DLP Mini-TR or rather a list a bunch of comments and some pictures! Sept 2018

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Mini Trip Report - September 2-3-4
Two days "solo", one day with DH. No kids.
First timer at DLP, experienced Disney Addict at WDW Orlando.

41339002_10156906641900166_4693850211678683136_n.jpg 41365533_10156906641410166_5035806140462530560_n.jpg depositphotos_13523858-stock-photo-main-street-police-car.jpg IMG_20180904_103814.jpg n012757_2019may15_le-pays-des-contes-de-fees_16-9.jpg n017798_2050jan01_big-thunder-mountain_16-9.jpg n017917_2050jan01_libety-arcade_16-9.jpg n018002_2050jan01_sleeping-beauty-castle_16-9.jpg
What I did, saw, ate: in no particular order:

Disneyland Park at DLP

Big Thunder Mountain
Adventure Isle
Pirates of the Caribbean
Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Gallery
The Dragon's Lair
Peter Pan's Flight
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Storybook Land Boats
Casey Jr. Circus Train
It's a Small World
Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs Boat
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Meet Mickey Mouse
Main St. USA
Liberty Arcade
Discovery Arcade
Disney Stars on Parade
Disney Illuminations
Mickey Presents: Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris
Main St. Vehicles: Paddy Wagon
Plaza Gardens Lunch Buffet
Hyperion 1/2 Board Breakfast
Mickey Mouse Meringue: with and without chocolate
Disneyland Paris Popcorn Bucket

Walt Disney Studios at DLP

Mickey and the Magician (yay!)
Ratatouille (SR 5 minute wait!)
Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin
Art of Animation
Restaurant of the Stars Lunch Buffet
Pluto Meet n' Greet
Mary Poppins Penguins Meet n' Greet
Goofy Meet n' Greet
Vegan Kitchen - food cart

Disney Village

Starbucks
Earl of Sandwich
Disney Store
World of Disney

Observations and Comments:
*Early Magic Hours: Didn't go so well for me. Missed first due to wrong card (took DH's "room only" card and had to go back to get the "blue card") – entered only at 9:15– lined up for entry to Adventureland and rode the first train out of BTM! Also didn't get to second morning due to checking out, etc. Again 9:15 entry – wandered a bit, visited the dragon, then got FP for BTM.
*Meals: Hyperion Café breakfast pick up (free 1/2 board) was a disaster, 45 minute wait, bad coffee and microwaved roll (rock hard) and croissant (ok). Skipped second morning. Wonder if there is any other place in DLP to pick up breakfast?
Plaza Garden Buffet 12 noon – quite nice, good salad bar, ask dessert CM for ice cream bar from the freezer.
Restaurant of the Stars Buffet – 1:30pm - poor salad bar, otherwise fine. Soft serve ice cream a big hit.
Wished drinks were also free refills – maybe they were and I didn't know to ask for more?
*Bought souvenir popcorn bucket – didn't know the popcorn is sweet. Gave bucket to my nieces who are going this week.
*Fudge – no chocolate mint on the 2 days I asked. Samples available on one day, not on the next day.
*7.99 euro Mickey backpacks good (2.99 from Decathlon in Paris was better!)
*Drinking fountains to fill water bottle – excellent. Cold. Clean.
*Bathrooms well located, only once had a line, clean.
*Ride non-FP rides early! Wait times got longer very fast. Went on Peter Pan at about 10am with 15 minute wait, came out and saw it was already a 30 minute wait.
*Did not wait on any line >20 minutes. Except check-in at the Cheyenne and breakfast pick up at Hyperion
1f609.png
;)
*Skipped some rides that I can ride at WDW esp. when wait time was long (Dumbo, teacups …)
*Missed Nautilus, missed Pinocchio. Otherwise did all I had hoped to do!
*Skipped some of the extreme rides due to fear of headache – spinning/loops/super fast rides don't agree with me.
*BTMRR was AWESOME! Rode it 3 times!
*No lines at park entry turnstiles – entered 1pm, and twice at 8:45ץ Minimal lines at bag check – from hotels.
*Walk from Cheyenne: 10 minutes to DV, then 10 minutes into park. Easy, pretty, along a canal.
Cheyenne – small rooms, clean, close to parks, easy walk. Stayed in building near walkway to parks. Very long line at check-in 11:30am - close to an hour. Was excited to see the orchards and gardens – but they were full of weeds! Yay for Starbucks. Cute ponies. One day returned from park using shuttle to Santa Fe and walked over bridge.
*No wifi on my phone (my phone's fault) – no Lineberty. Found out you can go to the CM at the Meet n' Greet site when the appointments open and they have iPads to help you book.
*Amazing afternoon parade - and Super-Amazing "Illuminations" night time show on the castle!
*The prettiest castle I've seen. Kept taking pictures of it!

That's my trip in a nutshell – please feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
I was also going to say that we just don't do free refills in Europe, so you're not mistaken there!

You mention vegan kitchen.....as a vegan who is a regular visitor to DLP I really want to know what this is??!!

I was also going to say that we just don't do free refills in Europe, so you're not mistaken there!

You mention vegan kitchen.....as a vegan who is a regular visitor to DLP I really want to know what this is??!!
It was a great find - but seem that it is only until the end of the month: "From 27th July to 30th September 2018, Walt Disney Studios® Park will host Le Rendez-vous Gourmand de Disneyland® Paris: 2018". It was a bunch of food carts, with sampler size portions, like Food and Wine Festival in Epcot. One was called "Vegan Kitchen"!

It was a great find - but seem that it is only until the end of the month: "From 27th July to 30th September 2018, Walt Disney Studios® Park will host Le Rendez-vous Gourmand de Disneyland® Paris: 2018". It was a bunch of food carts, with sampler size portions, like Food and Wine Festival in Epcot. One was called "Vegan Kitchen"!

Wow, this is exciting indeed! It's shame it is part of the festival so will be over before my visit in November. But I might email DLP (again...) about vegan options. They're a lot better than they were a couple of years ago but if they keep hearing demand they'll keep improving :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!