DLP hotels bed size

DisMommyTX

DIS Veteran
We are WDW experts planning our first trip to Disneyland Paris next summer, and I have SO many questions! We would prefer to stay at one of the onsite hotels, but all list bedding as "two double beds". Our family of four can barely manage sharing 2 queens, so I am hoping that they are not referring to US-sized double beds. I saw the Hotel Cheyenne list 'larger doubles', but nothing similar in the more expensive hotels. At WDW, the Value resorts have Double beds while the Mod and Deluxe have 2 Queens. Does DLP follow a similar trend? Does anyone know if the beds at Sequoia or Newport Bay are larger or smaller than the others and/or how those might compare to US sizes? We are thinking about either a club room or one of the family rooms. The cost for the Disneyland Hotel seems disproportionate, but we are happy to pay extra for more comfortable sleeping arrangements and a less stressful trip overall.

The majority of the rooms in all the onsite hotels have 2 double beds. Some rooms have a Kingsize bed but these are only for 2 people.
The rooms in the Cheyenne have 1 double bed (perhaps it is larger than a double) a single bed and anther bed which pulls out but then sets up to be another full size single but is right next to the first single if that makes sense.

The beds dont increase in size with the higher priced hotels or the club level rooms.

You mentioned booking a family room - there are very few of these and they tend to have 2 double beds and a day sofa which turns into a bed

To be very honest, only if you are both a size 2 I think you would be comfortable with two people in a French double. Or if you don't move in your sleep. It's not impossible, but I wonder how comfortable you'll be.
If you have 4 (young) adults, I would rather look for 2 rooms in a cheap(er) hotel than 1 room in a deluxe hotel. I always feel cramped when in the morning getting changed, sharing the bathroom etc. when I'm on an adults only trip and we decide to share a room with more than 2.

The Cheyenne was the smallest, hardly bigger than a standard UK double and we ended up using one of the trundle beds as you turned over and took all the blankets with you. The sequioa are larger than doubles in the 2 bed rooms, I'd say queen but not king, the one bed are super king, 3 pillows plus wide, lovely. The Newport is similar to the Sequoia.
Personally 2 adults would comfortably share in plus upwards hotels but not the two value hotels, the beds are so small!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter