DiveQuest at Epcot

There are many programs running dives again and seem to be doing it in a compliant way. Not sure why they would have to make sure air in tanks isn't contaminated? There isn't an exchange in and out of the tank when used, there is only an output.
I thinking more about when the tanks are filled. Admittedly, it's highly unlikely, with employees wearing masks, and all the filtration and moisture removal that happens in the compressor on the way to the tank. However, unlike small dive operators who need to get back up and running ASAP to stay in business, this is far from WDW's primary revenue stream, so Disney can afford to be more cautious about it and wait. I hope I'm wrong, but Disney's focus right now has been on maximizing revenue while trying to keeping risk low. Getting an extra $180 from at most 24 people (out of tens of thousands) per day six days a week is less than a drop in the bucket of WDW revenue, so it's not likely to be at the top of the priority list, and I have a feeling that small niche tours like DiveQuest will be among the last experiences to return.

I thinking more about when the tanks are filled. Admittedly, it's highly unlikely, with employees wearing masks, and all the filtration and moisture removal that happens in the compressor on the way to the tank. However, unlike small dive operators who need to get back up and running ASAP to stay in business, this is far from WDW's primary revenue stream, so Disney can afford to be more cautious about it and wait. I hope I'm wrong, but Disney's focus right now has been on maximizing revenue while trying to keeping risk low. Getting an extra $180 from at most 24 people (out of tens of thousands) per day six days a week is less than a drop in the bucket of WDW revenue, so it's not likely to be at the top of the priority list, and I have a feeling that small niche tours like DiveQuest will be among the last experiences to return.

52x6=312
312x24=7,488
7,488x$180=$1,347,840

$1.3 million dollars isn't such a drop in the bucket and all of these tours add up. I guess I'll just keep checking.

52x6=312
312x24=7,488
7,488x$180=$1,347,840

$1.3 million dollars isn't such a drop in the bucket and all of these tours add up. I guess I'll just keep checking.
Yes; it is a drop in the bucket. The Parks and Experiences division did $26.2 billion in revenue last year, so that $1.3 million is only 0.005%, and that's only if every day is fully booked, which they aren't always.

I get that you want it to be back ASAP - we all do - but from my experience, we divers tend to be very passionate about the activity we love and don't always consider that not everyone shares our enthusiasm, and that can make it tough to accept that Disney might not be very motivated in the current situation to bring DiveQuest back any time soon.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Since you're required to use Disney's equipment, they would have to completely sanitize all the masks, fins, wetsuits, BCDs, and especially the regulators. They would also have to ensure that the air in the tanks is not contaminated, which I'm not sure is possible to do to the level of certainty needed. Given all that, I'd say it might not be until after there's a widely available vaccine and things get back to normal.

What makes you sure they weren't doing this before?

Yes; it is a drop in the bucket. The Parks and Experiences division did $26.2 billion in revenue last year, so that $1.3 million is only 0.005%, and that's only if every day is fully booked, which they aren't always.

I get that you want it to be back ASAP - we all do - but from my experience, we divers tend to be very passionate about the activity we love and don't always consider that not everyone shares our enthusiasm, and that can make it tough to accept that Disney might not be very motivated in the current situation to bring DiveQuest back any time soon.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
The numbers you quoted are pre COVID, post COVID many companies are trying to bring in whatever revenue streams they can. My kids would like to do another Divequest, but I never said it should come back asap, I just asked if anyone knew anything I didn't and mentioned other programs have seemed to bring it back safely. Like I said. I'll keep checking the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!