DL and DCA - Best nighttime rides?

ECMD2018

Earning My Ears
O.K. - I confess I'm obsessing about planning for our Disneyland/DCA Trip. Only 1 day at the parks -- have Maxpass and Park Hopper (yes too much to do). Staying at DLH and have extra magic hour at DCA for the one day.

So, one more question for my planning --

What are your favorite nighttime rides at either DL or DCA? If you can explain why, would appreciate it. FYI -- will be doing either WOC or Fantasmic

Thank you.

DCA: Radiator Springs Racers, it's beautiful at night. The outdoor portion looks real.
The Ferris Wheel (don't know what it's called now): skyhigh view of the park and surrounding area, which just looks better at night.

DL: Storybook Canal Boats and/or Casey Jr. Circus Train, little houses are lit up.
It's a Small World: Outdoor section is lit up.

DCA “musts”: RSR and Incredicoaster
DCA also nice at night: Pixar Pal Around, GOTG
DL “musts”: Storybook Canal Boats, BTMRR, Matterhorn. If it’s holiday season add IASW to that.
DL also nice at night: Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbitor (if you’re going to ride this at all, I’d do it at night. But it’s not a must do ride at all).

I agree, anything outside is better at night. For me, the best would be (in order of importance):
DL - Storybook Canal Boats, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise

DCA - RSR, Incredicoaster, GOTG

I guess the Ferris wheel would be better at night, too, but I’m not a fan of that ride personally and tend to skip it.

Radiator spring racers is for sure a top night time ride! GTG is also a top For DCA. My wife and I did enjoy Luigi’s at night as well. I feel it really enhanced the experience.

My favorites by far are Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder in DL and Incredicoaster and as a last ride of the night Grizzly!!! (you can get quite wet on Grizzly so we only do it at night if its last! lol, it seems way more intense at night!)

DCA- Radiator Springs Racers and the Incredicoaster. I also love riding the Golden Zephyr at night

DL- Big Thunder, especially if you can time it with the fireworks. Magical!

If the Mark Twain is running at night, go for it! Agree with the above posters that BTMRR is better at night, especially during fireworks. We like IASW better at night -- the ride exit isn't so abrupt coming out into the evening/night as it is coming out into bright sunlight. (And at Holiday Time, it can be beautiful with the building lit up!) We think the tea cups and carousel are prettier when lit up at night. In DCA, again, pp are right that IC and RSR are better at night. During Holiday Time, the Redwood Creek area is lovely at night (it snows!).

All outdoor attractions are better at night. Especially the Disneyland Railroad, Incredicoaster, Carsland, Silly Symphony Swings, Guardians of the Galaxy, Splash Mountain and (my personal favorite during fireworks) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It was said earlier in the thread but any outdoor ride is better at nigh, IMHO. I love Radiator Springs Racers, Incredicoaster and Grizzly River in DCA. There is something so peaceful and beautiful in those rides at night. I really love the moment where you climb the first hill in Grizzly- it's hard to describe, it really is something to be experienced. In DL I love to do the Jungle Cruise, Storybook Canals, Matterhorn and Big Thunder. I once did Big Thunder during the fireworks and that was a thrill. For me it is any ride where I can see the park and rides lit up at night. There is something about it that makes me feel all fuzzy inside (and occasionally weepy)

We love Radiator springs racers in the evening, especially if you can time it as the sun is going down. We also Love Big Thunder during the night, we try to ride it later in the night...

We've discovered the joy of Grizzly River Run at night, the caves are pitch black and it feels so much more intense! I also love doing Guardians at night, the moment when the window at the top opens and seeing everything all lit up is great.

RSR is interesting at night - even the dark ride portion feels different than it does during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter