DLP - Do you speak English? Parlez Vous Anglais? - Wrapped up 9/30

I totally get wanting to have your phone away for a bit!

Totally, I usually suck at it!

OMG you can get Mickey waffles drizzled with sauce as a snack??

Highly recommend, I got it at the stand back by the labyrinth, near the smoking area. I don’t smoke but I noted the smoking area cause I had to move to actually eat it!

Booooo. Sorry you missed it.

Me too, but such is life right?

We all have those moments.

I'm glad DD is someone whose moments can be solved by a simple face painting

Haha me too my wallet on the other hand feels differently!

Have a great upcoming trip!!

Phanton Manor Mickey is soo cute! Sounds like you guys were having a good day!
Thank you!

He is really cute! But I think they changed him out recently.... not sure why.

Was a good day, but let’s be real all days in Disney are good days!

We had about 2 and a half hours till dinner this snack was for sure going to mess with our dinner but whatever.

Story of my life lol

an into girls in (on line) line we met at the Eiffel Tower the other day, they know my next door neighbor this was pretty funny.

Wow- what a small world lol

So we don’t know if they just forgot to tell him, or if they even got in touch with the bank.

:confused3 :confused3

48550098286_cb96cc4d6d_z.jpg

Wow what'd you do to the other people on the ride?

Not going to lie not many pictures after this, I was enjoying the day, and if my phone is away that's ok, but it also means less photos! I’m going to go with what I remember.

I struggle with this a lot! I want to keep the phone away and enjoy the moment but then I also want pictures of everything lol

Love this!!

Oo is this a mickey waffle with nutella? Yum

I just joined in, as as I just booked my family's first trip to DLP for early next June. We will be in Paris first, and I LOVE your family photo! We'll be celebrating our daughter's college graduation and our son's high school graduation. I'd love to capture that with some professional photos. Do you mind sharing which company you used?

Thanks! Love your trip report!

I live on diet coke :rotfl: :rotfl:

Haha Fair!

Wow- what a small world lol

HAHA that it is!

Wow what'd you do to the other people on the ride?

if you don't shower you can ride alone... just kidding maybe...

I struggle with this a lot! I want to keep the phone away and enjoy the moment but then I also want pictures of everything lol

Right? SO hard i cant seem to find a happy middle ground!

Oo is this a mickey waffle with nutella? Yum

That it is!

I just joined in, as as I just booked my family's first trip to DLP for early next June. We will be in Paris first, and I LOVE your family photo! We'll be celebrating our daughter's college graduation and our son's high school graduation. I'd love to capture that with some professional photos. Do you mind sharing which company you used?

Thanks! Love your trip report!

Thanks for joining in! What an amazing way to celebrate! We used Flytographer, and we used Krystal, who we loved! It was a great experience! I highly recommend.

Hope the report is a helpful in your planning, should be wrapping up in the next few days!

I am still here... I am really behind on commenting on most reports, some i have read and just haven't had a chance to comment, but hoping to make the rounds in the next few days/weeks???

But lets try to wrap up our time in Paris!

Day 3 part 3 - Parades and Characters

When we last left off we were leaving the studios and had decided to catch the parade which is at 530, we got to the park around 510, and got a spot near the entrance as we had a 6pm dinner at inventions. DD and I went for a quick shopping break, we got her pajamas and a magnet. We really limited souvenirs this trip. Even in Paris, we have so much stuff and I would much rather buy 2 or 3 really nice memorable items then 100 toys we do not need, we collect ornaments so I needed that, but that’s really all I got. I also love mugs but I have way to many as it is.

Anyway then DH and DD2 went to grab coffee while we waited for the parade! They were really good about entertaining the kids, songs dancing, getting kids dancing in the street etc. To be honest I don’t even know if they do this at WDW or DL does anyone? I think this is the longest I have ever waited for a parade (at least since I was a kid).

The parade was really good, is it the same as festival of fantasy? I’m not sure, but it was similar for sure. They did mix up characters, Tigger with Aladdin etc etc. do they do this in WDW or DL? Have I just never noticed?

Sorry no Parade pics, but we really enjoyed it!

After the parade ended we booked it to Disneyland hotel which is all of 10 feet away. Legit it’s the entrance to the park. Next time screw the cost I’m staying here! We checked in and were seated right away. The character flow was a bit better here, DD2 on the other hand not so much, she was not having it.

First up was Gepeto who I called Gesepi and he was not happy about that! Then was Pinocchio and Mickey. DD2 was freaking by now so I took her out for a break.

They met Tigger and Minnie without us, I mean obviously looks at these photos.. I didn't take them

Then we came back and DD2 was fine as long as DH was holding her exactly like this.

We then met Eeyeor (My fav! worst pic ever) and Goofy.

I also snapped a pic of the plates, all kids meals we got were served on these plates, I used one for my first trip the the buffet. The food here was the best of our 3 sit down meals! Usually buffets aren't that great but honestly of our 3 TS we did this trip, this one was by far the best!

We chatted a bit with the people next to us, which was nice, I like meeting people when we travel! They were from England, and are hoping to go to WDW for another trip in 2021.

I also loved this desert so i had to get a picture of it!

We wrapped up dinner and debated what to do next!​

I also love mugs but I have way to many as it is.
Oh girl I FEEL you. I love mugs and I found like 5 at DLP I could easily have taken home but that darn suitcase space kept me from buying any of them!

Next time screw the cost I’m staying here!
Same. Same same same.

(My fav! worst pic ever)
No- it's cute and candid!

I also loved this desert so i had to get a picture of it!
Ah so cute!

I loved the random characters they had at dinner! Sounds like a good meal, even if DD2 wasn't super stoked about it the whole time.

Happy to hear Inventions was great! I love that they mix and match characters in the Paris parks. Kind of cool to meet Pinocchio and Mickey in one meal. And I have to admit, staying at the Disneyland Hotel was one of my favorite splurges we've ever done on a Disney trip. I recommend it to everyone! :laughing:

Oh girl I FEEL you. I love mugs and I found like 5 at DLP I could easily have taken home but that darn suitcase space kept me from buying any of them!

Right! Here is my current in use collection, minus the 2 i deemed to heavy, as they may make this thing come flying off the wall, and the ones that are dirty of course!

loved the random characters they had at dinner! Sounds like a good meal, even if DD2 wasn't super stoked about it the whole time.

I agree! It changes it up and i really do enjoy that, i liked that in DLP we meet a bunch of characters we cant meet easily in WDW or at all! It made it feel a bit special! She is learning to get over it... little by little.

Yum- that food did look good! I'm with you- I just have to stay here next time!

DO IT! I feel like everyone says its more convenient but till you really see it you don't get how much more convenient

Fun group of characters at the buffet! And I love those mickey plates!!

I feel like i want the Mickey plates for my house!

Happy to hear Inventions was great! I love that they mix and match characters in the Paris parks. Kind of cool to meet Pinocchio and Mickey in one meal. And I have to admit, staying at the Disneyland Hotel was one of my favorite splurges we've ever done on a Disney trip. I recommend it to everyone! :laughing:

It is totally cool to meet them in once place!! I also love that some of the characters are bit more rare to meet and not as easily found at WDW. I cant wait to go back and staying at the Disneyland Hotel is definitely one of the reasons!

Poor DD2, what a great meal though!

It was a good meal, and so happy we did it! Poor kid, between this trip and WDW in august she may never like life sized mice!

Inventions looks like a fun character meal- so many of them! Sorry DD2 wasn't having it though.

It was such a fun meal! So many different characters some that we hadn't met before which is always nice! She has to learn we like mice that are bigger then us, and boys whos noses grow... man up kid! Kidding... kinda!

Dinner sounds great. Too bad your littlest wasn't having it.

They met Tigger and Minnie without us, I mean obviously looks at these photos.. I didn't take them

So much this!! I get so frustrated when I look at pictures someone else took and think, "Come on, didn't you notice xxxx?" It's my least favorite part about hopping into the pictures myself- I never trust the results.

Dinner sounds great. Too bad your littlest wasn't having it.

She was born into the crazies she better shape up!

So much this!! I get so frustrated when I look at pictures someone else took and think, "Come on, didn't you notice xxxx?" It's my least favorite part about hopping into the pictures myself- I never trust the results.

UGH RIGHT! EVERY single time! However i am the go to at the kid parties to film the cake portion, to the point where they are like can you take less pictures... they weren't excepting a 5 minute video and 200 still shots... opps

Day 3 part 4 - one (or two) final rides

We had decided to head back to Disneyland for a final ride on Small World, DD1 has since told us the Paris one is her favorite one, even if we had to ride the WDW one at least 4 times last trip.
CPH2.jpg
Had a photo shoot by the castle on our way back into the park.

We then went back towards small world. I was wearing DD2 and she was sleeping (facing in) no issues. Then DH wanted to go on Hyperspace Mountain as he hadn't gone on yet. So we decided to split up, i would ride small word with the girls again and he would go to Hyperspace Mountain. Well we load and they tell me I need to turn DD around not even 10 minutes later. This drove me crazy! It’s one thing from ride to ride but I just rode this ride 5 minutes ago, ugh whatever I turn her around she wakes up. Whatever, we will deal but i was rather annoyed. We have come full circle on inconsistencies bothering me! UGH

Took a quick walk through the castle again., met up with DH. We also found some people to give our left over FP too. We had 3 this day that we hadn’t used and 3 for tomorrow since we wouldn’t be hitting up a park. We then headed back via Disney village another photo shoot in the lobby!
LPS.jpgLPS2.jpgLPS3.jpg

Day 4 - we leave

I don’t have much to say but we got up breakfast again, DD hung out in the kids corner a bit and really enjoyed that.
BF.jpg
She colored and chatted up the woman running the area. It was really nice to have this here. Lots of kids were take advantage of it. I highly recommend this be added to places like food courts in WDW hotels.. I know someone high up at Disney is reading this!

Mickey was meeting in he lobby but we didn’t stop since we had met him 3 times already and we had a flight to catch.

We ended up waiting to long for our car, they called they were running late, it was a bit annoying cause we could have played more or met Mickey again, but it was fine!
W.jpg
We used the time to have a Photo Shoot, and almost get hit by cars! it all worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!