DLP Paris Weather????

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
Hi all! Just popping over from the US CB with a quick question. Does anyone know what the weather is like at Disneyland Paris in April? Also, if you are familiar with the weather when is a good time to go, other than April, where the weather isn't too hot.

Thanks!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Well one thing for sure is that we can't be sure!

Sorry about that - but the weather is a very mixed bag in April! Certainly the worst of the cold weather should be over by then and you will hopefully enjoy some lovely Spring weather but you may also get showers as well.

I'm going to move your thread onto the brand new Disneyland Paris forum :) !!

Thank you, Shirley, I didn't realize there was a forum devoted strictly to DLP.

Hi Tiggerlover :wave: ,

Like Shirley said the weather is extremely changeable at that time of year. When we last visited in April we were staying for 4 days and 2 out of the 4 it was lovely and sunny although a little cloudy, with just a light breeze. But, the other half it was horrible rain and cold!

However, IMO DLP has great provision for rain and there seem to be lots of under cover areas to keep dry in.

To be honest, I don't think you will find a time at DLP when the weather is 'too hot'. If you are planning to go easter time, then there will probably be quite heavy crowds - later April would probably be better.

Richard. :)

The one thing you can say about Paris in the springtime (cue the song!), is that it is better than the UK - warmer and dryer. And, if you do get a genuinely sunny day (which is about a 50-50 shot, as Richard suggests), it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Here is a link to the average annual climate for Paris:

Click here!

Like weather throughout western Europe, Paris in April can be extremely variable. When visiting DLP at Easter time I've had snow on one occasion, but on another it was shorts and T-shirts during the day. This makes deciding what clothes to pack quite tricky! As Richard said, DLP has lots of areas around the park which can shelter you from the rain, including a covered walkway more or less from the front of the park to the back. If you do find yourself in the parks during the rain the one consolation is that crowds will be smaller.

If you are still deciding what time of year to visit DLP I would recommend you think about the summertime, between approx 10 July and 1 September. This is when DLP has its extended summer opening hours. Although crowds are higher at this time of year, the long opening hours does give you plenty of time to avoid the worst of the attraction queues. Disneyland after dark, with fireworks and a new parade (Fantillusion) every night, is a wonderful experience.

Regards

Rob

The other funny thing is that Paris has about 1" of rain per year more than London!

Thanks to you all, you have been most helpful. We are thinking about early April or the very end of May right now, but it is open for change.

hello Tigger lover

We've been twice at the end of May / Beg of June & had lovely weather both times.

But as other posts have already said it isn't a definate. But DLP is a lovely park & well worth a visit.

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter