DLP closing again Oct 30!!

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Well it just gets worse and worse again. Until Feb 12,2021.

Last edited:
I had a gut feeling this would happen. Oh well! Wondering how they can operate at a reduced capacity in winter and make money anyway.

I have different info, actually.
The park will be closing at the end of today, but since the lockdown for France is in place for just a month (for now), Disneyland Paris has already announced that they will be taking reservations for the holiday season: Dec 19 - Jan 3rd. After that, the park will be closed until February 12th.

Official note from the website: "In line with latest direction from the French authorities, Disneyland Paris will be closing end of day on October 29th. In anticipation of celebrating the Christmas holiday season we will be taking reservations from December 19 – January 3 and hope to be open based on prevailing conditions and government guidance at that time. Disneyland Paris will be closed from January 4 through February 12. Please check back on the website for regular updates."

You guys are right to assume the park won't actually reopen until February, we in EU are pretty beaten up right now, but hopefully they'll manage to stick to the plan (fingers crossed).

I have different info, actually.
The park will be closing at the end of today, but since the lockdown for France is in place for just a month (for now), Disneyland Paris has already announced that they will be taking reservations for the holiday season: Dec 19 - Jan 3rd. After that, the park will be closed until February 12th.

Official note from the website: "In line with latest direction from the French authorities, Disneyland Paris will be closing end of day on October 29th. In anticipation of celebrating the Christmas holiday season we will be taking reservations from December 19 – January 3 and hope to be open based on prevailing conditions and government guidance at that time. Disneyland Paris will be closed from January 4 through February 12. Please check back on the website for regular updates."

You guys are right to assume the park won't actually reopen until February, we in EU are pretty beaten up right now, but hopefully they'll manage to stick to the plan (fingers crossed).
I think one another issue is people are just simply getting frustrated with trying to plan trips. This is now the second time we have had to cancel. To be honest I think those going over the holidays if they’re still open are ones with Lon standing existing reservations. But I think right now it’s just too much stress thinking of getting there and back regardless of where you’re coming from. I have also heard that from the UK a lot of airlines and the train have cancelled services.
I honestly think for a trip to happen end of this year too many stars have to align correctly to make that happen.

We were due to arrive December 12 and I've been expecting this announcement for a month or so. We moved to May and actually got a better deal (half board plus and 100 euro gift voucher) so clearly Disney are keen for people not to cancel. Fingers crossed for a brighter 2021.

We were due to arrive December 12 and I've been expecting this announcement for a month or so. We moved to May and actually got a better deal (half board plus and 100 euro gift voucher) so clearly Disney are keen for people not to cancel. Fingers crossed for a brighter 2021.
We're going in May, too (hopefully). Which country did you book through? I found a breakfast with 100 euro gift card, but not with half board plus. I'd love to find that offer?

We're going in May, too (hopefully). Which country did you book through? I found a breakfast with 100 euro gift card, but not with half board plus. I'd love to find that offer?
Hey! It was UK - I called them on 08001690737 and they did it over the phone. It's a really good deal.

How long should a refund take? Before the closure, i noticed in the app that it said the balance was yet to be paid, but we paid the TA in full. When questioned (before the current closure) they confirmed this was the case & DLP had yet be paid. Now when questioned they say they are waiting for DLP to give the refund? Anyone else experienced this?

Also to post it here. Disneyland Paris will not reopen for the Christmas season. Reopening will be for French February school holidays.

It is the sad reality, and so many more will loose their jobs. When covid is finally over, It still is going to be a while before they are back up and running. They’ll have some serious recasting to do by then.

Going to put it here, as I am lazy to look for another thread or open a new one.

The castle is getting a refurb in 2021-22 (30th anniversary in 2022), Buzz Light Year will be reopening when the park reopens in February 2021. Also the reimagination of the Tram Tour into Route 66 is coming along nicely, as is the new Marvel Hotel. In below videos updates on the park, show, refurbishment and merchandise in Disneyland Paris.

I haven't seen the videos in full yet, there is probably overlap.

The new Disney Jr. Show Dreams Factory

Hi! @Karin1984

Do you or does anyone know if They are extending the year validity of tickets? We bought ours in August but had trips cancelled. Will they add the length of the current closure to the expiration dates? What did they do to the first **** down ???
Thanks! And Merry Christmas !

Hi! @Karin1984

Do you or does anyone know if They are extending the year validity of tickets? We bought ours in August but had trips cancelled. Will they add the length of the current closure to the expiration dates? What did they do to the first **** down ???
Thanks! And Merry Christmas !
Okay, I wanna know which four letter word is under the **** :P

For the annual passes yes, the amount of closed days is added to your AP. I take it they will do the same for regular day tickets? Best to give them a call.

We're booked for 16th Feb. Guess we'll be postponing or cancelling now 😢 as I can't see travel being ok then.

When would be better to postpone if we go that way? May half term or July/aug summer holidays? Interested in lower crowds, not fussed about likelihood of parades etc.

We're booked for 16th Feb. Guess we'll be postponing or cancelling now 😢 as I can't see travel being ok then.

When would be better to postpone if we go that way? May half term or July/aug summer holidays? Interested in lower crowds, not fussed about likelihood of parades etc.
If you do not care about parades & shows, then go whenever you want. With the extended opening times in the Summer, that makes up for the crowds during the day.

Not sure what 'May half term' means in your part of the world, but as long as you do not go the first week of May as this is usually a school holiday in France, then the rest of May should be fine.
I would prefer May over July/August due to the weather.

I keep reading that Paris schools are on holiday the last few weeks of October - are 2021 dates known yet? We are tentatively planning to be at DLP on Friday Oct 15 and unsure if that overlaps with these holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter