Do Alerts really work?

amiskell28

Can't wait to get back!
Not sure where else to post this....

Am I crazy? I have set many threads to "watch" or have commented on many threads, so I expect to get alerts when others do. And yet, I don't consistently get alerts when that thread has activity. This has been going on for months. Anyone else? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Am I crazy? I have set many threads to "watch" or have commented on many threads, so I expect to get alerts when others do. And yet, I don't consistently get alerts when that thread has activity. This has been going on for months. Anyone else? Is there something I can do to fix it?

I only get alerts when someone likes my post or grabs my post on a reply . So you should have gotten your first alert! :cool1:

Have you returned to those threads after receiving an alert? You won’t get another new alert until you return to the thread and read the new posts.

Have you returned to those threads after receiving an alert? You won’t get another new alert until you return to the thread and read the new posts.
Thank you, yes I do go back and read them. It just seems that I'll click into a forum (resorts for example, where I'm watching the Poly thread), notice that the thread is near the top of the list and I haven't gotten any alerts. I'll open the thread and there are tons of new posts. Perhaps I just missed the alert....

Try hitting "mark forums read" every now and then. That will trigger new alerts. They only alert you to the first post since the last time you clicked on the thread or marked the forums as read.

Try hitting "mark forums read" every now and then. That will trigger new alerts. They only alert you to the first post since the last time you clicked on the thread or marked the forums as read.

Mind blown. I will do that. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter