DL & DCA -Disability Access Service Card- Post 1 update 12/7/14 DAS tied to ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not trust the app with the waiting times what I was referring to is what if I get a return time of 90 minutes and then walk by that same attraction only to find out the waiting time is less than what they just gave me.

A lot of what you listed either does have a waiting time (Like the train when you said it doesn't) or things my son just won't do nor sit still in (like the Lincoln theater thing we tried that once didn't work) nor does he want to stand on the street listening to the Dapper Dans, I thought for sure once he would do the Jedi Academy as he LOVES Star Wars but once it started he darted.

I realize what Disney is and isn't going to do, and the reason I am freaking out before we have done this is because I know my son and I know what does and doesn't work for him and this doesn't work for him.

I have an annual pass and if we can no longer visit Disney because of the changes they choose to make I expect a partial refund. There are thousands of other things they could have done. They chose this one. I am NOT the only person upset with this and am not the only person saying this isn't going to work for my child.

Earlier in this thread I suggested downloading more than one app, so you can compare - with DL, the wait times app I like is "MouseWait." I plan on looking at more than one app to see if there is a major difference in the wait times - if there is, I will ask them to double check or pick a different ride to ask for.

If you walk past within minutes, then I would stop and speak to the CMs at the attraction or at the nearest kiosk.

I did in fact list things that sometimes have waits, but generally never longer than 10-15 minutes, which is about how long you would wait in a FastPass line anyway. For most things, like Tiki Room, Mark Twain/Colombia, and Train, if you need to wait for the next show/boat/train, speak to the CMs working it. Especially if you have a DAS in hand with your son's picture, and say he is autistic and has ADHD, can we please wait off to the side (for the train, that may be where wheelchair parties wait, for the boats, there is a place off to the side they save for wheelchair groups, and I am sure the CM who works Tiki Room will work with you (like have you wait by the exit, go in there (which is what wheelchairs do anyway) so you can leave if you need to.

If he will not sit for a show, and he will not stand for a show, how have you handled waiting in the long GAC lines thus far? I am not being sarcastic - it may be that your present system can be adapted. Because I have a GAC, and I know how long it takes to get on Pirates or HM or Peter Pan, even Jungle Cruise.

Will he use a stroller, special needs stroller, or wheelchair, to help give him a private space?

What I can guarantee you is that Disney is not going to refund any part of your annual passes. I have family who works in Ticket Sales, and she explained the contracts to us, which my wife and I read entirely before signing. Even if we are in the hospital and can never go to Disney for an entire year, we have to pay. I actually think our estate must pay even if we are dead. So I can tell you that there will not be a refund issued.

I do agree that they may not always be the best for autistic or those that need room to move. But, I feel that this is good information to know for those of us with difficulty standing for the length of waiting and the show on top of that. However, there is almost always an escape route, but in many cases, you will not be able to get back in once leaving the area. I wouldn't use one of these places if there wasn't, due to my needs. And yes, once the parade or show starts, you are often stuck, but in many cases that is true no matter where you are.

I mean no disrespect here in any way, but I do have some corrections and comments to the information that KPeveler has provided, based on actual experiences this last Saturday:

WOC currently has about five ADA viewing areas throughout the viewing area, in addition to the two in the back. NOTE: Some of these areas may already be filled, depending on the needs of the guests there. With the exception of the ones in the back, they can make these less crowded upon request, if you have the need. There will still be other people there, just fewer people.

Fantasmic!: The ADA viewing area does have benches and those with GACs have been able to use them since about 2011 and I have never heard of anyone with an applicable stamp being turned away since then, unless the viewing area there was already full. NOTE: For those with wheelchairs and ECVs, you can be in the back of most sitting areas and will generally get a better view of the show by doing this.

Aladdin: Currently a GAC, Wheelchair or ECV is required to bypass the stairs (yes, they were making those with canes and walkers use the stairs, which I found ridiculous.)

Parades: At DCA, I know of no specific viewing areas for accessibility, at Disneyland, there is one with benches and yes, wheelchairs may be in front of some of the benches, but due to the incline that they are placed on, you should still be able to see while sitting on the benches and that area does have an escape path, but you may not be able to get back in once you leave.

Unfortunately, the fireworks have no accessible viewing area, which is desperately needed due to how they configure the viewing area now with standing in front of the hub. When they had sitting in front of the hub it wasn't that big of a deal, as wheelchairs could be at the back and see over everyone, now all they get to see is the rear end of the person in front of them.

One other comment is if you don't feel that an ADA spot will meet your needs, talk with a CM and explain your needs. They are usually happy to help and I have not seen them refuse a reasonable request.

One correction to this post: As of Saturday night, as well as two nights the previous week that I went to see Fantasmic, CMs were stating exactly what I said - that if you did not have a physical wheelchair, you needed to view the show elsewhere. The last time I was told this was this past Saturday. I saw two different parties with GACs with a wheelchair stamp being turned away. One of the three times I have listened to this speech in the last two weeks, a manager (shirt and tie, not just with a radio) was the one saying it. I saw no benches in the wheelchair viewing area, and if they are there, they are all the way to the left of the section, close to the exit.

This speech was said before the area was even opened to guests for the second show. I heard it being said to guests after the area had been opened for the first show, but when it was NOT full.

So perhaps you went to WOC on Saturday, but I was basing what I wrote on my actual experiences this Saturday.

I did say that there were benches at the very back, at least, of the WOC show.

I mostly wanted to point out that most DAS cards will NOT be given for mobility concerns. Most DAS cards will be given for other conditions, and I mostly did not want people thinking this would mean the area is open or less crowded for people with autism and social phobias. And for guests who have the DAS who may also be looking for a place to sit down, not all parade areas in DL have benches (I know the one in the hub does), and they too are very very crowded.

I realize it hasn't been implanted yet.
Now a question:
What is the difference between Fastpass and Fastpass + I have never seen a Fastpass+ at Disneyland.

While discussing this issue on the autism boards people have been finding a way to "double down" as they are calling it on the boards. Here is how it works (I am NOT saying to do this I am just pointing out that this system is also subject to abuse) Say my son has the DAS and if my husband gets to come with us We have a party of 3 on his DAS. Then I get a wheelchair and since I don't have to show proof I too will be getting a return time ticket for each ride. So we can get two attractions at the same time, one on my son's DAS and one on mine. See what I mean?

Even though it isn't "front of the line" people will still abuse it because they still don't want to wait in lines and they still don't have to as the abusers are capable of waiting in lines they go on smaller rides or see shows or eat while waiting for their return time. Other people without the card can't do this. It's still abuse.
Disney isn't solving anything.

First question: There is no FastPass+ at Disneyland, only Disney World. Disneyland is years out from having FP+, which I think allows you to make a certain number of FP+ reservations ahead of time.

Second question: If you require a wheelchair, and have someone to push you (which is the part about your husband going, if I read it correctly), then you are certainly welcome to use the wheelchair. But having a wheelchair, whether your own or a rental, does NOT mean that you qualify for a DAS. You would need to have concerns beyond those met by the wheelchair. So, no, you cannot "double down" by renting a wheelchair. You will NOT get a return time for the wheelchair. In Disneyland, you will be directed to the wheelchair accessible queue, which is generally a line in or outside of the exit. In DCA, that is the mainstream queue.

In WDW, there are 10 queues which are not wheelchair accessible, and so guests with wheelchairs will be given return times equal to the stand-by time - thereby avoiding anyone not waiting their turn - which I guess can be held in addition to DAS Return Times.

These cards will not be used in DL, at least as of Saturday when I spoke to the manager in Guest Relations on Saturday. There are simply too many rides for that to be effective.

So you can rent a wheelchair, and you can use the stand-by wheelchair queue, but you will not be issued a return card, and DAS Return Time holders will get priority over the stand-by wheelchair line (to a point - they will also work guests together to keep times as even as possible, but it had always been a possibility that if there are too many guests with wheelchairs showing up to a ride at one time, then the wheelchair queue could be longer than the standby time... that is one thing the new system is going to help fix.

But, speaking of DL, there is no FP+ and there is no Return Cards to be given out for wheelchair users.

First question: There is no FastPass+ at Disneyland, only Disney World. Disneyland is years out from having FP+, which I think allows you to make a certain number of FP+ reservations ahead of time.

Second question: If you require a wheelchair, and have someone to push you (which is the part about your husband going, if I read it correctly), then you are certainly welcome to use the wheelchair. But having a wheelchair, whether your own or a rental, does NOT mean that you qualify for a DAS. You would need to have concerns beyond those met by the wheelchair. So, no, you cannot "double down" by renting a wheelchair. You will NOT get a return time for the wheelchair. In Disneyland, you will be directed to the wheelchair accessible queue, which is generally a line in or outside of the exit. In DCA, that is the mainstream queue.

In WDW, there are 10 queues which are not wheelchair accessible, and so guests with wheelchairs will be given return times equal to the stand-by time - thereby avoiding anyone not waiting their turn - which I guess can be held in addition to DAS Return Times.

These cards will not be used in DL, at least as of Saturday when I spoke to the manager in Guest Relations on Saturday. There are simply too many rides for that to be effective.

So you can rent a wheelchair, and you can use the stand-by wheelchair queue, but you will not be issued a return card, and DAS Return Time holders will get priority over the stand-by wheelchair line (to a point - they will also work guests together to keep times as even as possible, but it had always been a possibility that if there are too many guests with wheelchairs showing up to a ride at one time, then the wheelchair queue could be longer than the standby time... that is one thing the new system is going to help fix.

But, speaking of DL, there is no FP+ and there is no Return Cards to be given out for wheelchair users.

You get to make three per day at one park per day they give you options and you pick the time that works best for you. If they don't pick the closet one and then you allowed to try and change the time and it give you more times to choose from if their available.

You get to make three per day at one park per day they give you options and you pick the time that works best for you. If they don't pick the closet one and then you allowed to try and change the time and it give you more times to choose from if their available.

Thank you David - I am a DL person mostly, though I am going to WDW in January we hope, so I did not want to give specifics in case I was incorrect.

Thank you David - I am a DL person mostly, though I am going to WDW in January we hope, so I did not want to give specifics in case I was incorrect.

No problem I going to dl in feb for my birthday plus you picked a great time less busy and cooler.

They could change after roll out I know some people have gotten an extra choice during testing. So I am not sure if they seeing if four works or keep it at three. I do hope they allow park hopping with them because for example at Dhs I do you story mania but would like to use the other two at Epcot or mk but can't for now.

I like how they have them for parades and soon fire works which might be better option then das for some guest.

Just to clarify - this is Fastpass +

It is currently being tested at WDW. At this time, people doing testing can pre-choose 3 attractions per day at one park per day.
There is opportunity to change the pre-chosen options on the day at the park, either by using a smart phone with the My Disney Experience app or at designated spots in the park.

During the testing, it is just 3 attractions, but it could possibly be more when it rolls out.

Just to clarify - this is Fastpass +

It is currently being tested at WDW. At this time, people doing testing can pre-choose 3 attractions per day at one park per day.
There is opportunity to change the pre-chosen options on the day at the park, either by using a smart phone with the My Disney Experience app or at designated spots in the park.

During the testing, it is just 3 attractions, but it could possibly be more when it rolls out.

Thanks I was respond to kpeveler and should of add fast pass + in the response. They have put kiosks the through out the park to make the changes.

One correction to this post: As of Saturday night, as well as two nights the previous week that I went to see Fantasmic, CMs were stating exactly what I said - that if you did not have a physical wheelchair, you needed to view the show elsewhere. The last time I was told this was this past Saturday. I saw two different parties with GACs with a wheelchair stamp being turned away. One of the three times I have listened to this speech in the last two weeks, a manager (shirt and tie, not just with a radio) was the one saying it. I saw no benches in the wheelchair viewing area, and if they are there, they are all the way to the left of the section, close to the exit.

This speech was said before the area was even opened to guests for the second show. I heard it being said to guests after the area had been opened for the first show, but when it was NOT full.

So perhaps you went to WOC on Saturday, but I was basing what I wrote on my actual experiences this Saturday.

I did say that there were benches at the very back, at least, of the WOC show.

I mostly wanted to point out that most DAS cards will NOT be given for mobility concerns. Most DAS cards will be given for other conditions, and I mostly did not want people thinking this would mean the area is open or less crowded for people with autism and social phobias. And for guests who have the DAS who may also be looking for a place to sit down, not all parade areas in DL have benches (I know the one in the hub does), and they too are very very crowded.

Strange, that has never been my experience for me or anyone near me. I do wonder if it's because I know most of the managers there and they know I wouldn't accept that and it wouldn't matter if it's my party or not, I would stick up for them. as I said though, I don't think it provides the best viewing of the show. There are benches to the left of that section, at least normally, but as you say it is to the very left of that section.

As for the parade, I guess I have always been lucky in main Street, we almost always have a bench to our selves with maybe two or three others on the benches and about 5 wheelchairs. normally they ask that anyone that can stand do so next to the section or behind the benches when possible.

I find it disgusting that people on an autism board would be discussing ways to abuse the system - all the while yelling about how they (and their children) are being punished because Disney wanted to stop abusers.

I realize this may have gotten taken out of context but on the boards people were pointing out that Disney has solved nothing because there are still several ways to abuse the system, this led to an argument by a couple of people how and name one and after an argument the person named only one way but said there were several other way (but didn't go into details) they were not encouraging doing this in any sort of way and this was only said for this one guy to prove his point during an argument. That's all.
I think the proof thing is bull I think the very disabled people that created that law shot themselves in the foot because look at what it is causing. If you have to show proof of disability for something as serious as SSI or other things then why not show it for Disneylnad.
Disneyland boasts about being the biggest resort in the world and the CM's have said that if they were requiring proof they would have to hire a doctor to make judgements about the GAC cards, ya know what? Then hire one. If you are the biggest resort you have the money do it.

Thank you for answering about the Fastpass+ system I was sure I had never heard of that at Disneyland before.

I honestly don't care about the wheelchair thing because I'm not going to use it I'm not going to abuse the system, but even say no wheel chair say instead of the wheelchair a second person in the party could get their own DAS by saying whatever they wanted (since no proof was required) then two people in the same party have a DAS and can get two return time tickets for two different rides at the same time, see my point? That's all I was getting at. This all stemmed from an argument on the autism board. I do not encourage breaking the rules nor abusing the system.

It does NOT seem like an evolving program to me, especially with people telling me it's here it's staying and get used to it.

Granted I'm not a fortune teller about the lines but I am using my knowledge of what we have went through in the past to get things do things and that's BEFORE this system is in effect and EVERYONE has to go to the same place makes it all the more worse.

Same thing with the kiosks.

It is difficult for me to say give it a chance when I already know what does and doesn't work for my son. Sure let's go all the way down there (getting my son excited in the process) and when we get there it's a nightmare my son has several meltdowns but I'll put him through all that just for me to confirm what I already know about my son, he can't do this. Forgive me for being "ranty" but I'm the only one who can when it comes to my son because he can't do it for himself.

The reason I called it an evolving program is that ever since the first hint of the new system was posted here, there have been constant updates to what people think and claim to know about how it is to be implemented. Just because it is here to stay does not mean it has not and will not continue to change and be worked on.

Some of the changes so far:

First, there were going to be kiosks in WDW and DL/DCA and you cannot get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were not going to be kiosks in WDW and you could get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were going to be kiosks in WDW but you could also get a return time at the attraction.

First you could only get a DAS for 1 day.

Then you could get it for up to 3 days if you were staying onsite.

Then you could get it for the length of your stay if you could prove you were staying for that length of time but AP holders could only get it for 1 day.

Then AP holders could get it for up to 3 days, then 5 days then 2 weeks.

First the DAS holder had to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

Then then DAS golder did not have to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

I could go on, but I hope you get my point about it evolving and that we just simply do not know what to expect on day 1 of the new system. We do not know what to expect on day 30 of the new system, nor on day 180.

And besides, I never said you should drag your son down and see how fast he melts down, what I said was that we should all wait and see how the program is actually implemented before we all fly off our collective handle. That was the wait and see, let's wait and see how Disneyland and Disney World actually handle this new system in reality as opposed to how we all fear they are going to handle it.

And then, at the end of the day if the new system absolutely will not work for you and your son then yes, by all means try and get a refund for the unused portion of your annual passes.

Of course, you should be an advocate for your son but preferential treatment is not something that should be expected or demanded. And really, what the old GAC was giving us was preferential treatment. The new DAS is giving us what we have always claimed to need, an alternate way to wait. We will now be able to wait in an area or manner that gives us equal access to attractions without giving us faster entrance. And if you can't see that, then I really don't have anything else I can say because no matter how much it might pain us to admit it, the old system was not equal access, it was better.

I realize this may have gotten taken out of context but on the boards people were pointing out that Disney has solved nothing because there are still several ways to abuse the system, this led to an argument by a couple of people how and name one and after an argument the person named only one way but said there were several other way (but didn't go into details) they were not encouraging doing this in any sort of way and this was only said for this one guy to prove his point during an argument. That's all.
I think the proof thing is bull I think the very disabled people that created that law shot themselves in the foot because look at what it is causing. If you have to show proof of disability for something as serious as SSI or other things then why not show it for Disneylnad.
Disneyland boasts about being the biggest resort in the world and the CM's have said that if they were requiring proof they would have to hire a doctor to make judgements about the GAC cards, ya know what? Then hire one. If you are the biggest resort you have the money do it.

As has been said a few times, although there have been recent stories about abuse, the change has been in the works for quite a while and is more to do with the system being overwhelmed by people using it properly (using it in the manner it have evolved into) than to get rid of the abusers.

So, you complain about possibly having to wait 20 minutes to get a pass, but you'd be okay with the hours (or days) it would take if they hired a doctor to make judgments about the cards? No way a doctor can look at someone and tell how disabled they are. Think about how many months it takes for the SSI proof to be made.

I'm also confused about your comparison of SSI and a GAC. I have no problem with providing as much proof as necessary to get our version of the SSI (though none of the people I travel to WDW with would qualify), but I'm not going to go through all those hoops just to tour WDW/DL. Your comment says it for you - the SSI is something serious, the DAS/GAS is not.

The reason I called it an evolving program is that ever since the first hint of the new system was posted here, there have been constant updates to what people think and claim to know about how it is to be implemented. Just because it is here to stay does not mean it has not and will not continue to change and be worked on.

Some of the changes so far:

First, there were going to be kiosks in WDW and DL/DCA and you cannot get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were not going to be kiosks in WDW and you could get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were going to be kiosks in WDW but you could also get a return time at the attraction.

First you could only get a DAS for 1 day.

Then you could get it for up to 3 days if you were staying onsite.

Then you could get it for the length of your stay if you could prove you were staying for that length of time but AP holders could only get it for 1 day.

Then AP holders could get it for up to 3 days, then 5 days then 2 weeks.

First the DAS holder had to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

Then then DAS golder did not have to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

I could go on, but I hope you get my point about it evolving and that we just simply do not know what to expect on day 1 of the new system. We do not know what to expect on day 30 of the new system, nor on day 180.

And besides, I never said you should drag your son down and see how fast he melts down, what I said was that we should all wait and see how the program is actually implemented before we all fly off our collective handle. That was the wait and see, let's wait and see how Disneyland and Disney World actually handle this new system in reality as opposed to how we all fear they are going to handle it.

And then, at the end of the day if the new system absolutely will not work for you and your son then yes, by all means try and get a refund for the unused portion of your annual passes.

Of course, you should be an advocate for your son but preferential treatment is not something that should be expected or demanded. And really, what the old GAC was giving us was preferential treatment. The new DAS is giving us what we have always claimed to need, an alternate way to wait. We will now be able to wait in an area or manner that gives us equal access to attractions without giving us faster entrance. And if you can't see that, then I really don't have anything else I can say because no matter how much it might pain us to admit it, the old system was not equal access, it was better.

So very well put, thank you.

Let's please remember to be civil and keep the thread on topic, so that the mods don't have to close the thread. It is supposed to bet here to discuss the changes and learn how they affect us, not to attack one another.

As has been explained many times in this forum for years, the reason Disney cannot require proof is that the DAS is designed to facilitate EQUAL access. Things that are SPECIAL access, such as disabled parking, SSDI, etc - those are not things the general public has access to.

Disneyland IS something the general public has access to, therefore, no proof can be required. I can give a whole list of reasons why proof cannot be required, but most of them come down to this - The law was not written for Disney - it was written for everywhere! And I am NOT carrying proof with me everywhere I go stating I really do need my wheelchair. And managers cannot require proof at Target when you go to buy groceries that your child really is autistic, and not just badly behaved, to allow you into the store. There are a million scenarios.

Anyway - yes, people will come up with ways to abuse the system, but most will lose interest when they do not get instant access.

It does NOT seem like an evolving program to me, especially with people telling me it's here it's staying and get used to it.

Disney isn't solving anything.

Two things about the above quoted post-

One, it is an evolving system, as I stated in an earlier post. A Guest Relations manager said that they have changed parts of the system several times over the last 10 days.

Yes, the DAS system is here (tomorrow) and is here to stay. They will NOT go back to the GAC system, but that does not mean the DAS rules that go out Day One will stay the same forever. Of course they will learn as time goes on, and alter the system in small ways.

Two, Disney is solving a great many things, they are just not solving it in a way you prefer for your family.

And now a third, unrelated topic...
Three, I have seen a great many things going around about how maybe in the future Disney will allow two DAS return times, etc. Such speculation may make us feel better, but PLEASE remember it is speculation.

Also, there has been speculation that kids who do not understand waiting or cannot wait due to autism will get faster access. I want to make it clear that Disney has absolutely NO intention on having different "levels" of DAS, especially one based on diagnosis. I can give three quick reasons for that:
  • One, I have ADHD and sensory processing problems and I have been told that may, according to some doctors put me on the spectrum. Therefore I qualify. They cannot pick out one diagnosis without picking out others "like" it.
  • Two, how do you think the GAC system broke? People found out what gave them the "best" access and then went to GR and said they had that!
  • Three, well, my friend she cannot stand or sit upright (that's right, wheelchair does not help at all) due to a rare condition she only has because of another rare condition, for more than 2-3 hours, and only about 1 in the heat. That is "worse" than autism, right?

Of course I do not think we can rank diagnoses, and my above statement is simply an example of how Disney is not going to pick one sub-group to get different or "better" DAS service.

Disney may well adapt the DAS system in the future, to allow for more Return Times at once during more crowded times, or allow for one "E" ticket wait, and another "not as popular" ride wait time. There are many options they are looking at for the future.

Right now, however, we have the system we have. And we must actually use that system, try it, and if it does not work for our family, then write to Disney about it. Disney is NOT going to change the system by tomorrow - they are more interested in hearing experiences, not pre-judgements.

And, finally, a warning -

Please keep things civil. There have been personal attacks based on people not completely reading the posts of others. Even if you have completely read the post, there will be NO personal attacks of any kind. If you feel the post is inappropriate or damaging, please report it. I can promise you all Sue and I have been doing for the last 2 weeks with our free time is deal with this issue, and we will get to it.

If you have been attacked by someone, please do not reply to them on the thread. Please report the post, and we will deal with it. Even if you were the initial victim of an attack, if you attack the poster personally in return, warnings and points WILL be handed out to both parties.

Also, from this point on, no quotes from or links to other forums will be allowed. I have updated the first post, with the guidelines for this forum, to reflect this. I am also copying the rules here once more, as people seem to have forgotten some of them in the heated debate. I have bolded the new new addition, as well as one particular guideline that is important if this thread is to remain helpful to people with questions.

1) Follow the Disboards posting guidelines
No sarcasm, no personal attacks, no name-calling. In other words, play nice. As Thumper's mom said, "If you don't have something nice to say...don't say nothing at all."

2) Be respectful of others. Many people are afraid of the unknown and are feeling very vulnerable right now. People have different disabilities/needs and different comfort levels about their disabilities. Because this is a new & unfamiliar way of doing things, people are concerned.

3) No debates:
  • about whether Disney is right or wrong
  • about whether a change was needed
  • about asking for a doctor's letter or proof of disability
  • about any particular disability being worse/more disabled/truly disabled/more in need of accommodation.
4) No posting of links to blogs, other forums, quotes from other forums or petitions - We want this to be a helpful thread, not a list of people who are panicked and not willing to give the new program a try. If you want to share those, send them by Private Message or email to your friends. If you are unsure about whether such a quote or post from another source would be helpful to the thread, please send it to the moderators.

Thank you for your understanding of these rules.

KPeveler, I would like to thank both you and SueM for doing all that you do.

This is definitely a topic that get become uncivilized very fast, so I can only imagine how hard it is for you guys to stay on top of all of this. But, it is nice to have a place to come and not worry about all of the bad stuff that many other places focus on, but rather get the facts about the system. Thanks to this board, I know largely what to expect and I knew what questions I needed to ask when I emailed Disney directly. Without that, I would be a lot more concerned about the new system. The information you have here, combined with the information I have received directly from Disney definitely makes me less concerned about the new system.

I'm not saying that I don't have any concerns, I do, but they are now fewer at least.

"Many people are afraid of the unknown and are feeling very vulnerable right now."

Thank you for posting that KPeveler. I think that really defines what I am feeling right now. As I've said many times before I am the only one who knows what works and doesn't work for my child and I kind of feel like Disney came in and said here, this is what works for your child. I am feeling very vulnerable right now and I don't like feeling that way especially when it comes to my son as I am the only one who can stick up for him. So please understand that from my point of view. Please. In the meantime I am going to take a break from this thread as it is stressing me out in all honesty.
And thank you admins for taking care of that other problem.

Amen! Good for you. I'm tired of reading all of the complaints (they are SO bad on facebook).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter