DLand Races - Where to Stay?

tiki23

Able to leap a double stroller in a single bound!
Hi! I'm running the DDD and hopefully the Avenger Half.

I'd like to find a mid-priced hotel near the start that provides transportation. What's worked for you in the past?

Also, do you get a better deal booking with Get Travel?

Thanks!

~Alice

I am staying at the HoJo on Harbor Blvd. Takes less than 10 min to walk to turnstiles. Have stayed there for both family trips and for the 2011 DL Half. Have always been pleased with it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, also on Harbor, worked out great for our C2C stay. Roll out of bed and onto Disney property. ;)

We had a good stay at the Ramada Maingate on Harbor Blvd last year for the Disneyland Half. With the hotels along that stretch, as well as the other surrounding streets, you really don't even need transportation; we walked across the street and through Downtown Disney to the start within maybe 20 minutes. We got a promotion they posted on their FB page and stayed for around ~$100/night -- nothing too fancy, but adequate for our needs and a great value considering the proximity to the parks.

If you've not ever been to Disneyland or run a Disneyland race, I'll say that it's an entirely different starting experience than Disney World. The hotels around the park greatly simplify the logistics of getting to the starting area, as well as getting back to your hotel after the finish.

Thanks for the responses! I've actually stayed on Harbor at The Desert Inn and Suites for a family reunion trip and it worked great. Just wondered if it might be better to stay on Katella. But if the start is as easily accessed from Harbor as Katella, that opens up more possible hotels.

Where exactly do we access the start from?

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses! I've actually stayed on Harbor at The Desert Inn and Suites for a family reunion trip and it worked great. Just wondered if it might be better to stay on Katella. But if the start is as easily accessed from Harbor as Katella, that opens up more possible hotels.

Where exactly do we access the start from?

Thanks!

When staying on Harbor you'll cross the street, walk through the Esplanade and then through downtown disney to access the start which is over near the Disney Hotels. Its a pretty easy walk.

For Tink I stayed at the Stovall's Best Western and it was clean, affordable and close to the parks. It's only a 5 minute walk at most to the DL Hotel from there. Certainly not deluxe or a room you want to hang out in but serves the purpose.

last year for the DLR half I ended up at the Super 8 on Ball- it was perfect for race morning as the corrals were oh 1 block straight ahead.- walk to the parks was a tad longer.. Its a very no frills hotel but for race mornings couldnt be beat

Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Anaheim
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxoc-fairfield-inn-anaheim-disneyland-resort/

From Googlemaps it looks like it's just a 1 mile walk, mostly through Downtown Disney.
Is it "safe" to walk through their in the wee hours of the morning? Is it even possible (I've only been to downtown Disney a couple times, and have never noticed if there are any gates or other ways they may block it off)?
I will likely be by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts