Do character stops have photo pass photographers?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
just as the title states. I was wondering if you need to bring your own camera/phone or are there photo pass photographers with all the characters.

Most stops have photopass photographers. I did encounter one stop during the marathon that did not.

The only stop I did during W&D were some stilt walkers and they just had a CM who used our phone...DSis stopped for a character and they had pp

Mary Poppins has been one in the past for me that did not have a photographer & then Terk at the wine & dine 5k did not either. Oh and at the marathon a few years ago Chip & Dale at WWOS didn't have one either. I've heard sometimes it's a copyright issue like with Mary Poppins & Terk (which I don't really understand why since they use them in the parks)and then with Chip & Dale someone just didn't show up. I always run with my own small camera just in case as the cast member will use it.

Do they need to scan my magic band? I was hoping not to have to wear it during the 1/2.

Do they need to scan my magic band? I was hoping not to have to wear it during the 1/2.
No they don't. Just like above said, there's a code with your bib number you put into photopass on MDE. The code will be in the event guide, back of bibs & on the results page for that race on rundisney. It's also how the photos of you running will be found.

As long as your bib number is super visible, you're good. Maybe sure your number is readable (laid out flat, not wrinkled, not covered by a shirt, etc.).

Yay! Thanks everyone! I read the online guide for princess weekend and I'm not sure how I missed that section. I'll go back and check it out!

Yay! Thanks everyone! I read the online guide for princess weekend and I'm not sure how I missed that section. I'll go back and check it out!
I think it's on the "post race" page or something similar. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter