Do/did ever wear hats

I wear hats all the time.. favorite sports teams, bands and other things. I also have a hat I got in the gift shop near the Indiana Jones Stunt Show back in 2005 that has held up really well and makes every trip back to Disney.

I love hats and have quite a few. Big floppy ones, ball cap types, a cowgirl hat lol and a fascinator as well!
Op... I didn’t wear hats during C care, just a naked head.
Funny thing...it wasn’t till way later... when my hair came back post chemo with a different texture and Waves I never had ..that I started wearing hats lol.

@snappy : they still make hat pins although I prefer to make my own. Supplies can be bought online but I can find them in the Garment District so just get them there. Great re-purposing for cherished buttons, jewelry, or maybe a Disney pin.

Yes, I like hats. Currently, I'm enjoying large brimmed toppers that shield me from the sun and head wraps that allow the sun's warmth.

@snappy : they still make hat pins although I prefer to make my own. Supplies can be bought online but I can find them in the Garment District so just get them there. Great re-purposing for cherished buttons, jewelry, or maybe a Disney pin.

Yes, I like hats. Currently, I'm enjoying large brimmed toppers that shield me from the sun and head wraps that allow the sun's warmth.

Excellent use of a Disney pin.

While it is a shame to cover this fabulous mane, I do occasionally wear my Real Deal Brazil tarp hat. They make hats and bags from tarps that have been used up on cargo trucks in Brazil. Everything is worn and weathered and has unique markings.

I bought mine from the original retailer at an event. After that Woody Harrelson discovered them and wore their hat in Zombieland and the company took off.

A friend of mine at that event said "those are cool but I'm not a hat person". I said you know what the difference is between you and a hat person? A hat.20190810_170419.jpg

Last edited:
I love hats but it's a struggle to find an appropriate one for daily use.

When I'm hiking or long-distance walking I'll wear a baseball cap (because they are easy and I don't mind getting them sweaty/nasty), but otherwise I don't like baseball caps much.

I have a pork pie and a few trilbys for fancier occasions. I gave away all my fedoras when fedoras became the symbol for "(eye-rolling) edgy teens/twenty-somethings."

I had a top hat at one point when I was doing professional caroling; gave it to one of the other group members when I decided to move away from the area.

During the winter I almost always have on a skullcap to keep my head warm!

I have an embarrassingly large collection of ball caps. There is at least one day a week I just don't feel like dealing with my hair... so into the hat it goes. They all have to have the adjustable back though because that's where my ponytail goes.

Noooo, except I do wear a visor when I go to Disney. The kind with the hard bill and just slips on, not the ones that attach by velcro in the back.
Can't stand anything on my head, my mom wore headscarves a lot & rain bonnets when it was raining but not me. I can't stand 'hoodies' either, lol.

My head is too big! Seriously, I never find ones that fit well, so I don't. I just avoid outside during the most sunny times. I live in the south and have long hair, so don't usually need one in the winter (also, I don't just hang out outside).

I do have a sun hat for summer and knit hat for winter, but I just avoid outside.

I wear a lot of sun hats with wide brims when in the sun. I’ve always been super fair and now I’m on meds which give me a terrible reaction to the sun. I also think they generally keep you cooler (super important at Disney!). The kids are fair too and I’m the evil stepmom who makes them wear hats and sunscreen everyday. Can you imagine? so mean! I finally figured out if the boy and girl had one similar to my husband and i they were perfectly happy to wear them.

I wear a baseball cap 99% of the time I'm out of the house. Started doing it as a kid and it's always stuck with me. Helps that I have one job I can wear a hat at and one that I'm required to.

I don’t want to get skin cancer (yes your head can get sunburnt even with hair) so I wear hats for that reason

I do like hats! I wear a visor or ball cap a lot when running. I wear a floppy hat on the beach and a toboggan with a big puff ball in the winter! My husband has provided me with many hats through different business ventures. Some of these hats have had really cool colors and stitching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter