Do DVC members pay to park?

Networth

DIS Veteran
We don’t pay while staying at WDW on points. I was hoping Aulani would be the same if you stay on points as a member?

We don’t pay while staying at WDW on points. I was hoping Aulani would be the same if you stay on points as a member?
As the PP noted, self parking is free for DVC members. However, valet parking is not.

When we were there in 2016, you had to be a DVC member staying on points. If you were a DVC member staying on a cash reservation, you'd be charged for parking. Similarly, if you were not a DVC member but staying on someone else's points (i.e. renting), then you will not have to pay for parking.

I'm not sure if this is still current, but at the time, the front desk explained this is how its coded in the system so that when you insert your card in the parking garage, the system recognizes the points reservation and you are not charged for parking.

Excellent clarification by @nkereina above. Its not being a DVC member that gets free parking - its staying on points that qualifies for free parking.

And of course "free parking" isn't really free since we pay for it in our dues.

Yeah we will be staying on points. I know we pay to upkeep the lots in dues, nothing is free. I just wasn’t sure if HI had some oddball laws about paying to park even DVC with points. Thanks!

As long as the reservation is made using DVC points, you will not pay for parking. You don't need to be a member, as an example someone that rents points, would not pay for parking, since the stay is on a DVC members points. Have a great trip!

yes, can confirm we have rented DVC points (before becoming a member) and even point renters get FREE parking! Great perk

Just confirming if we have 2 vehicles and are DVC we get free parking for both vehicles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter