Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Our family will be staying at POP. We will take DME from the airport. When we check out we will need to get a car rental for the second week off site. Can my husband just take DME to airport to pick up our car rental?

Our family will be staying at POP. We will take DME from the airport. When we check out we will need to get a car rental for the second week off site. Can my husband just take DME to airport to pick up our car rental?
Yep, not a problem. I do that at times.

Different question that I haven't seen addressed:

I leave next Friday, and have not received my ME package. I called yesterday about it, and was told not to worry about having the yellow tags on my luggage, just to give my claim ticket to the agent at the ME counter when I check in.

Has anyone had experience with not having the yellow tags on their luggage? I'm afraid that my luggage won't be located without that yellow tag, and I'm wondering if I should just get it at baggage claim before I go to ME.

Thanks for any help!

Different question that I haven't seen addressed:

I leave next Friday, and have not received my ME package. I called yesterday about it, and was told not to worry about having the yellow tags on my luggage, just to give my claim ticket to the agent at the ME counter when I check in.

Has anyone had experience with not having the yellow tags on their luggage? I'm afraid that my luggage won't be located without that yellow tag, and I'm wondering if I should just get it at baggage claim before I go to ME.

Thanks for any help!

Many have just given a description of their bags, the number of bags and then handed over the claim receipts and had their luggage taken of care of with no problems.
If it makes you feel better, you can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to the bus with you. But the driver will then expect a tip from you when you are dropped at the resort.

Many have just given a description of their bags, the number of bags and then handed over the claim receipts and had their luggage taken of care of with no problems.
If it makes you feel better, you can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to the bus with you. But the driver will then expect a tip from you when you are dropped at the resort.

Thanks for your help!

Another question here...

1. My husband, mother inlaw son and daughter will be arriving on July 19. We just got the ME tags for the Beach Club Villas/DVC.. My husband and son will be picking up the rental car onsite but mother inlaw and daughter are taking magical express. When my mother inlaw checks in at the ME counter.. does she have to alert them that my husband and son are picking up rental car despite the fact that they are on ME reservation and have ME tagged luggage?

2. WHen the ME tags came last week they sent one for myself and my older son. We are flying out 2 days earlier on thw 17th and staying at the WL for 2 nights then meeting up with the rest of the family when they fly in on the 19th and switching to the BCV. DIsney sent tags with my name and my sons name as well despite the fact we arent flying out with them. Instead of calling and requesting extra tags can we just put the tags with our names on the luggage. We will be getting an additional set of tags hopefully soon for our WL reservation.

Another question here...

1. My husband, mother inlaw son and daughter will be arriving on July 19. We just got the ME tags for the Beach Club Villas/DVC.. My husband and son will be picking up the rental car onsite but mother inlaw and daughter are taking magical express. When my mother inlaw checks in at the ME counter.. does she have to alert them that my husband and son are picking up rental car despite the fact that they are on ME reservation and have ME tagged luggage?

You can just tell them that they won't be riding the bus. They can have tagged luggage, not a problem.

2. WHen the ME tags came last week they sent one for myself and my older son. We are flying out 2 days earlier on thw 17th and staying at the WL for 2 nights then meeting up with the rest of the family when they fly in on the 19th and switching to the BCV. DIsney sent tags with my name and my sons name as well despite the fact we arent flying out with them. Instead of calling and requesting extra tags can we just put the tags with our names on the luggage. We will be getting an additional set of tags hopefully soon for our WL reservation.

If you want your bags to go to WL when you fly in on the 17th, DO NOT use the BCV tags that are for the 19th. You will receive a separate set of tags for your WL reservation shortly. Use those tags!! If you don't receive a set of tags/boarding book for your WL reservation shortly, then call DME directly and make sure you are in their system!!!

Then when you swap over to BCV, either have Bell Services move your bags, or if your DH arrives, you can transfer them over in the rental.

The reason you got tags for everyone, is it's just easier for DRC (or member services) to enter it that way. Their system is woefully inadequate when it comes to entering folks with different flight patterns.

What I do when different members of my party have different flight schedules is just list everyone in my group, but don't list flight times. Magical Express can handle whoever is arriving whenever and their luggage without specific flight times/dates. The reservation is the important thing. Then when the folks arrive at the DME welcome center they each confirm their departing information at the desk. Each member of our party always receives the correct bus pickup time!!!

What time do you have to get your own luggage when arriving at night - after 10?

Correct. The DME luggage transfer service is only in operation between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Passengers arriving at any other time must collect their own bags and take them to the DME bus for transport to their resort.

We are renting a car and would love to to DME because it is just so darn convienent and DD loves the DME bus.

So if DH picks up the rental car and does not ride the coach from MCO, Disney is OK with transporting all of our luggage?

In other words at least one person in your party needs to ride the bus to comply with Disney's policy.

If we choose NOT to comply with Disney's policy (which we prob will comply because DD likes the bus) as long as our luggage has been tagged with the yellow labels it will make it to the resort.

On the way back to MCO we prob won't use the DME, unless the rental is too small to fit us plus our luggage. We'll make it fit!

Becca, won't be an issue at all. Your dh can get the rental car, while you and your ds ride the bus. Tag all the checked bags, Disney will take them to the resort for you.
For your return, what airline are you flying home on? If it's a participating airline, you can get rid of those checked bags right at the resort....no need to try and stuff them into the rental car.

Thanks for the help! We are flying Southwest, unfortunately a non particpating airline. We still love flying Southwest it is the only non-stop flight from New Orleans AND we can check bags with no charge! Last trip they didn't even charge for DH's golf bag!

Ok, sorry but I am a bit lost, I scheduled a Limo service at arrival as its a little treat for my family to get things started.....If we do NOT get our bags and they do have the yellow tags on them DME WILL pick them up and deliver them to our resort right?? I just don’t want them “lost” during our trip and we have no clothes….The not having to lug them around the airport does sound VERY nice….

TIA….

Ok, sorry but I am a bit lost, I scheduled a Limo service at arrival as its a little treat for my family to get things started.....If we do NOT get our bags and they do have the yellow tags on them DME WILL pick them up and deliver them to our resort right?? I just don’t want them “lost” during our trip and we have no clothes….The not having to lug them around the airport does sound VERY nice….

TIA….
The purpose of this thread is to try and explain what the policy is regarding using DME for luggage transfer only.
Disney will tell you that you must ride the bus in order to have your luggage delivered..that DME is not a luggage transfer service. It is basically a 'perk' of using DME and the bus.
Many have tagged their bags and then used some othr mode of transportation to their resort, with their luggage arriving just fine. Some of us have an issue with the situation where the airline looses, or misdirects, some of your luggage. You haven't checked in at the DME counter, they have no idea you have arrived and how many bags you have checked, so they don't know that you should have 4 bags but only 3 arrived. So, they won't be looking for that bag. So....worst case scenario is that you get to your resort at, lets say noon, get checked in and then head off to a park for the day. You return around 9pm, get to your room and you find that you have 3 bags sitting there, not 4. So you all the front desk.
Now, at this point no one is really sure what happens. You haven't 'used' DME in the manner you were supposed to, so is Disney/DME liable for tracking your bags?? We don't know. I'm sure this situation has occured but no one here has told us about it. Don't forget, only a very small percentage of WDW guests actually read and post on these boards.

So...long story short....if you tag your bags, DME will grab them and deliver them for you. But, all bets may be off if the airline misdirects a bag. It's up to you to decide how you want to do things.

What if we arrive after 10pm?
We could pack a carry-on for the first night and day, but since it is after 10pm will there not be anyone to pull the bags? I don't want them to sit in limbo overnight, but it would be nice to skip picking up the bags...

They WILL sit 'in limbo' overnight. There will be no CMs pulling DME-tagged luggage after 10 PM. It will go on the carousel. Unclaimed luggage will go to the unclaimed luggage office (if it doesn't get 'acquired' first).

What if we arrive after 10pm?
We could pack a carry-on for the first night and day, but since it is after 10pm will there not be anyone to pull the bags? I don't want them to sit in limbo overnight, but it would be nice to skip picking up the bags...
DME luggage handlers all go home at 10pm..they turn off the lights, lock the doors, clock out and head home. There is no one there to handle any tagged luggage. So..it will go to the baggage carousel, until an airport worker takes it away, where it will sit until the next morning, when a DME worker will claim it. Then, it will make it's way to the appropriate resort.
There is no way I want my checked luggage hanging around the airport, unclaimed, for 8 hrs. So, if I were arriving anytime after 9:30, I would be getting my own luggage.

If you got tags for pop, and then were upgraded to ssr. Would you need new tags or will my bags show up at the right room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!