DLP - Do you speak English? Parlez Vous Anglais? - Wrapped up 9/30

Final thoughts

I really enjoyed DLP I try not to compare parks, as WDW is my home park but honestly I just love the parks in general. I am dying to go to the Asia parks, especially after this trip, but DH said the girls are to young for that flight.. maybe a in a few years!

I loved the stroller rules, I hated them because they obviously did not benefit me, but I loved that no where did they allow strollers in lines which really at the end of the day makes the lines much easier to navigate. They bend this rule all the time in WDW for character meets mostly, and it drives me nuts!

I loved the character meets in the lobby. Honestly this little touch may make you later to a park but it’s really a nice touch. I loved it.

I also loved the kids area at breakfast (they may have this at club level at WDW and I just don’t know?). But it was a nice touch as well.

I also loved the kids area in the lobby. I thought it was a good touch and really nice. Are we sensing a theme here? They have some small little touches that for me make things just extra and really adds to the magic!

I hated the food, ok that’s an exaggeration, but the food was sub par, I knew this going in but when my best two meals are a chicken sandwich at a quick service and the buffet we are doing something wrong. Either we picked the wrong spots, or the food just isn't great, or both?

I am sad I missed crush’s coaster we checked the wait times a bunch but they were long and with the short park hours (studios closed much earlier the Disneyland park). I couldn't hop over after the kids were asleep, and I just couldn’t justify the wait this trip. I am also said we missed Mickey and the magician. Both are fine they are just shows and rides, and hopefully we will go again soon enough!

That’s all I’ve got! Hope your enjoyed! Thanks for following along, see you real soon!​

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome trip!! I'm super torn on a trip back to DLP or Tokyo right now but I think Tokyo might win just because we've technically been to DLP! But it is so magical!!

Loved reading about this trip!

What's the logic behind them making you turn the baby around on the ride? I don't understand lol.

I definitely want to go to DLP but the Asia parks are definitely higher up on my list to go to!

Sounds like an awesome trip!! I'm super torn on a trip back to DLP or Tokyo right now but I think Tokyo might win just because we've technically been to DLP! But it is so magical!!

It was a great trip!

Do I get a vote? I vote Tokyo! I’m dying to go to Disneysea! Plus I feel like the studios need (and seem to be getting) some love in DLP. However if the trip is not just about Disney I would pick based on where you wanted to visit. We ended up at DLP based on wanting to go to Paris.

Loved reading about this trip!

What's the logic behind them making you turn the baby around on the ride? I don't understand lol.

I definitely want to go to DLP but the Asia parks are definitely higher up on my list to go to!

Ugh I think it’s a safety thing? But I’m not positive in WDW I was asked on a few rides to turn her around/make sure she faced out... luckily I am now passed this page but ugh it’s annoying.

I agree I think the Asia parks all look so awesome!!

Do I get a vote? I vote Tokyo! I’m dying to go to Disneysea! Plus I feel like the studios need (and seem to be getting) some love in DLP. However if the trip is not just about Disney I would pick based on where you wanted to visit. We ended up at DLP based on wanting to go to Paris.

I'm definitely leaning towards Tokyo too! Right now its just a pipe dream though haha I feel like we would end up back at DLP just because of how much DH liked London but he's usually up for new experiences!

Thank you for your report! It was fun to read before my own trip, and then compare what we did once we were back! (And hear how parents did it- we didn't have our kids with us!)

I fell embarrassingly behind but caught up for the end. Thanks so much for sharing the Parisian life with us. I know nothing about Disneyland Paris so it was great to see the good, bad, and the French :earboy2:

I'm definitely leaning towards Tokyo too! Right now its just a pipe dream though haha I feel like we would end up back at DLP just because of how much DH liked London but he's usually up for new experiences!

Yeah DLP is easy from London.... But Tokyo... so fun!! Keep me posted!

Thank you for your report! It was fun to read before my own trip, and then compare what we did once we were back! (And hear how parents did it- we didn't have our kids with us!)

Do you have a trip report! If so let me know and i will hop on over... Hope your trip was fabulous!

I fell embarrassingly behind but caught up for the end. Thanks so much for sharing the Parisian life with us. I know nothing about Disneyland Paris so it was great to see the good, bad, and the French :earboy2:

Story of my life... and as soon as a catch up i'm behind again! Thanks for following along!

Not yet! I hope to someday write one. We went in August, and I went back to work as a teacher at the end of that month. I would love to share our trip, though!

I have done DLHK and DLS. They are awesome parks. 2 suggestions for you, DO NOT go during Lunar New Year, it is crazy….

fly overnight, so you are landing in China in The morning, and try to sleep on the plane. It will help with jet lag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!