DLP with the Baloos Day 1

davewasbaloo

DIS Veteran
Our first day at DLP we got up in the Holiday Inn at Charles De Gaul and had a hearty breakfast, hopped in the car, and 40 mins later pulled up at the Hotel New York.

Bell Services took our luggage, Sarah and and the kids went in and I parked. After some meet and greets with Pluto, and an exploration of the changes in the Village, we renewed our APS (getting Jessica her 1st - great deal right now, free AP for children under 7 for each adult AP purchased).

I was thrilled to be greeted with a live Dixieland band, the overdue return of live entertainment in the parks!!!!!

We managed to squeeze in a trip on IASW (lot's of photos included below so American guests can see the slight differences of ours), PotC and Phantom Manor before our glorious lunch at the Silver Spur. As always it was fantastic, and we had great service from an Italian Cast member who would like to participate on the Italian exchange to World Showcase at WDW. After 2.5 hours of a blissful meal and a good bottle of wine, we headed back to the hotel to check in and unpack.

We went for a little swim, had a rest and went back into the park for the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the attractions as always and we got a great spot in front of the stage for Candebrellaration - not bad for Fantillusion, but great for the castle lighting and fireworks!!!

We were exhausted as we slipped into bed.

Here are some pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=56a8td25.257wp4q3t&x=0&h=1&y=eueyue&localeid=en_GB

Brilliant first day!! Great photos too, looks really busy. The IASW photos are lovely. Oooh thr Newport bay photo is gorgeous!!

Ashleigh x

Your photos are brilliant thank you so much for sharing!! xx

Great first day!! Loved the pictures! On to read your next instalment now ...

Good first day, loved your pics, especially the two desserts!

Sara. :)

Fab photos. I love staying in the HNY. I love the pool aswell, we used to go early evening & have it to ourselves. My sister & I managed to get the foam roller floats & float on top of the water:goodvibes

A great first day at Disney, I got very excited when I saw the Dixieland band! :yay:

Hi Dave,

Planning to stop at Arras on our next trip to DLRP. It'll be on the 30/10 (my wife's birthday), so any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter