DLR to redwoods?

takstarr

Earning My Ears
Hi All! We are taking our first trip to Disneyland and will have a couple of days to see the area... my husband really wants to see the redwoods... is this feasible from Disneyland... how far of a drive and to where? Thanks any help is greatly appreciated!

Coastal redwoods range from the California-Oregon border south to Big Sur. The best viewing for redwoods on the Big Sur coast is at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. While there may be some redwoods south of that, I'm not sure how to get to them. But they're very accessible at Pfeiffer.

To get from Disneyland to Pfeiffer Big Sur, you'd take coastal Highway 1. Google maps puts it at a 6 hour drive. But really, if you're going to do this dramatic drive (one of the best in the country, if not the world), I wouldn't rush it. Plan on taking all day, stopping frequently to take in the breathtaking sights.

Going back, you may want to go up to Monterey, about 26 miles north. Stop by for a couple days, then drive back down on US101, which is boring but an easier drive.

HTH,
Bob

I wanted to do this too..........DH said he thought it was too far and we should do it a different trip.........uuughh.........

Im still thinking about it tho. :)

Well, technically, there's a grove of Redwoods at Carbon Canyon Regional Park in Brea, CA (about 20-30 minutes drive from DLR), but it's only a grove of about 200 trees and they're very young, so you wouldn't get the full Redwood experience. Your DH is right, you should save these for a future trip and go up to the Santa Cruz Mountains, then you can also hit Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Francisco. Would be a lovely trip to plan for the future.

We camped at Sequoia , and the redwoods where awesome there. Not sure how far from LA as we went from Yucca valley, but reckon it would be a couple of hours drive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter