Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but just a note to make sure you include some kind of arrival information for DME if you want to receive the yellow luggage tags but do not plan on taking DME. I didn't even consider that when completing DME during my reservation booking last week because I knew I wouldn't be taking DME from the airport. I only entered my info for the return portion. Needless to say, I didn't receive yellow tags because I hadn't indicated arrival information. I actually did think about this the day after completing my reservation booking, so I filled out the separate online DME form with my arrival information, but the person I spoke to on Saturday said I will not receive a separate mailing with yellow tags, even though I completed the separate form with my arrival info. This may be because I am leaving this week, but she made it sound like that's their practice. Who knows. Lesson learned for me!

I always fill out separate arrival only info for DME. Never return trip info. We have never not gotten tags. I'd say you aren't getting them because there not time

I always fill out separate arrival only info for DME. Never return trip info. We have never not gotten tags. I'd say you aren't getting them because there not time

Since you don't get tags, do you give them your baggage claim information when you arrive when you want them to pickup luggage when you're not riding? I'm hesitant to do that, just seems like more room for error.

Since you don't get tags, do you give them your baggage claim information when you arrive when you want them to pickup luggage when you're not riding? I'm hesitant to do that, just seems like more room for error.
No, I do get tags.
Never NOT gotten them
However, if we plan a trip too soon to get them then no, I won't give them my claim checks and NOT ride the bus. You can't give them the claim checks till you check in and I'm not going to check in and not ride.

No, I do get tags.
Never NOT gotten them
However, if we plan a trip too soon to get them then no, I won't give them my claim checks and NOT ride the bus. You can't give them the claim checks till you check in and I'm not going to check in and not ride.
Sorry, I read your prior post wrong! I was reading too fast :). Thanks for the info!

Can i ride DME to a resort other than mine, and have my luggage go on to my resort? Want to go straight to MVMCP from the airport, so I want to take DME to Contemporary but send my luggage to ASM

Can i ride DME to a resort other than mine, and have my luggage go on to my resort? Want to go straight to MVMCP from the airport, so I want to take DME to Contemporary but send my luggage to ASM

No, they don't generally let you do that. It doesn't hurt to ask when you get there but they scan you magic band several time to make sure that you are on the right bus. I don't think that they want to have to deal with a bunch of people wanting to go to the Contemporary. That would make that bus really over crowded. Not really fair to those staying there.

No, they don't generally let you do that. It doesn't hurt to ask when you get there but they scan you magic band several time to make sure that you are on the right bus. I don't think that they want to have to deal with a bunch of people wanting to go to the Contemporary. That would make that bus really over crowded. Not really fair to those staying there.
Not really sure I see any unfairness there. I’d feel differently if the bus were full, of course

No. They DME buses don't go to one specific resort, and they rarely have left over seats in my experience. They are not meant as a short cut to get to the parks, but to get people to their resorts. Can you imagine the mess if they let everyone who wanted to hop onto the bus hitting the MK area resorts? The line would be out of control.

Not really sure I see any unfairness there. I’d feel differently if the bus were full, of course

I am sure that many people have had the idea to just go to the Contemporary and start their vacation off right away. All of those extra people will fill the buses faster. Imagine if you are staying there and get off of the plane, go down to ME, and the line is 100 people long. You are not getting on the first bus, maybe not even the second. How is that fair to you having to wait longer because of all of the people that are not even staying at the resort are now getting on it? The way they have it set up, you share buses with other resorts anyway and it can take some time to finally get to your resort. Do you really want to have to wait another 20-30 minutes because people from other resorts are hopping on your bus?

It's incredibly unfair to take the seat of a guest who paid to stay at that resort just to save yourself time. You wanna ride the CR bus, pay for a stay at CR, not one at ASM.
If you really want to safe time, get an Uber or Taxi. Or schedule a limo service.

As mentioned, this isn’t allowed. The only time you can get off at a different resort is if your DME bus happens to be stopping at another resort before yours. You’d be on the same bus and the driver doesn’t really know the difference. But to my knowledge, the All Stars and CR wouldn’t be on the same route anyhow so I don’t think you’d encounter that. Would you need to store any carry on bags? If so, you’d have to go to your own resort anyway. But if not, your best bet would be to send your luggage along with DME and take an Uber/Lyft to CR, and walk to MK from there.

Magical Express only to your own resort may have originated as one of the airport rules that Disney had to follow.

It's airport to hotel transportation, equivalent to a hotel shuttle from the airport to say, the Comfort Suites or Ramada Inn nearby, a concept that Disney could have defended. Not comparable to a (hypothetical) complimentary ride for Ramada Inn guests to Universal Studios or Ripley's Believe It Or Not, something that the taxi companies would have easily objected to.

As far as getting or not getting yellow tags in the mail in timely fashion or at all, I noticed this printed on the peel off paper on the back of the yellow tag: "If you elect not to utilize Disney's Magical Express service, please do not place this tag on your luggage."

Last edited:
We've never had an issue checking bags with bell services at CR when not staying there.
They could do that, but then they'd have to go back to CR after MVMCP to get their stored bags before going back to their own resort. Its just as inefficient, so they are better off just taking DME to their own resort, dropping their bags, then heading to MK.

Exactly! And they'd still need to get their own transportation back to their resort, because Disney doesn't allow luggage on any onsite buses.

Sorry if this has been asked but I am arriving at MCO at 4PM and we have our tags for our bags. Is this too late of an arrival to get our bags delivered to our room? We decided to get a rental because we have AH at AK tickets and want to go straight to the park but figured it would be nice to have the bags dropped off at our hotel.

Sorry if this has been asked but I am arriving at MCO at 4PM and we have our tags for our bags. Is this too late of an arrival to get our bags delivered to our room? We decided to get a rental because we have AH at AK tickets and want to go straight to the park but figured it would be nice to have the bags dropped off at our hotel.
No, baggage cut-off is 10pm. Just be aware that bags are delivered roughly 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort and that timeframe assumes you're taking DME. The DME average time is 90 minutes, which would be 5:30 if you arrive at 4, so that means you can reasonably expect your bags to be delivered between 8:30-9:30pm.

No, baggage cut-off is 10pm. Just be aware that bags are delivered roughly 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort and that timeframe assumes you're taking DME. The DME average time is 90 minutes, which would be 5:30 if you arrive at 4, so that means you can reasonably expect your bags to be delivered between 8:30-9:30pm.
Thank you for that information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!