Dl/birth certificate cruising

Mom loves Disney

DIS Veteran
When booking a cruise using a birth certificate, do you use the name that is on the Dl, if married?
I hope I'm making sense.

Do you have your marriage license or other court document to show the name change? I have been asked before when traveling with my birth certificate and driver's license for my marriage certificate to close the loop on how DML is the same person as DMF. I would still book under my current name you just might want to check and see if you need that transitional document too.

You should always book travel in the name on your legal ID - which in this case is the drivers license. A birth certificate is never a legal ID.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you everyone. I'm going to get a passport.
Excellent choice. Passports are good for 10 years and open up so many additional travel opportunities. Plus, it's good insurance to have even if not strictly required for your cruise just in case something happens and you need to fly back from a foreign port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!