DME/Mears and Midnight arrival questions

fgnghg5821

Earning My Ears
I’ve read several instances from the past few years about people being able to go to the Mear’s desk and pay for an extra person to get a ride to a Disney resort and then at that point they are able to board the same Magical Express bus as their group. Has anyone had any experiences doing that recently? I scanned through the last 6 months and didn’t see anything. We will be traveling with a minor that needs to make it to our resort with us but is not part of our reservation (she is part of a reservation the following day at a different resort). I’ve read that people have historically been able to go to Mear’s and pay a one way fare and are then directed to the Magical Express. Has anyone done this recently? We will be arriving a little after midnight.

Also, what has your experience been arriving late? Have the buses taken longer because they wait as long as necessary to fill up or has it been similar wait to arriving in the afternoon/morning?

Doesn't matter what time you arrive, ME attempts to either leave when a bus is full or when the first guest has been on board for 30 min. This is the way it works if land at noon or midnight.

I have no clue about the other.

Doesn't matter what time you arrive, ME attempts to either leave when a bus is full or when the first guest has been on board for 30 min. This is the way it works if land at noon or midnight.

I have no clue about the other.

That makes sense. Thank you!

If it doesn't put you over the room occupancy limit, you can add the minor to your reservation and she will be able to ride DME with you.

You cannot make an advance reservation to get a ride from MCO via Mears's shuttle to a Disney's resort, but someone without a Magical Express reservation or without a resort stay can walk up to the Mears desk (one is next to the Magical Express welcoming area) and buy a ticket for that journey.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!