Do DVC members get regular resorts at 25%

rigsby25

DIS Veteran
I invited 12 people to share a grand villa and I got 10 definites, 2 pretty sures, and 3 probably's. How did that happen? Can I book a stay at Allstars or something for the 25% off? Or is that just DVC resorts?

The 25% member discount is only available for DVC resorts (and you can't count on it being available all the time. It's subject to availability).

As far as the non-DVC WDW resorts go, MS cannot make any reservations at all (cash or points) for the value resorts. MS can make points (not cash) reservations for moderates or deluxe resorts.

I have to ask - if you only invited 12 people, how did you get 15 replies? ;);) :teeth:

Best wishes -

You should have only asked 11 people to share your Grand Villa. 12 plus you will be 13 - and that's too many. But since 10 said definitely, you go with them and that makes only 11. You don't have to share a bed if you don't want to.

So tell the pretty sures and probablys that you will see them next time.

The problem is that the words "family reunion" were used, and these people are part of the family of course. I should have thought first. I couldn't possibly exclude them now. My daugher and her friend have agreed to stay in an allstars or something like that. I think what we'll do is buy 1 annual pass and reserve a budget room. We can't afford two right now, but one is all we'll need to reserve the room, and then buy the other one closer to May, 2006. Is there a "Best Rate" web site? How do you find out what the rates with an annual pass are? And then, I could get that Dining card right? Thank everyone for their help.

What about enting some points from a member or transferring them into your account and making a ressie at the same resort for a studio?

Do you think that would be less expensive then renting a room at one of the smaller resorts? I know 12 can "stay" at the Grand Villa, but we are all family, and the other people can "come over" can't they? We won't be going everywhere as one big group anyway. We'll split up when someone wants to golf and someone else wants to go to the park, etc. Then there might be times when we all get together. What do you think?

Which resort are you going to be at? How many nights (weekday/weekend)?

We had originally wanted to go Saturday May 20, leaving Saturday, May 27 but we didn't have enough points. We didn't want to put this off another year, so we are renting the OKW Grand Villa May 21 through May 26 (5 nights) My husband, my son, and I will have a studio on May 20 and May 26 for a total of 7 nights. We have enough points for this, so we are not "spending" any money. We are all 50 to 60 yrs. old and have decided that we want one big happy reunion because of all the sad reunions that have been coming up.

Since it's not costing you anything cash-wise, I'd probably just rent some points and get them a studio at the same resort, rather than somewhere else across property. I know you don't plan to do everything together, but it's nice to be staying at the same place....makes it easier to hang out, arrange plans, etc. Believe me...I know! We took 20 people to WDW for 6 days before Christmas 2 years ago. We got 9 rooms at AKL (8 for people and 1 for a "gathering spot"....was worth the extra $$ since we didn't have any living rooms among us) and we were all on the same hallway. We could enjoy leisurely breakfasts together, the adults gathered for drinks each evening in the gathering room, and we always could find each other! Hope you guys have a great time!

Okay - so I've done some pricing. Never was good at math. Could this be possible?

May 21 - 5 nights:

Old Key West studio booked through Disney: 1667.00
Pop Century booked through Disney: 559.00
Old Key West on rented points: 500.00

rigsby25 said:
Okay - so I've done some pricing. Never was good at math. Could this be possible?

May 21 - 5 nights:

Old Key West studio booked through Disney: 1667.00
Pop Century booked through Disney: 559.00
Old Key West on rented points: 500.00
::yes:: Now you see why folks rent points!
If only I had figured that out 10 years ago (that's how long we've been going and staying on property)! We just bought in and close in 2 weeks. But it's nice to know if we ever don't use all our points (yeah, right!) there is a nice rental market for them.

Yes, I was thinking that. At first I thought if I rented points I would be like scalping someone. This is a great deal. But yes look at this - a 3 bedroom grand villa for us in May for 5 nights - and not a penny put out for it. We woud NEVER have been able to pull something like this off. I am so glad we bought DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter