DME and RAC....FAQs

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
If our plane lands at 5 and we’re using MDE, what time can we expect to get to Pop? With all the changes, the old timeframe is out the window and I’m trying to figure out what time to make a dinner res for at Disney Springs.

Mikey15

DIS Veteran
If our plane lands at 5 and we’re using MDE, what time can we expect to get to Pop? With all the changes, the old timeframe is out the window and I’m trying to figure out what time to make a dinner res for at Disney Springs.
No experience since reopening (longer wait for less full buses?) but even from past you’re talking 6:15-6:45 arrival at Pop, waiting 10-20 minutes for a Disney Springs bus (unless you’re doing rideshare / taxi, at which point I’d consider just doing that from the airport), and then a walk from the DS drop off point to the restaurant at what could be a crowded time.

I wouldn’t book anything earlier than 7:30 and I’d probably go later than that. With the lights on Buena Vista Drive the Pop->DS bus probably takes close to 15 minutes despite the proximity.

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
No experience since reopening (longer wait for less full buses?) but even from past you’re talking 6:15-6:45 arrival at Pop, waiting 10-20 minutes for a Disney Springs bus (unless you’re doing rideshare / taxi, at which point I’d consider just doing that from the airport), and then a walk from the DS drop off point to the restaurant at what could be a crowded time.

I wouldn’t book anything earlier than 7:30 and I’d probably go later than that. With the lights on Buena Vista Drive the Pop->DS bus probably takes close to 15 minutes despite the proximity.
Ok, thanks! I wonder if we should not do an ADR and just play it by ear

• momtwoboys

DIS Veteran
    can anyone tell me if RAC is still closed or are they up and running? I know that DME isnt doing the luggage transfers anymore, correct? any other changes that we should know? we fly in sept 24th and out on Oct 1st.

Fangorn

DIS Veteran
    can anyone tell me if RAC is still closed or are they up and running? I know that DME isnt doing the luggage transfers anymore, correct? any other changes that we should know? we fly in sept 24th and out on Oct 1st.
    Currently, RAC is not available.

Steve

• Alli1988

Mouseketeer
    Anyone have experience showing up at DME with more individuals that your reservations indicates? I’ve been reading DME has been empty, etc. and since our resort is booked 3rd party only the main guest (my) name is Currently showing up, so Disney only put 1 Person on DME reservation since the other names won’t sync in the app. I suggested it wasn’t even worth trying to contact the 3rd party that we would all be allowed on and the Disney agent laughed and said “can’t officially respond, but yeah I see what your saying” I feel like at 10pm on a Tuesday with kids and husband in tow, Disney will just board us. Our whole family has park tickets from a different company that synced.

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
    Anyone have experience showing up at DME with more individuals that your reservations indicates? I’ve been reading DME has been empty, etc. and since our resort is booked 3rd party only the main guest (my) name is Currently showing up, so Disney only put 1 Person on DME reservation since the other names won’t sync in the app. I suggested it wasn’t even worth trying to contact the 3rd party that we would all be allowed on and the Disney agent laughed and said “can’t officially respond, but yeah I see what your saying” I feel like at 10pm on a Tuesday with kids and husband in tow, Disney will just board us. Our whole family has park tickets from a different company that synced.
    everyone is supposed to have a reservation. if I understand you correctly only one person is showing up in MDE for the whole trip? This really needs to be fixed but seems complicated. I know DME will only take people with reservations. I really would try to get the 3rd party to get your whole family put on the reservation. Then call DME to add the rest of them family. Or maybe consider another way to get to the resort. I highly doubt DME will take People not in the reservation. They are a separate company from Disney and are pretty strict about this.

momtwoboys

DIS Veteran
    how many are being allowed onto a DME bus at this time? We are a party of 2 and just trying to see how long the waits have been to board and how many are allowed on at once. I know its ever changing, just trying to make a informed decision on whether to use DME or not. Thanks!

ironz

DIS Veteran
    how many are being allowed onto a DME bus at this time? We are a party of 2 and just trying to see how long the waits have been to board and how many are allowed on at once. I know its ever changing, just trying to make a informed decision on whether to use DME or not. Thanks!
    I just logged on to ask this exact question! Hopefully someone will respond in the next day or so.

• momtwoboys

DIS Veteran
    I just logged on to ask this exact question! Hopefully someone will respond in the next day or so.
    getting close to our trip and I want to make the best decision, DME or a Towncar service. No interest in renting a car. Hope we can get some real feedback on the current procedures and wait times!

ironz

DIS Veteran
    getting close to our trip and I want to make the best decision, DME or a Towncar service. No interest in renting a car. Hope we can get some real feedback on the current procedures and wait times!
    I asked on the regular part of transportation board-- maybe we'll get some feedback.

Flynnismine

Being at Disney = Best Day Ever
    Quick question, how late does DME run from MCO to the resorts and vice versa? We normally fly in during the morning or middle of the day but our December trip is late because I wanted non stop. Our flight arrives into MCO at 8pm and we fly out of MCO at 7pm.
    Thanks so much

monymony3471

DIS Veteran
    Quick question, how late does DME run from MCO to the resorts and vice versa? We normally fly in during the morning or middle of the day but our December trip is late because I wanted non stop. Our flight arrives into MCO at 8pm and we fly out of MCO at 7pm.
    Thanks so much
    I came to ask the same question to see how late of a flight I can book and still use DME.

Fangorn

DIS Veteran
    Thanks so much
    DME runs 24/7.

Steve

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
    Just curious how DME reports have been for going from resorts to the airport. Business as usual? Any delays or poor experiences? We won't need it upon arrival, but am trying to decide if we will use it for our departure or book a car service instead.

Fangorn

DIS Veteran
    I have not heard any reports of any changes to normal schedules. There's no RAC, so you have to take your bags on the bus with you and check them in yourself at the airport, but other than that, it seems to be operating as normal

Steve

Bruggok

Earning My Ears
    Hopefully RAC returns. On my last vacation day, I spend the day at WDW and fly out late in the evening. RAC enables me to send my luggage to the airport in the morning, hop on bus to a park, then after I am done at the parks I Lyft direct to the airport. Without RAC, I'd have to bus back to the resort to retrieve luggage before going to the airport. DME requires that I show up way ahead of my flight. All this eats up valuable fun at the park time and/or pay more $ for Lyft.

Alternatively, I can rent a car for the week. On my last day I can store luggage in the rental car and can drive to the airport whenever. That also gives me flexibility to drive to a park if skyliner/bus lines are horrible. However, without DDP, RAC, and luggage delivery at arrival my incentive to stay on site just got zeroed out. Oh well.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.