DLP race September 2020

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
If looking to get a bib only, these should go on sale in the spring? Is it a matter of signing up for their emails and then signing up for the race on the day as recommended, like we do in the US? I am thinking of using my DVC points for hotel stay, I don't need a ticket, just the race bib.TIA

I have the same questions as I saw the Castle to Chateau sign during the marathon last Sunday.

Bibs go very fast the day they go on sale too. Plan to be on line and ready to go.

In 2018 I found the Facebook page for runDisney Paris to be more informative than any emails prior to bibs going on sale.

Bibs go very fast the day they go on sale too. Plan to be on line and ready to go.

In 2018 I found the Facebook page for runDisney Paris to be more informative than any emails prior to bibs going on sale.
Found the page on FB, thank you!

Id buy a package, but like I said, I don't need a ticket. I am going to the Star Wars Convention in Anaheim less than a month before this, so I am trying to watch my costs between the 2 events. Sounds like the same drill as signing up for the US runs. Getting up early to do so isn't a problem since I have to get up at 4 am 2 days a week, lol!

Thanks!

So....if you book the package deals with the accommodations...your entry/registration is already guaranteed?

So....if you book the package deals with the accommodations...your entry/registration is already guaranteed?

They have different pools of bibs for people buying just a bib and people booking packages (bib with hotel/ticket). The individual bibs seem to go pretty fast, but I’ve found that the packages are usually around much longer. In 2018 I got a hotel/ticket/bib package (for all of the races/challenges) less than 2 months before the race.

A couple questions (C2C challenge related) for the folks who’ve done the DLP and WDW in the same calendar year...

1.Do you get the challenge medal after the race?
2. What proof do you need to get the challenge medal?

A couple questions (C2C challenge related) for the folks who’ve done the DLP and WDW in the same calendar year...

1) Yes. You will walk from the finish line to wherever they are passing out challenge medals. In 2018 it was the expo tent.

2) For C2C you will upload a copy of your WDW finisher certificate when you complete the registration process. In 2018 the registration process actually occurred in July, even though bib sales were in April. You will also need to check in at the C2C booth at the expo. I think we were given wristbands.

1) Yes. You will walk from the finish line to wherever they are passing out challenge medals. In 2018 it was the expo tent.

2) For C2C you will upload a copy of your WDW finisher certificate when you complete the registration process. In 2018 the registration process actually occurred in July, even though bib sales were in April. You will also need to check in at the C2C booth at the expo. I think we were given wristbands.
Thanks!

It's actually a pretty simple process and they have cute photo opportunities set up for C2C finishers. I did it last year and I'm doing it again this year.

You will love it - the Disneyland Paris Half is so much nicer to run than any race in Florida; you are in the parks nearly the whole time and when you do leave the parks... you are in the beautiful French countryside - ZERO highway running!!!

It's a dream.

It's actually a pretty simple process and they have cute photo opportunities set up for C2C finishers. I did it last year and I'm doing it again this year.

You will love it - the Disneyland Paris Half is so much nicer to run than any race in Florida; you are in the parks nearly the whole time and when you do leave the parks... you are in the beautiful French countryside - ZERO highway running!!!

It's a dream.
Awesome! I'm getting close to pulling the trigger :P

Did you stay on a Disney site?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I did. Booked the bib-hotel ticket package. Being able to walk to the parks, and the starting line, was wonderful. Yes, it is a bit of a walk from the finish line back to some of the on site hotels but I treated that walk as my cool down.

I did. Booked the bib-hotel ticket package. Being able to walk to the parks, and the starting line, was wonderful. Yes, it is a bit of a walk from the finish line back to some of the on site hotels but I treated that walk as my cool down.
Where does the race start and finish?

The races typically start at the expo tent, which is that long white rectangular building on the map that is between Newport Bay and Disney Village. They end inside Walt Disney Studios Park near the Production Courtyard.

Thanks!

Yep I stayed on site and booked the package; all the hotels are super close. Everything is walk-able - it's nothing like Florida.

If it's not within your budget to stay onsite; there are hotels that are really affordable and it is only one train stop from Disney. The train is around 2 euros per ride and it only takes 3 minutes to take the train one stop; then it's a 5 minute walk from there.

Also - if you are going to spend more than 3 days in the park and you are not getting your tickets as part of a hotel bundle; it's absolutely worth it to get an annual pass. Tickets can be over 100 euros a day for both parks and annual passes start at 170-300 euros.

Yep I stayed on site and booked the package; all the hotels are super close. Everything is walk-able - it's nothing like Florida.

If it's not within your budget to stay onsite; there are hotels that are really affordable and it is only one train stop from Disney. The train is around 2 euros per ride and it only takes 3 minutes to take the train one stop; then it's a 5 minute walk from there.

Also - if you are going to spend more than 3 days in the park and you are not getting your tickets as part of a hotel bundle; it's absolutely worth it to get an annual pass. Tickets can be over 100 euros a day for both parks and annual passes start at 170-300 euros.
Thanks for the info! We'll most likely go onsite ... but still debating on the which hotel to book. Any opinions on Hotel Santa Fe?

Thanks for the info! We'll most likely go onsite ... but still debating on the which hotel to book. Any opinions on Hotel Santa Fe?

It's very basic but it's cute. It is also the 'furthest' away but realistically it only adds like an extra 5-10 minutes of walking by the time you get out of your hotel and make it to the walking path.

For the price difference I would probably upgrade and go with Hotel Cheyenne (where there is an onsite Starbucks) and the buildings are super cute or the Sequoia Lodge where there is a hot tub and swimming pool.

I've stayed at the actual Disneyland Hotel and it was breathtaking but not feasible for everyone; especially if you are losing money on the euro conversion.

It's very basic but it's cute. It is also the 'furthest' away but realistically it only adds like an extra 5-10 minutes of walking by the time you get out of your hotel and make it to the walking path.

For the price difference I would probably upgrade and go with Hotel Cheyenne (where there is an onsite Starbucks) and the buildings are super cute or the Sequoia Lodge where there is a hot tub and swimming pool.

I've stayed at the actual Disneyland Hotel and it was breathtaking but not feasible for everyone; especially if you are losing money on the euro conversion.

Appreciate all the info. I think the Sequoia is good choice too. Also want to experience the Disney Hotel, but may not be feasible with our budget. :crazy2:

Appreciate all the info. I think the Sequoia is good choice too. Also want to experience the Disney Hotel, but may not be feasible with our budget. :crazy2:
I have never been able to justify the price of the Disneyland Hotel, but also Hotel New York (refurbished into the Marvel hotel) and New Port Bay are out of my league. The last one is only affordable when I use my AP discount and get a good deal. 9 times out of 10 we stay at Santa Fe as we only need a place to sleep. The rest of the time we are in the park.
However, for the half marathon weekend we do appreciate the pool in Sequoia Lodge and New Port Bay, we spend more money on our hotel during these weekends as we know we will spend more time in the room.

In 2018 and 2019:
The start, the Expo is next to Disney Village so located between most onsite hotels and the park.
The finish was at the Studios, there you get your first medal and you can have your picture taken. If you did any of the challenges you have to go back to the Expo to collect the other medals. You have more photo opportunities and also the massage tables are here. It is annoying to walk back to the Expo to collect the other medal, as it feels much longer than it is ;-) but as you have to head in that direction anyway I don't find it too bad.

There is a little bit of a motorway, usually between 8/9K and 11K, to get from DLP to the village. But it's not nearly as 'bad' as in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter