diy trip advice

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
thanks for all the help everyone my trip next year is coming together. so far sorted flights to Tampa and 10 nights on site at disney. that leaves us 6 nights at the start of our trip where we don't want too many plans but just do Legoland a bit. (maybe 2 days)

we 're having a debate at moment as to what to do those 6 nights

1. get accommodation in orlando so can visit disney springs a bit and entry around
2. stay in Tampa but know little about Tampa
3. head to the coast
4. do a few hotels each to visit Tampa, stay in LEGOLAND and then orlando but that might be a bit tiring switching hotels etc so much.

what would you do?

We did similar this year. Flew to Tampa and had five nights before our Disney stay. We considered Tampa area, Clearwater etc for a couple of nights before moving to Orlando but as our kids are young (5 & 2) we felt it was better for us not to move hotels too much. We had a lovely few days relaxing, visiting Disney Springs, malls and lots of pool time. It helped my kids adjust before the excitement (and hard work!) of the parks kicked in!

Personally, I would only want to change hotels once. Maybe a villa near Disney? They tend all be south of Disney so the right side for getting out to Legoland and the coast if you wanted to do those things.

our kids are 3 and 6 so think you are probably right that staying in orlando is best. like the idea of the LEGOLAND hotel but not sure if I want the hassle of check ins packing up etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter