DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports from WDW regarding whether one must wear a mask when using PhotoPass:

From the AP Facebook group, you're not allowed to remove masks at all for any photopass-ops, including on rides. Supposedly, if you remove your mask on a ride for the photo, it gets deleted from the system and it will never show on your account.

No, you must leave the ask on when taking a pic with a photopass CM
You can take the mask off briefly to take a picture on your own, and then put it back on. Obviously try and do this in an area where there are no crowds

Merida on her horse at WDW have been posted a few times. Sadly, they aren’t being protected very well and this happened today:

The error was also that no Managers were walking along on that side of the street. Floats are surrounded by Captains and Managers but apparently, they didn’t think they were needed for Merida? 🤷🏻‍♀️ One Manager is seen but not assisting at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to post my experience of DTD here. I posted it on the Speculation thread.

Just got home from DTD. I left my house a little after 8. Arrived around 8:30ish. I have never been to the Simba lot so I made sure to find it. I sort of just hung around across the way near Katella and West. Once it was nearing 9:45 I went to the Simba lot. The line to park was pretty long. I came from the opposite direction so I had to U-turn in front of Paradise Pier at that light to park. Parking was easy. The line for the temp check looked longer than it was since everyone is so spaced out. I got through within a couple of minutes. BEWARE: If you stand in the sun, the thermometers might say you have a fever. They have you sit to the side and cool off for 5 minutes then re-check your temp. That happened to me (and a ton of other people). It originally showed 100.0. When I was in the shade for less than 5 minutes it went to 98.3. And now I am home, and it's 97.7 with the A/C on. So it was for sure the sun.

Everyone heads to WOD 1st. When I got in line, it was back to the exit of WOD. It went fast though. Later on they had to use the mobile queue system. Did some shopping. Then I went over to the Dress Shop to browse. Most stores had a line, but they were pretty short. The Disney Home Store's line shocked me the most. I decided to not wait in it. I browsed around to different stores. I saw great mask compliance. If you need to take a break without your mask, the area where they normally load the trams is the designated mask rest zone. I didn't go near any of the food places b/c I didn't want to be near others without masks on.

- Few things:
I saw people in bandanas and gaiters

If you have a pass that has expired, but you wanted to extend it, they ARE allowing you to use your discount on merchandise.

There is plenty of space to move around and social distance

Everyone was respectful and I didn't see people hoarding merchandise (I think day 1 had the resellers)

BEWARE: If you stand in the sun, the thermometers might say you have a fever. They have you sit to the side and cool off for 5 minutes then re-check your temp. That happened to me (and a ton of other people). It originally showed 100.0. When I was in the shade for less than 5 minutes it went to 98.3. And now I am home, and it's 97.7 with the A/C on. So it was for sure the sun.
It was my understanding the temp trigger is 100.4, so I’m a bit surpriseD they had you wsit off to the side for a recheck at 100.0. Is 100.0 the new trigger for additional temp screening?

It was my understanding the temp trigger is 100.4, so I’m a bit surpriseD they had you wsit off to the side for a recheck at 100.0. Is 100.0 the new trigger for additional temp screening?
I should clarify. It might be 100.4 to trigger. When I glimpsed at it, I saw 100.something. So I just put 100.0. They don't show you the high temp. When I got cleared I asked what it was, and they said 98.3.

More information regarding WDW and DAS:

We went to Guest Services and set up my son’s DAS today. We didn’t need it. But were advised that it works the same. Though some fast pass lines won’t be labeled since fp+ isn’t being used. We were told to locate a cm and ask how that attraction’s return time works as they may vary from attraction to attraction.

DAS for AP is still 60 days.

Guest Services can set up your initial return time. After that, you’ll need to locate a cm at an attraction to set up a return time.

From the WDW boards regarding an AP renewal/extension issue (for any DLR APs in a similar situation, heads up!):
We did encounter one problem, that I think more people may experience as time goes on. Our son’s annual pass had been due to expire just a few days after the lockdown started. So when the parks reopened, his pass was due to expire on July 22nd. Since this put us into the window where we could renew his pass, we renewed it a week or so before this trip. Following the renewal covering July 22, 2020 to 2021, the Disney ticket system essentially forgot that it had extended his 2019-2020 pass from March 2020 to July 22nd. So when we showed up at AK, the system didn’t have him as an active passholder. It took around 45 minutes to get this sorted out with Guest Services (in the very hot sun). Anyone who renews their pass after the lockdown extension, but who plans to use their pass during the dates covered by the original pass should probably call ahead to sort this out ahead of time...

Something to add about masks at DTD:

For people going to DTD in the coming days, make sure your mask is on BEFORE approaching the temperature check line. Some people when getting out of their cars had masks in hand, but not on. When they got close to the line, the CM made sure to have them put them on. Also, if anyone was meeting their group towards the front, needing to pass other, and didn't have the mask on, they were instructed to not go near any other guests. So they are really enforcing the mask rule.

Merida on her horse at WDW have been posted a few times. Sadly, they aren’t being protected very well and this happened today:

The error was also that no Managers were walking along on that side of the street. Floats are surrounded by Captains and Managers but apparently, they didn’t think they were needed for Merida? 🤷🏻‍♀️ One Manager is seen but not assisting at all.

Wow, the Merida CM is an excellent rider to stay on during that!

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that this thread is specific to DLR discussion, and any posts that are deemed off-topic will be deleted. If you cannot find your post it's because we deleted it.

WM Mary Jo

... I posted the exact same thing without a link and my post was deleted.
You should have received an alert notifying you that your post was deleted and giving you the reason why. Posting outside the guidelines for this thread, e.g. being off topic or quoting an off topic post (as explained above by @WebmasterMaryJo ) will result in your post being deleted.
Also, it has been requested repeatedly that people posting official news cite a source, link to an official news article, post a video of the news briefing, etc.
So let's all try to stay on topic and within the guidelines and get this discussion back in play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter