DLP race September 2020

I have never been able to justify the price of the Disneyland Hotel, but also Hotel New York (refurbished into the Marvel hotel) and New Port Bay are out of my league. The last one is only affordable when I use my AP discount and get a good deal. 9 times out of 10 we stay at Santa Fe as we only need a place to sleep. The rest of the time we are in the park.
However, for the half marathon weekend we do appreciate the pool in Sequoia Lodge and New Port Bay, we spend more money on our hotel during these weekends as we know we will spend more time in the room.

In 2018 and 2019:
The start, the Expo is next to Disney Village so located between most onsite hotels and the park.
The finish was at the Studios, there you get your first medal and you can have your picture taken. If you did any of the challenges you have to go back to the Expo to collect the other medals. You have more photo opportunities and also the massage tables are here. It is annoying to walk back to the Expo to collect the other medal, as it feels much longer than it is ;-) but as you have to head in that direction anyway I don't find it too bad.

There is a little bit of a motorway, usually between 8/9K and 11K, to get from DLP to the village. But it's not nearly as 'bad' as in WDW.

Thanks for the insight!
We have the same thought on the Santa Fe...meaning that we'll only really need a place to sleep; since we are most likely out wandering around during the day.

Are you doing DLP run again this year?

Thanks for the insight!
We have the same thought on the Santa Fe...meaning that we'll only really need a place to sleep; since we are most likely out wandering around during the day.

Are you doing DLP run again this year?
Yes, all of them. So 5 & 8K in May and 5K, 10K and half in September. In May we are in Sequoia Lodge because the cheaper rooms in Santa Fe were already sold out and Sequoia had a better offer for the AP rates. In September we are in Santa Fe.

Yes, all of them. So 5 & 8K in May and 5K, 10K and half in September. In May we are in Sequoia Lodge because the cheaper rooms in Santa Fe were already sold out and Sequoia had a better offer for the AP rates. In September we are in Santa Fe.
I'll be at Sequoia Lodge in September too. The rates were barely higher than Santa Fe and I like the theming and having the pool. It will be my first time there, so I"m very excited!

Man....you guys/gals are on it! :-)

I'm getting really close ... 🤞

2) For C2C you will upload a copy of your WDW finisher certificate when you complete the registration process. In 2018 the registration process actually occurred in July, even though bib sales were in April. You will also need to check in at the C2C booth at the expo. I think we were given wristbands.

I can only seem to download my stats - my name, age, bib #, and places/stats from the 1/2 earlier this month. Where do you download a finisher certificate?

Thanks. I did find it finally.
Points charts are up for DLP at DVC and it will cost me more points that I thought, looking at the chart from 2019. :crazy2: I have enough, as I banked points in anticipation of this, since I am spending $$$ to go to the Star Wars Celebration in late August. I did email runDisney France to see if the bib can be added, but if not, I will have to cross my fingers and order it the regular way like I do all the others. Looking to stay at the Sequoia as well

Thanks. I did find it finally.
Points charts are up for DLP at DVC and it will cost me more points that I thought, looking at the chart from 2019. :crazy2: I have enough, as I banked points in anticipation of this, since I am spending $$$ to go to the Star Wars Celebration in late August. I did email runDisney France to see if the bib can be added, but if not, I will have to cross my fingers and order it the regular way like I do all the others. Looking to stay at the Sequoia as well
Thanks for the info with the 2020 points chart. I’ve been waiting as well. But sadly, Im short of points. Need to strategize if borrowing points would be better for us, or just straight up book the value hotel for the difference 🤔

I had planned to use DVC points when I ran the inaugural weekend in 2016. But, once I realized how terrible the exchange rate was, I scrapped that idea and booked a package instead. I actually sold the DVC points I had saved and used those funds to help pay for my trip!

I've downloaded the medical certificate template... do I just get my doctor to sign it and then it's good to go?

I've downloaded the medical certificate template... do I just get my doctor to sign it and then it's good to go?/QUOTE]

Your doctor will need to sign the form and then you will upload a copy of it during the race registration process which occurs a few weeks after bibs go on sale.

Just in case anyone is still on the fence with booking a package; the last day for the early offer (35% off) is April 22nd.

Has anyone heard what the themes will be for this year's event?

Nope .... but I just really hope that this event will still happen. Its still a ways 'til September, I know that there's a lot more to it than just the actual event. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Nope .... but I just really hope that this event will still happen. Its still a ways 'til September, I know that there's a lot more to it than just the actual event. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Nope, they have not even started the BIBs Only Sale. Does not look very promising right now, that we get and Information soon.

I'm getting more and more certain that the September run will not go on. More and more summer events get cancelled, mainly due to short preparation time. Yes, September is still far away, but now that Oktoberfest in Germany got cancelled (19 SEP - 4 OCT), I think the chances of the run event to continue are getting slimmer by the day.

The good thing is that Disneyland Paris can re-use many things from other years for a run event. What has to come from outside are the sponsored snacks/drinks, the shirts and the medals. Do the sponsors want to and can they sponsor this year? Can all the medals and shirts be delivered on time? Companies have to reduce costs to survive this crisis, so you want as less waste as possible, and for that you need to know how many runners are there for each race / challenge and which shirt sizes. They can make an estimation based on previous years how much they need, but they will probably waste money if they order too much or too many. The medals & shirts cannot be used for another event.

Will there be as many runners?
I think that if the run does take place, RunDisney will start a cancellation policy something they normally don't have. There will be plenty of people who are not comfortable to travel long distances yet, whether for personal reasons or because they are more vulnerable to the virus and have to wait for a vaccine or a proven treatment.

I'm getting more and more certain that the September run will not go on. More and more summer events get cancelled, mainly due to short preparation time. Yes, September is still far away, but now that Oktoberfest in Germany got cancelled (19 SEP - 4 OCT), I think the chances of the run event to continue are getting slimmer by the day.

The good thing is that Disneyland Paris can re-use many things from other years for a run event. What has to come from outside are the sponsored snacks/drinks, the shirts and the medals. Do the sponsors want to and can they sponsor this year? Can all the medals and shirts be delivered on time? Companies have to reduce costs to survive this crisis, so you want as less waste as possible, and for that you need to know how many runners are there for each race / challenge and which shirt sizes. They can make an estimation based on previous years how much they need, but they will probably waste money if they order too much or too many. The medals & shirts cannot be used for another event.

Will there be as many runners?
I think that if the run does take place, RunDisney will start a cancellation policy something they normally don't have. There will be plenty of people who are not comfortable to travel long distances yet, whether for personal reasons or because they are more vulnerable to the virus and have to wait for a vaccine or a proven treatment.

Hey - I live in Germany and they haven't (fully) cancelled Oktoberfest and/or the Berlin Marathon. Just in Bavaria but the rest of Germany will still have it.

I keep going back and forth about this as well... the DLP site extended their 35% off offer until the end of July; maybe they feel like all of us are waiting to see what will happen with global events.

I think if anything will happen... it will be this run. It (to me) feels more likely than the Wine & Dine in WDW in November.

Hey - I live in Germany and they haven't (fully) cancelled Oktoberfest and/or the Berlin Marathon. Just in Bavaria but the rest of Germany will still have it.
Oh sorry! Some Dutch media reported it as fully cancelled, some specify that it's Munich / Bavaria only. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter