DLP solo?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Although I've gone to WDW solo 5 times, I've never even been to DLP. However, DH has to go to Paris often on business (headquarters of the company where he works). He's often offered for me to fly over with him and he'd drop me off at DLP (I understand the train goes right by there) while he's working. Has anyone ever gone alone? I'm perfectly comfortable as a woman alone in WDW, but didn't know if the different culture might frown on seeing an unaccompanied woman. Also, I don't know any French-would I be at a real disadvantage with the language and trying to figure out the money? BTW, I was really glad to see this board.

Hi

All I can say is I'd go to DLP on my own , given the chance. Though I do speak basic French . I would say at DLP that you don't need to speak French. The majority of CM speak English + lots speak many more languages.

Go for it & have a great time .

Bear in mind it's small compared to WDW but always beautiful.

Also the weather, we've been x2 in June & 1x August & have had good weather but there,s always the risk of rain. It can rain all day in summer & be cold. It will definately be cold in winter.
We've also been in October & it was very cold & very wet.!!!!!!

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Absolutely no worries visiting DLP as a single visitor, regardless of what gender you are. In that respect I doubt you would feel any differently to a solo visit to WDW. Train travel to DLP could not be any easier. The train station (about 40 minutes from the centre of Paris) is literally at the gates to the two theme parks at the resort. As for money, the Euro and the Dollar close to a one to one exchange rate, so when you see prices in Euros they will be almost idetical to prices in Dollars (although tax is included in the marked price, so no nasty surprises at the till!). There are also 100 cents in each Euro (which may be a little familiar to you...)

I don't speak a word of French, beyond 'yes' 'no' and 'thank you' but I've never had any problems visiting DLP. I can't remember the last time I came across a Cast Member who didn't speak English (in addition to 2 or 3 other languages!). Rides and attractions that require the spoken word to convey a storyline are either bilingual French/English, or have translation facilities.

If you can arrange a visit, try to plan it between the first week of July and the last week of August. This is when the parks have their extended summer opening hours, and when DLP is at its very best.

Regards

Rob

I don't speak French and yet had no trouble at all. It is almost embarrasing how easy things are made for Americans (almost like being "spoon fed", lol). I think you will enjoy comparing and seeing all of the differences. Worthwhile, enjoy!

Hi
I went last year on my own, staying offsite in Bussy St Geoge, and it was fine. I only speak a little french so went armed with my phrasebook, but hardly needed it as everyone speaks english.

Good luck

Originally posted by elisebutt
Hi
I went last year on my own, staying offsite in Bussy St Geoge, and it was fine. I only speak a little french so went armed with my phrasebook, but hardly needed it as everyone speaks english.

Good luck

I'm glad to see that I won't need the phrasebook.
I'm going with my family and friends but may end up being on my own for a little bit so I'm glad to see this post.
Also, elisebutt, I love your town. We have been there many times on our travels 'across the pond'. I love to shop there.
:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts