Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

I think the key is to give them something to look forward to. One being a probable trip to Alaska over the summer to see some family we have in Fairbanks and also the promise of another trip to DL when DH gets home...they are in great spirits about the whole thing, but you know as well as I do that could all change the minute he leaves! :confused3

Don't know the ages of your kids but when my hubby was doing over the road truck driving we sent a stuffed monkey of Coltons along for the ride and he sent pics of the monkey where Dad was... a little like Duffy's travels... The monkey at dinner... The monkey sitting on the dash board etc .. made him feel like a piece of him was with his Daddy far away!

Don't know the ages of your kids but when my hubby was doing over the road truck driving we sent a stuffed monkey of Coltons along for the ride and he sent pics of the monkey where Dad was... a little like Duffy's travels... The monkey at dinner... The monkey sitting on the dash board etc .. made him feel like a piece of him was with his Daddy far away!

The boys are 16 and 13 and they are doing fine with it, my DD is 9 so its a little bit harder for her, but its also not her dad, its their step-dad, they see their bio-dad every weekend. They are disappointed he is leaving but they are old enough to understand why hes going and ok with it, plus they know when he gets back we have "the big DL trip" planned! :thumbsup2

Fabulous trip report! I am considering a trip to DL and your report was a big help to a DL newbie. It really gave me a feel for things and how I might start planning Thanks for sharing all your photos! :goodvibes

Fabulous trip report! I am considering a trip to DL and your report was a big help to a DL newbie. It really gave me a feel for things and how I might start planning Thanks for sharing all your photos! :goodvibes

I'm so glad my report was of help!!! If you have any questions....please feel free ask away!!!!!! :flower3:

Yay, I got my photopass CD today!!! So here's the last pictures for this trip!!

These were from the first day in front of the castle & Partner's statue:

Photo0004FourBySix.jpg

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

Photo0017FourBySix.jpg

Photo0024FourBySix.jpg

This was from Day 2, our group shot at the Princess Fantasy Faire:

Photo0110FourBySix.jpg

Photo0154FourBySix.jpg

Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

This time I decided to do a few photos in Black & White & this was one that I felt would look good that way:

Photo0162FourBySix.jpg

I was so excited to get to the do the sword fight with Capt Hook picture, but did not like that the photographer didn't let me look up or at the camera.....he had me stand that way & keep my head down......so not thrilled with the outcome, but oh well...there's always next time!

Photo0166FourBySix.jpg

More coming up!

Day 3, started with a small group getting pics in the Court of Angels in NOS. Notice the new "Diva" in the back?? lol

Photo0241FourBySix.jpg

Photo0250FourBySix.jpg

Photo0257FourBySix.jpg

This was a Family Fun Weekend.......Mardi Gras!!!

Photo0266FourBySix.jpg

Photo0263FourBySix.jpg

Photo0287FourBySix.jpg

Photo0295FourBySix.jpg

Our group shot in front of the castle before the scavy hunt!

Photo0309FourBySix.jpg

Photo0310FourBySix.jpg

The last day of the Diva portion of the trip:

Photo0357FourBySix.jpg

These are the photopass after Mike joined me......so this is Day 5.

Stopping for the pic in front of the floral Mickey!!

Photo0386FourBySix.jpg

Photo0390FourBySix.jpg

Meeting Tink in Pixie Hollow on Day 6:

Photo0393FourBySix.jpg

Photo0402FourBySix.jpg

In front of the castle:

Photo0405FourBySix.jpg

Photo0410FourBySix.jpg

Photo0414FourBySix.jpg

Another black & white:

Photo0416FourBySix.jpg

In front of the Partner's statue:

Photo0434FourBySix.jpg

In the middle of Main Street:

Photo0447FourBySix.jpg

Moved over to DCA & stopped at the Cars:

Photo0461FourBySix.jpg

Another black & white.....loved it with the old jalopy truck!!

Photo0467FourBySix.jpg

Meeting Goofy!!

Photo0480FourBySix.jpg

Photo0483FourBySix.jpg

At the end of the evening:

Photo0493FourBySix.jpg

One more post of photopass pictures to come!!

These are really great, Laurie! I absolutely love the one of Mike kissing your cheek in front of the Castle. I often think of going to WDW with DH after Andrew has "left the next" and it makes me really sad. But looking at your pics with Mike gives me hope that I could still have a good time! :)

So this is Day 7, we started with the Disney Visa Photo Op:

Photo0496FourBySix.jpg

Photo0500FourBySix.jpg

A stop in front of the GRR waterfalls:

Photo0507FourBySix.jpg

(the kids go ewwwwwwww on those pics......lol)

Meeting Captain Mickey!!!

Photo0514FourBySix.jpg

Photo0516FourBySix.jpg

Finally found Duffy.....everytime we went by he wasn't there.....but caught his this time!

Photo0519FourBySix.jpg

Photo0526FourBySix.jpg

We asked about the Stitch on the bench picture & the photopass photographer did it for us.....yay!!

Photo0530FourBySix.jpg

Photo0531FourBySix.jpg

While Mike rode GRR on single rider, look who I found!

Photo0553FourBySix.jpg

This is probably my favorite picture of Mike & I together......did this one in black & white.

Photo0561FourBySix.jpg

And then in color:

Photo0563FourBySix.jpg

Last picture.........last day.......went up to Critter Country (that had been closed & reopened our last day)

Photo0573FourBySix.jpg

So again, thank you very much for stopping by my report & all the nice compliments!!!! I have a new PTR going....see the signature below for the link!!!

These are really great, Laurie! I absolutely love the one of Mike kissing your cheek in front of the Castle. I often think of going to WDW with DH after Andrew has "left the next" and it makes me really sad. But looking at your pics with Mike gives me hope that I could still have a good time! :)

It felt weird, but we warmed up to the idea of all the freedom & doing what we wanted......it was fun & can't wait to get that opportunity again!!!!

So cute Laurie!! I can see why you don't like the Hook one. I know that you would rather smile.

Great pictures! You and your husband are a super cute couple.:hug:

:lovestruc Ahhhh, shucks......... Thanx!! :rotfl:

So cute Laurie!! I can see why you don't like the Hook one. I know that you would rather smile.

Other than seeing my fat body....you'd never know it was me......I've seen it done where they look at the camera.....but he was adament that I looked at the sword only.....hurumph!!! :rotfl2:

Laurie -

Your photos came out great!
Kris

Thank you so much!!! :worship: I was pleased with most of them.....some made me realize how old I'm getting.....lol (I don't remember that happening)

Okay so I was a little late coming to the party but just wanted you to know I really enjoyed your trip report...

The funniest think I remember is when you were talking about Napa Rose! You stated what your amuse busch was and I was like YUM when you described it and then I scrolled down and you were saying YUCK! Ha-Ha! I am a big time foodie (thanks to my hubby!) and that is so the kind of food I love!

It was a wonderful trip report and I am already following you in your PTR! I hope that one turns out for you!

Okay so I was a little late coming to the party but just wanted you to know I really enjoyed your trip report...

The funniest think I remember is when you were talking about Napa Rose! You stated what your amuse busch was and I was like YUM when you described it and then I scrolled down and you were saying YUCK! Ha-Ha! I am a big time foodie (thanks to my hubby!) and that is so the kind of food I love!

It was a wonderful trip report and I am already following you in your PTR! I hope that one turns out for you!

Thanx Paula!!!

Ah, Napa Rose.......Mike considers himself a foodie & enjoyed it more than me, but he says he's a simpler foodie.....doesn't need that expensive of food to enjoy trying new things. It was good to try once, but don't really feel the need to repeat. If I were to go again, I'd just order the scallops.

Well I've spent half the morning with a Baileys Coffee and reading this thread as DH sleeps (paramedic and worked last night) and DD6 is at a sleepover at the inlaws...what a lovely time I've had as well!!

You have very much inspired me on many levels! :flower3:

Well I've spent half the morning with a Baileys Coffee and reading this thread as DH sleeps (paramedic and worked last night) and DD6 is at a sleepover at the inlaws...what a lovely time I've had as well!!

You have very much inspired me on many levels! :flower3:

:hug: Well thank you very much!!

My hubby was a paramedic for over 12 years, but burned out on it......now he's a meatcutter again.....lol I remember those long hours & sleeping the day away....don't really miss that!

Hey Laurie :) Such great photopass pics!!! I'm happy to see you were able to get so many pics with Mike, that rocks! How does it feel to be an official Dis Diva?

Hey Laurie :) Such great photopass pics!!! I'm happy to see you were able to get so many pics with Mike, that rocks! How does it feel to be an official Dis Diva?

Hi Stranger!!!! How's life in Grants Pass?? Must be keeping busy these days....been a while since I saw you on the boards!!!

Ah, yes........feels pretty good to be a Diva now!! :cool2:princess: lol

We had to search out those photopass photographers, but took full advantage of them when we did see them!!! I like to get my money's worth on the CD!!!

So any DL trip coming up for your family??? I think you should go Oct 2-7......hey those are my dates at the park.....wouldn't that be fun??!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter