piano

Hi all, thought I'd join the site and get involved as I've just booked our first ever trip to WDW for November 2019 :yay:

Name: Richard

Family: Beautiful wife Hayley (on here as 'Imperfect Princess'). 4 kids living at home and one at Uni.

Hobbies: Sport (and lots of it) Mainly football but I'll watch/play pretty much anything competitive

Ride I'm most excited about: Test track. Wanted to go on this since I saw a Disney promotional video about it. Can't wait to actually ride it

:welcome: to the DIS Richard. Wow, first trip - how exciting.
I know, I really can't wait! I grew up in an area full of Americans and they all spoke about WDW and since I was about 5 years old, I've wanted to go! Loads of planning to do and a ton of questions to ask but we're really excited :teeth:

Oh, and thank you for the welcome btw :)

:wave:I'm Nina, been a member on here for a while, but only come on when planning a Disney trip:blush:
I've been *happily* married to Ste for 24yrs this June, DS Reece is 20.
So next year we are off to Disney for a triple celebration, Ste's 50th our 25th anniversary and Reece's 21stparty:
We also have 3 cats, Holly, Minnie (got to get a Disney name in) and Skip.
We live in Oldham, Greater Manchester
I am currently between jobs (read that as retired;))
I enjoy watching tv, drinking wine and going walking/on coach trips with my Mum.
When we're not going to Disney our favourite holiday destination is in Lower Largo in Scotland.
Currently our favourite resort is CBR but that could change with us staying at POFQ next year.
My all time favourite ride is Soarin, for us all it's Test Track, and at Universal for me & DS it's RRR.

Long time member here but been years since I last posted! Finally have a trip to plan so thought I'd reintroduce myself :)

Liz or Lizzy, I'll answer to either!

Family: Myself, my partner of 8 years and our 3 children: 6 and 3 year old girls and a 2 year old boy :)

Home town: Liverpool

Favourite park: Hollywood Studios

Favourite resort: only stayed at a couple but pofq was my favourite of them. Dream resort is AKL though ;)

Favourite attraction: Soarin

Favourite restaurant: La Cellier

Previous trips: 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009. Visited Dlrp and Dlr also.

Our trip to Orlando: 2020. Thinking February at the moment but that's subject to change. It'll be my partner and kid's first trip. We went to dlrp last year which was amazing, though I think my girls got more out of it than my son did. Orlando isn't a holiday we can afford to do frequently so we're waiting til 2020 partly to save up and also as the kids will be 4, 5 and 8 then so young enough for it to still be really magical for them but old enough to be able to go on a decent amount of rides :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!