Divas do Seattle - Cancelled

Just popping in to see what's going on. :)

Looks like the planning is still taking place. :yay:
I just wanted to make sure. I didn't know whether or not to keep the link to this on the front page of our main thread, but I will if this is still a go. :thumbsup2

We need to get planning....

Fri- Meet and Greet
Saturday- Aquarium and Pier, Pike Place Market
Sunday- Family Day at Seattle Center???

Not sure if any sports will be playing. Does everyone want to do like Benihana's (Japanesse Steakhouse they cook in front of you)?

Through me some ideas........:worship:

I have updated the first page with the beginnings of a schedule. We can add or change from there. I will probably try to squeeze in a trip to the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum since I have been wanting to go there for years but have not yet had a chance.

We should probably see who will be travelling alone and wants to share rooms, also look out for a reasonable place to stay. I will be driving (not sure yet if I will bring DH) so can make a stop at the airport if necessary.

It looks like it will probally only be my daughter Katie and I. Matt has a football jamboree so I figure Dan can take him and the girls will have a weekend getaway and maybe school shop at Nordstroms rack. I would also like to go to EMP.

Do we just want to meet for dinner the first night for the meet and greet? There is a Cheesecake factory, Benihana's, or the new Hard Rock restaurant. I don't want anyone to feel they have to have it at there home.

Anyone booked a hotel yet?

There is a Ivar's on the waterfront, The Old Spaghetti factory, the Seattle Center has a food court as well as Westlake Center where you catch the monorail from to goto Seattle Center.

Also when we go to Seattle Center remember to bring swimsuits or a change of clothes for the young ones. Mine love to spend hours running through the fountain and best of all its free!

I haven't booked a room yet. I am thinking about trying to get something downtown on Priceline. I was kind of waiting to see who for sure is coming to decide whether or not I would bring DH and if not see who is interested in sharing a room. It looks like Sarah is the only one now bringing DH and kids. (Not counting Katie as a "kid"; more of a "junior Diva".)

Patty, would you be interested in going to EMP on Friday afternoon? That would leave Saturday free for more activities with everyone else who might not be interested in doing that. I am thinking that I will probably come by myself and drive up Friday morning after rush hour; getting there around 1:00. Maybe we could meet for lunch at the food court then go the the museum.

Hey Everyone,
I would love to do a Benihana if that ends up being a plan. Also, having just done an aquarium, I think my son would love it, so will plan on bringing him to enjoy that. Otherwise it will just be me popping in where I can.

Thanks for resurrecting the thread. This will be fun!

Sounds like Benihana's might be a good place for Friday night meet and greet. I haven't been to one since the '70s so that sounds fun!

Well, if no one else will be bringing the extended family, I can leave mine at home too. Maybe I will just bring my son...he is 5 and I think he would have a good time. So far I am just planning on saturday but I might come down friday night for a m & G....we'll have to see how the wind blows!

SarahMay

So is anyone around here having summer yet? Last weekend was nice but today we got rain and 50 degrees. It's June, right?

EMP on Friday would work out for us. We could do that and then after head to the meet and greet. Are we planning Aquarium and waterfront for Saturday and Sunday do 1st starbucks and Pike Place Market? What other things do people have on their must sees???

Just checking in! Looking forward to the meet...hopefully we will be having summer by then!

SarahMay

Hey, I know I am not part of the group but saw Seattle. I am a lifetime local who would love to meet up with you or offer any advice you might need.

Sorry I haven't been posting here but I have been meaning to for the past couple of weeks. I am wondering how many are still planning to attend, but I suppose we should go ahead and finalize the schedule. I am planning to get a hotel room on Priceline for Friday and Saturday night, if anyone is interested in sharing a room that would be great. I was thinking about bringing Jamie but she moved to Alaska! I am still hoping to get there early Friday afternoon, and am planning to leave Sunday morning because my son is coming home from camp that day and will be moving to Eugene a few days later.

So we need to decide where and what time to have the Friday dinner meet and greet. Saturday will be the aquarium and I am wondering what time we should meet for that, considering some will be driving in for the day. Sarah, how early do you think you can get there? Should we plan to have lunch there?

I know some of you are on facebook and that a lot of people post there more than here, so maybe someone could get the word out that anyone planning to attend the Seattle trip could post here and let us know if they are still planning to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!