DLP race September 2020

I was just thinking, the cancellation of the May Run was very easy, as the parks were still closed, every reservation had to be cancelled. But I take it (and I hope) that by late September the parks are open again. Some people will want to cancel everything, for others it will only be the bibs. I hope there are designing forms already to have ready when the cancellation message comes, everyone can fill in what they want to keep or not.

Last edited:
I booked a package with bib and hotel. I’m hoping it still happens, but I understand if it doesn’t. It’s interesting to see all the different measures or timeline of measures countries are taking. I’m staying at the new Marvel hotel, but I love Sequoia Lodge.
Did they contact you about the delay of the hotel due to Corona? It was supposed to open after the refurb on June 15th, but there is no new date yet.

Did they contact you about the delay of the hotel due to Corona? It was supposed to open after the refurb on June 15th, but there is no new date yet.
I've booked a bib and hotel package for the Marvel hotel with the RunDisney TA in the Netherlands (Loopreizen). I phoned them when I read about the Marvel hotel not opening in June. They confirmed that the Marvel hotel would not be open in September. We've now switched (back) to Sequoia Lodge.
That's the hotel sorted out then. That's the easy part. Now for the run....

They haven’t contacted me, but I’m going to reach out to see if I need to change it.

They haven’t contacted me, but I’m going to reach out to see if I need to change it.
I wouldn't make haste, phone lines are very busy. It would be shame to spend a lot of time waiting on the phone when it is likely the event gets cancelled.

In my Facebook run group someone posted the automated reply Run Disney France is sending out when you e-mail them:

[5ième édition Run Disney - Septembre 2020 - Disneyland Paris]

A l’heure actuelle, la 5ième édition du Week end Run Disney est maintenu du 24 au 27 septembre 2020.
Toute fois, en raison de la situation actuelle, les conditions de maintien et de réalisation de l’événement dépendent des décisions officielles et gouvernementales.

Une vente de dossards seul est prévue, mais aucune date n’est pour le moment communiquée.
Source : Run Disney France (par mail)

Rough translation:
The 5th edition of the Disney Weekend Run is currently planned from 24 to 27 September 2020.
However, due to the current situation, we are dependent on the authorities to maintain the event.

A bib only sale is planned, however we do not communicate a date for the sale at this moment.

A quick update on the Marvel hotel. I was on the phone with the TA yesterday (actually about my WDW Marathon weekend 2020 booking). It turns out that Disney has moved our reservation to the Disneyland Hotel (and not Sequoia Lodge as I had mentioned earlier).

A quick update on the Marvel hotel. I was on the phone with the TA yesterday (actually about my WDW Marathon weekend 2020 booking). It turns out that Disney has moved our reservation to the Disneyland Hotel (and not Sequoia Lodge as I had mentioned earlier).
That's very lucky! No increased charges I assume?

I'm still booked for Sequoia Lodge but still can't see the run taking place at all. Unless they just end up limiting it to those who've already booked hotel+bib packages and run a much smaller event with enforced social distancing. I'd love to see a socially distanced coral though, just to see how long law and order broke down.

I'm still booked for Sequoia Lodge but still can't see the run taking place at all. Unless they just end up limiting it to those who've already booked hotel+bib packages and run a much smaller event with enforced social distancing. I'd love to see a socially distanced coral though, just to see how long law and order broke down.

while I'd agree, that would cause a problem for me. I am booked at the Sequoia on DVC points and neither DVC nor runDisney France will allow me to add a bib registration to the reservation. I have called DVC twice to make sure they have it on record that I have tried this and am specifically going for this event, meaning no event, no trip. They are of the "wait and see" mindset, in regards to cancelling the booking and working out returning the points to me (its a lot of points).

I have planned for this for a year. Ran my first half this year specifically to run the Paris half and earn the C2C. Now I am starting to wonder if it will even be possible for foreigners from the US to go there for a week in late September.

That sucks. Are you normally able to add a bib to hotel reservations with the US runs? RunDisney France have been gradually getting better every year but some stuff is still such a pain compared to how it's handled in the US. Every year the photopass is some fresh new hell.

I know they can't but I wish they'd just cancel it now. I've not booked any form of travel yet because I don't want the hassle of having to deal with getting a refund on that if France opens to tourists yet the run does not go ahead or Disney are only allowed to be open with 25% capacity for example. Do they then go reverse order through the reservation list and start telling people their holiday is cancelled? That will make people angry.

I know they can't but I wish they'd just cancel it now. I've not booked any form of travel yet because I don't want the hassle of having to deal with getting a refund on that if France opens to tourists yet the run does not go ahead or Disney are only allowed to be open with 25% capacity for example. Do they then go reverse order through the reservation list and start telling people their holiday is cancelled? That will make people angry.
Normally the bib-only sale would have started by now.

The complicated thing with Disneyland Paris, more than any other Disney park, it is dependent on their foreign visitors. Yes, lots of locals, but their percentage of non-France visitors is bigger than Non-Japanese in Tokyo, Non-Chinese in Shanghai and Non-US in Orlando and Anaheim.
Disneyland Paris probably can reopen at reduced capacity with French guests only, but as soon as they want to scale up, they need the borders open and all 2-week quarantines on return (like the UK & Spain have at the moment) lifted.

For the September run, it's going to be more complicated than with the May run, if the parks are open in September. They will have to contact each person who has a reservation for the run (so hotel & bib packages, or via Run Travel Agent) and check:
- Refund the race bibs (and add-ons, like Pasta Party, Photopass etc.)
- Refund both hotel & bibs.

I think the race is cancelled, but they are waiting to announce it to a. create online forms to handle the different options, b. waiting for the different countries and EU regulations to decide on what to do with tourism.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard any more updates about this event? Apparently Disneyland Paris will open July 15th as of now....

And Disney made it official now also (on InsideEars). You can choose to keep your booking, then you'll get the run portion refunded or get a full refund. There will be a website where you'll have to make you decision before June 19th. No decision will lead to an automatic cancellation

Not surprising, but I am disappointed.

Me as well! Still planning on running the 36k distances that weekend anyway in my own surroundings. Although perhaps not quite so early ;-). For me RunDisney wise now it will be wait and see if WDW 2021 Dopey will be on, that would make the DLP 2021 a Castle-to-chateau! Something to look forward to.

It's Done, ED92 announced that the September Run for Disneyland Paris has been cancelled/postponed to 2021 :(
Not surprising, but I am disappointed.

I was expecting this announcement but still so disappointed. Was so hoping to get my C2C. Not sure when I will next get the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter