DLP - Do you speak English? Parlez Vous Anglais? - Wrapped up 9/30

It looks like one heck of an action shot, though

Haha! It does!!

Neat that you can meet Merida at a meal

We hadn’t met her before so we enjoyed this, and she was pretty fun! DD2 seemed to really like her!

Uhm that's weird. Is it normal in France for servers to ask you to call your bank?

No! No idea what happened, and it was almost like the forgot to tell all us all good when it was resolved, which was bit unDisney. We did notify all our credit cards we were traveling but had no other issues at all, on this trip or others.

No joke!

You got so much done in that evening, and I love the face paint. Very majestic.

Right? Like what is even happening in this photo!
It was a really great afternoon and we got a lot done! The face painting was on point!

Love that Dillon has adopted "hangry" into her vocabulary! haha its like my life motto!

The princess dinner looked awesome! So many princesses! What restaurant was that??

Love that Dillon has adopted "hangry" into her vocabulary! haha its like my life motto!

The princess dinner looked awesome! So many princesses! What restaurant was that??

She is still saying it alllll the time...

Haha, so funny I didn’t even mention the actual restaurant, updated my post above as well, it was Auberge de Cendrillon! It was a lot of Princess and overall happy we did it!

If you are into Princesses I recommend!

What a fun character assortment at the restaurant! I wish WDW did more meals where the characters there are unique to the meal. My girls would have gotten a kick out of meeting the mice!

We made the mistake of teaching her this term, she would say it anytime she was being bad, I’m just hangry mom. I’m hangry can I have a snack... oops! (This was almost the trip report title!)
Haha, that's always the problem with kids that age! Does she still use it all the time?
And people are rude! We got in line right before the break. When the characters went on break they cut off the line. They came back out and one guy was so annoyed asking why the line isn’t moving (this was all in English so I actually understood what was happening). The cast member explained its a meet and it takes time it will be about 20 minutes. He got so annoyed left the line and legit pushed his kid in with the character as someone was leaving and the next person was walking up! Luckily this cast member wasn’t having it and told him to get lost. It was amusing and perplexing to watch. Then we were about 2 people to the front and this women comes over and asks if her daughter can cut us. Umm no, is she kidding? She then tried to cut the people behind us, again the cast member wasn’t having it. The woman kept saying it’s just one extra person. The cast member kept saying she was sorry but the line was cut off and she would need to leave!
Wow, how rude! I'm glad that CM stood up to those families!

What a fun character assortment at the restaurant! I wish WDW did more meals where the characters there are unique to the meal. My girls would have gotten a kick out of meeting the mice!

I will say this as a good group, but tomorrow nights may top it! Disneyland in CA has a good breakfast at the Plaza that seems to have some unique characters we had met Perla there a few years ago!

Haha, that's always the problem with kids that age! Does she still use it all the time?

ALL THE TIME

Wow, how rude! I'm glad that CM stood up to those families!
Ugh, I was in total shock, but I have come realize people in general are just rude! It was rather refreshing that the CM was having none of it.

Nice update!

Love the face paint, really cute

Seems like a nice dinner, so cool that they have Merida and the 2 mice there, too. It would be great if they had more variety in some of the character meals at WDW.

48536327706_37bf1b085e_z.jpg

What is this, is the base of it a layer cake? I assume the shoe is white chocolate?

Nice update!

Love the face paint, really cute

Seems like a nice dinner, so cool that they have Merida and the 2 mice there, too. It would be great if they had more variety in some of the character meals at WDW.

I agree they have really good meals at some of the other parks. I will say WDW is trying with adding Artist Point and Trattoria, they both have different characters which i think is great, its a start!

What is this, is the base of it a layer cake? I assume the shoe is white chocolate?

EKKK... honestly it was a bit flaky maybe like a puff pastry, but that isn't really right... it was good, but not extremely memorable. The shoe was white chocolate and the best part!

Have you made your dining reservations yet?

Day 3 part 1 - We meet Darth Vador

So again I was I hoping to be at the park early today! But what do you know both kids slept in again! And frankly for me, anytime my kids sleep in I am happy, except when it messes with my Disney time. But whatever right... kinda...

So we got up probably closer to 830 again, today Pluto was meeting in the lobby and DD wanted to do that again so we made sure to meet him.

48550098246_55de3c9252.jpg

Then we hit up breakfast and finally made it to the park around 1030 maybe? (but now that i am checking out the pictures maybe we did breakfast first? They are on DH's phone, and he is sleeping, so i cant even check the time stamp, but doubtful). Anyway, I usually use pictures to verify but for some reason they are lacking this day. Sorry in advance!

I wanted to hit up hyperspace mountain, there was no wait at all so I did that while DH hung with the kids. DD2 was napping in the stroller (for those we read my first TR DD1 practically slept the whole trip! DD2 didnt sleep that much but she did do really well over all).
48550098286_cb96cc4d6d_z.jpg

After hyperspace mountain and this quality ride photo it was time to meet Darth Vader!

Some side notes: DD1s good friend loves Darth Vader and I knew he meets in DLP. She kept saying she didn't want to meet him leading up to the trip, but I said I was going to do it. All morning she was asking to meet him, so i was really excited for this meet!

Time for the meet! The line said 10 minutes but it was probably more like 20? But it was a really great meet.

I wish I got more videos but I also am happy I got to experience some of it with DD1. He does not sign so that was a bit of a bummer but either way great meet!
I tried to post the videos and I can’t seem to figure it out... but I can describe the meet, he walks out summons you and says I will teach you the ways of the force and then goes through some moves and things you should know. Then he asks If you will come back when your older and asks the adults permission in this case and then takes pictures with everyone. (High level that’s what happens)​

OMG i messed up the sizing here... will try to come back later and fix it!

Day 3 part 2- not really sure what we did.

Last edited:
So again I was I hoping to be at the park early today!
I've already warned DH that if he is not ready by the time I want to leave, I'm leaving without him. Probably can't do that with children, though :rotfl2:

After hyperspace mountain and this quality ride photo
Wow solo photo, nice job!

Time for the meet! The line said 10 minutes but it was probably more like 20? But it was a really great meet.
Oh cool I didn't realize you could meet Darth at DLP! I'm bummed that he stopped meeting at WDW so we may need to make a pit stop and consider the dark side.

Sounds like a fun morning so far!

Great morning! I'm glad she worked up the courage to meet him because the pics are too cute.

Me too! It is one of my fav memories for this trip!

I've already warned DH that if he is not ready by the time I want to leave, I'm leaving without him. Probably can't do that with children, though :rotfl2:

Not going to lie, this comes out of my mouth A LOT, i say stay with Dad i am going to the park.. it hasn't happened yet, but time will tell! DD1 was being WAY fresh last week, and i told her her and Dad can stay home from our august trip, and he said no get a sitter i am not missing Disney! :rotfl2:

Wow solo photo, nice job!

I mean legit solo, whole vehicle to myself!

Oh cool I didn't realize you could meet Darth at DLP! I'm bummed that he stopped meeting at WDW so we may need to make a pit stop and consider the dark side.

Sounds like a fun morning so far!

Yeah he was fun! I recommend, i think you said your DH doesn't love meets (or am i confused?) but i think this is a good one if your going to do only 1.

I'm really happy to hear your daughter was willing to give Pirates a chance. Isn't DLP's version awesome? The queue and length of the attraction is so great.
I love that Merida met at dinner; her lines are always too long for us at WDW so she's one of the few we haven't met yet.

Bummer Phantom Manor kept stopping. I can see that spewl throwing off the feel of the attraction.

I'm really happy to hear your daughter was willing to give Pirates a chance. Isn't DLP's version awesome? The queue and length of the attraction is so great.
I love that Merida met at dinner; her lines are always too long for us at WDW so she's one of the few we haven't met yet.

Bummer Phantom Manor kept stopping. I can see that spewl throwing off the feel of the attraction.

I did love it! I love Pirates in general it was my moms favorite ride, so it holds a special place in my heart.

It was so annoying, and the same thing happened to DH the next day... so not sure what the issue was

I am trying REALLY head to wrap this up before we leave in less then 48 hours... but not looking good... but REALLY close!

Day 3 part 2- not really sure what we did.

Not going to lie not many pictures after this, I was enjoying the day, and if my phone is away that's ok, but it also means less photos! I’m going to go with what I remember.

After Darth Vador DH wanted to ride phantom Manor, we may have done something before we made it to Phantom Manor but I don't recall. While DH rode Phantom Manor we waited to met Phantom Manor Mickey, DH joined us right before the picture. DH had the same issue with the ride stopping a bunch of times. He said he thought it was guests who were standing up and what not. We then grabbed a quick lunch of nachos that were not very good, coffees and french fries.

DD1 wanted to do Pirates again, we got lost trying to find it, some cool stuff to check out while we walked around (a pirate ship, and some other play type areas). Then we rode Pirates again. I guess DD1 really did like it!

We walked back to Fantasyland and DD2 feel asleep so DH and DD1 did the labyrinth, pics via DH.

I had a snack! While DD2 slept. I have proof this happened!

Then DD1 wanted a snack, so we were heading to ice cream, but we made a pit stop and walked through the castle, it is amazing in this park. So many details and amazing things to see! We purchased some ornaments. We made it to the front of the park and had ice cream.

Then we headed back to the studios to try and see Mickey and the Magician again. Timing was off, so first DD and DH hit up the toys solder parachute drop. It had a bit of a wait so I browsed some stores and when DD2 woke up we played a bit while we waited.

She looks so little here! 😭
Then we went to Mickey and the Magician and got blocked out by 2 people. Oh well.... I won’t be visiting this trip so just means we will need to visit again soon. If this is still around, and if not it wasn't meant to be.
DD1 and I hit up the magic carpet ride, the viewing area for DH and DD2 was awesome they got a pretty good video (again no idea how to post the video).

I also needed a picture with my guy Mike! DD was having a moment and wouldn’t join me.

Then as we exited the studios to head back to Disneyland we, got face paint to cheer us all up. Whatever works guys whatever works.

Check out the names, isn't this Disney cant they just say Elsa or Ariel

Also i find it funny i have the least pictures of this day, but this post has a ton of pictures!
Up Next More Characters!​

That snack looks delicious!

I'm glad you grabbed a pic with Mike even if DD1 wouldn't. Keep that one to hold over her, "Remember that time I brought you to Disneyland in Paris and you pouted through a character greet?" :-)

Aw man, I wish you guys could have seen Mickey the Magician. It's second only to FotLK as being my favorite Disney stage show. My husband compared it to a cruise line show. So I would totally use that as a legitimate reason to go all the way back to DLP. :rotfl2:

Aw, your DD2 looks so sweet playing with her toys in the Studios Parc.

I like that you were still willing to grab a picture with Mike even if nobody else wanted to!

That snack looks delicious!

I'm glad you grabbed a pic with Mike even if DD1 wouldn't. Keep that one to hold over her, "Remember that time I brought you to Disneyland in Paris and you pouted through a character greet?" :-)

Snack was fabulous! Today was a good food day!

haha! she would probably burst into tears! :rotfl2:

Aw man, I wish you guys could have seen Mickey the Magician. It's second only to FotLK as being my favorite Disney stage show. My husband compared it to a cruise line show. So I would totally use that as a legitimate reason to go all the way back to DLP. :rotfl2:

Aw, your DD2 looks so sweet playing with her toys in the Studios Parc.

I like that you were still willing to grab a picture with Mike even if nobody else wanted to!

Wellllll 2020 is a bit of a slower travel year for us, and by slower i mean WDW at least once maybe twice (I do have this AP burning a hole in my pocket!), and New Orleans and Cali, so not really that slow... But 2021 has London and Copenhagen on the list, so if i can fit it in we would hop to DLP..... in my dreams we totally do this, in reality i haven't been able to come up with a good plan to fit it in yet... yes i am planning a 2021 vacation already!

She looks soooo little and this was only 3 months ago! so big so fast!

Last edited:
I totally get wanting to have your phone away for a bit!

I had a snack! While DD2 slept. I have proof this happened!
OMG you can get Mickey waffles drizzled with sauce as a snack??

Then we went to Mickey and the Magician and got blocked out by 2 people.
Booooo. Sorry you missed it.

DD was having a moment and wouldn’t join me.
We all have those moments.

Whatever works guys whatever works.
I'm glad DD is someone whose moments can be solved by a simple face painting :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!