DLP race September 2020

Oh sorry! Some Dutch media reported it as fully cancelled, some specify that it's Munich / Bavaria only. :)

If Berlin cancels the Berlin Marathon then we know for sure! It's actually the same weekend this year so I wasn't able to do both.

I will let you know if I hear anything.... I know Boston cancelled theirs though...

If Berlin cancels the Berlin Marathon then we know for sure! It's actually the same weekend this year so I wasn't able to do both.

I will let you know if I hear anything.... I know Boston cancelled theirs though...

Not cancelled, we just moved ours to September.

They just cancelled Berlin Marathon!

Berlin does not allow Events with more then 5.000 participants until October 24th. Berlin Marathon hosts more then 47.000 Runners!

They just cancelled Berlin Marathon!

Berlin does not allow Events with more then 5.000 participants until October 24th. Berlin Marathon hosts more then 47.000 Runners!

There is definitely mixed information out there but as someone who lives in Berlin and actually works for the Berlin Marathon I can confirm for certainty that the Berlin Marathon is not cancelled as of this moment in time.

That's amazing!!! German papers reported that it was cancelled so I was so sad for you guys....
yeah it was weird not having it yesterday. Some of my friends who had registered through charities still ran to honor them, which i thought was nice. Hopefully it can still happen in September.

From the Berlin Marathon website:

We have learned from the press conference of the Berlin Senate on April 21, 2020, that according to the Containment Ordinance, all events with more than 5,000 persons will be prohibited until October 24, 2020. This applies to many of our events, but especially to the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, which cannot take place on September 26 and 27, 2020, as planned.
We will now deal with the consequences of the official prohibition of our events, coordinate the further steps and inform you as soon as we can.

I think on a facebook group I am in, someone posted the bib only sale (which should have been earlier this month will be early June. But of course, that may be delayed. I did end up booking the Sequoia Lodge with my DVC points, which was a little from last use year, all of this use year and about 2/3rd of next UY (I have a 100 point contract). I am concerned that I am going to lose those 192 points if they end up cancelling this race, since I was unable to add it to my room reservation. I got an email from DVC a couple of days ago about their cancellation policy for April and May, but that doesn't help me for September....

Could be, but even with hotel/bib runners only, that's still a lot of runners.
You'd be looking at very spacious starting corrals, and the course inside the parks does not allow for social distancing. Only part that would be more or less okay is the ring road outside the park for the half marathon.
Furthermore, rules posted in e.g. Le Parisien, for running in France, starting probably from 11 May, state a social distancing distance between runners (and cyclists) of 10 metres.
Just to give you an idea: Popular Mechanics calculated for the LA marathon that if all 19000 participants maintain a social distance of 1,8 metres/ six feet, and you line them up on a 4-lane road, you'd need a starting corral of 6 km long.
My guess is that the race weekend will certainly not be the first priority for DLP. Just getting the parks to open again is already a big challenge. Having said that, I hope that we will be able to move forward our hotel (Marvel) and bib (36K) packages to 2021.

Anyone here who thinks that if the half marathon weekend will take place, they will limit the runners, maybe hotel/bib packages only?
That was also my thought on a FB Group! But I doubt it. But, just to make sure, are the still Hotelrooms and BIBs left? I do not want to lose my perfect HM Status ;)

I have the room, not the bib, since neither DVC nor runDisney France would allow me to add it to my reservation. But if I call DVC and they tell me they will return my points (basically cancel the reservaiton) do I go forward with that and roll my points into my new UY (starts 10/1/20) to try again next year? And the flight that I almost booked a few weeks ago on American is completely gone. This not knowing is driving me nuts. I know there is nothing we can do, but I almost know for sure my trip to Anaheim will be cancelled (Star Wars Celebration may not be held at the end of August as planned, and that is way more people than a race). I'd feel better if runDisney would come out and say that C2C will include 2020 and 2021...

As of today they are still selling packages that include bibs. Easyjet is having a sale so I booked my flights today; roundtrip from Germany for only 55 euros. Worst case... they will give me a refund and/or let me rebook. I'm still on the fence... I haven't actually booked my bibs/property stay as of yet but I have reserved a hotel off property for free via booking.com. It's really hard to commit to anything right now.

This week in the Netherlands we had an update on our exit strategy, most of all it is going well. The biggest issues here are now:
- Gyms not opening till September 1st. (Gym holders not happy to be the last returning to society)
- No big events till there is a vaccin. We are talking concerts, festivals, big conventions etc. but also sport events.
This last thing is up in the air, but we can say for sure that for the coming weeks/motnhs, we won't be hearing a date from when big events are possible again.

I am in the same boat @CassieRuns , still no BIB, but a booked Hotel Room, I can cancel for free.

But I am still thinking about booking Hotel & BIB through Disney or another TA.

In the Netherlands, de Dam-tot-Dam-loop has been cancelled for 2020. It's the run from Amsterdam to Zaandam, a very popular 10 Mile course, which has 85.000 runners in total for all the runs in this weekend. It normally takes place the weekend before the Disneyland Paris run weekend, and was scheduled for 19-20 September 2020.

I booked a package with bib and hotel. I’m hoping it still happens, but I understand if it doesn’t. It’s interesting to see all the different measures or timeline of measures countries are taking. I’m staying at the new Marvel hotel, but I love Sequoia Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!