Do EMM generally sell out in advance?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
I am considering this for our September trip. My 3 1/2 year old loves roller coasters, and I have a feeling that once he rides SDMT, he'll want to do it over and over again. His other two favorite rides are Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, so the idea of having access to these three rides without waiting is very attractive. Anyone have experience with reserving this a day or two in advance? Or do they usually sell out long before? I want to wait and see how tired he is by the end of our trip - bc we would be doing this on our last day.

Thanks!

I can't say for the Sept time frame but I was hemming and hawing about the same thing (I was iffy whether my daughter would like SDMT). For my time frame (early June) it was sold out weeks in advance. In the case of my daughter, I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it because SDMT ended up being one of her favorite rides!

It depends. They have definitely sold out, sometimes well in advance. But some have a handful of tickets available the day of. Keep in mind, it's limited to 200 or so people, so it's very limited to begin with. I've been to 3 now and all were awesome, I highly recommend it.

I considered moving things around to include EMM on an upcoming August trip and I checked to see how many spots were left, there were 11 for August 27th... you can check the spots by checking for reservations for 49 people, then 25, etc etc. To give you an idea of how much time you have to make your decision...

But I highly recommend EMM. EMM is #2 on my personal list of best additional cost events (After Hours is #1).

We attended EMM in June, and that date sold out a few weeks ahead of time. But, I've noticed other dates that are still available the day before. So, you never really know. If your mind is set on a certain date, I would probably buy tickets ahead of time.

Just a note - SDMT does have a height requirement of 38 inches. You probably already know that, but we did see a couple little ones turned away during EMM.

I am considering this for our September trip. My 3 1/2 year old loves roller coasters, and I have a feeling that once he rides SDMT, he'll want to do it over and over again. His other two favorite rides are Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, so the idea of having access to these three rides without waiting is very attractive. Anyone have experience with reserving this a day or two in advance? Or do they usually sell out long before? I want to wait and see how tired he is by the end of our trip - bc we would be doing this on our last day.

Thanks!

DizneyLizzy -
If you think your kid would like this event, you'll probably be hard pressed to find someone who didn't say it's one of the best events offered for the price. If I were you, I'd buy the tickets, and plan for an easy day the day before. The DHS version was easily a highlight of our trip, and I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of the MK version (unless one of the rides happens to be having tech difficulties.) You're going to get fantastic pictures, many rides of what it seems you'd like, and an awesome buffet. If the kid is an early riser, and you want to do those rides, I'd highly suggest you try to work it out.

It depends. They have definitely sold out, sometimes well in advance. But some have a handful of tickets available the day of. Keep in mind, it's limited to 200 or so people, so it's very limited to begin with. I've been to 3 now and all were awesome, I highly recommend it.

I considered moving things around to include EMM on an upcoming August trip and I checked to see how many spots were left, there were 11 for August 27th... you can check the spots by checking for reservations for 49 people, then 25, etc etc. To give you an idea of how much time you have to make your decision...

But I highly recommend EMM. EMM is #2 on my personal list of best additional cost events (After Hours is #1).

Excellent advice. I would have said something very similar. It is also my second favorite upcharge event, second only to After Hours. :-)

OP, I've been to two... one July 2016 that wasn't sold out, one November 2016 that DID sell out. I made those reservations around 30-45 days out and I'm pretty sure I was among the last to book as it showed no availability shortly after that. I just booked this week for one coming up on 9/3, which was around 45 days out at the time I booked.

If you do wait to book, I'd keep your expectations in check just in case it does sell out - because it definitely could.

Hope it works out for you.

You guys have convinced me! My son is 38 inches without shoes, so he shouldn't have a problem with the height requirement for SDMT. I don't see weather being too big of an issue that early in the morning, and we're staying at the Poly Villas, so we won't have to leave THAT early to get to the MK by 7:30.

Looks like I've found something to spend those Disney Visa rewards points on!

Excellent advice. I would have said something very similar. It is also my second favorite upcharge event, second only to After Hours. :-)

OP, I've been to two... one July 2016 that wasn't sold out, one November 2016 that DID sell out. I made those reservations around 30-45 days out and I'm pretty sure I was among the last to book as it showed no availability shortly after that. I just booked this week for one coming up on 9/3, which was around 45 days out at the time I booked.

If you do wait to book, I'd keep your expectations in check just in case it does sell out - because it definitely could.

Hope it works out for you.

My (adult) daughter and I are booked for 9/3 also! I kept going back and forth as to whether to do it or not. I read a few reviews that pushed me toward it. Then I realized that if I went to book and it was sold out, I'd be extremely disappointed. So, I figured that I really want to give it a try. I hope for good weather and that everything is working that morning.

My (adult) daughter and I are booked for 9/3 also! I kept going back and forth as to whether to do it or not. I read a few reviews that pushed me toward it. Then I realized that if I went to book and it was sold out, I'd be extremely disappointed. So, I figured that I really want to give it a try. I hope for good weather and that everything is working that morning.

See you there! :wave2:

Anyone know if there is a way to pay for this with either gift cards or Disney Visa Rewards? (Preferably one that doesn't involve calling Disney...bc that can take forever)

I have this booked for 8/13 and checked earlier and it looks like 14 spots were still available. I'm really excited to get ahead of the crowd that day!

Anyone know if there is a way to pay for this with either gift cards or Disney Visa Rewards? (Preferably one that doesn't involve calling Disney...bc that can take forever)

Similar question - can I pay with a GC if I call? I don't see the option online and it's been almost 2 days since I sent the question to Disney and I haven't heard back.

Similar question - can I pay with a GC if I call? I don't see the option online and it's been almost 2 days since I sent the question to Disney and I haven't heard back.

I'm going to try calling Disney on Monday. Like I said, I definitely want to use Disney visa rewards for this. I'll just fold some laundry while I'm on hold

I will be there solo that day too :-)

I just booked this yesterday with a giftcard, I called the number listed on the website, and not sure if I pushed the wrong button or what but they had to transfer me twice. Pretty sure I should have called the Dining line. It seemed like I was on hold FOREVER but superexcited to attend this event on Sep 24th!

Does anyone know when more dates will be released? We're planning a trip in late January 2018 and fingers crossed it's offered. Which mornings were offered this January?

My 180 days is coming up so I want to make sure I don't plan a lunch for the day we would do EMM.

Thanks!

Does anyone know when more dates will be released? We're planning a trip in late January 2018 and fingers crossed it's offered. Which mornings were offered this January?

My 180 days is coming up so I want to make sure I don't plan a lunch for the day we would do EMM.

Thanks!
My October dates were released in July...so maybe they release them 3 months in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter