Do I have a shot to make it.

went503

DVC Owner
Currently Flying in Friday Dec 8th and land @ MCO @ 10:56 a.m. Not utilizing ME and have a rental car reserved. First FP in AK from 1:35 - 2:35. Not checking in to hotel because most likely it wont be ready and we wont need to until we close out AK on Friday night. So plan is Land, Rental Car, Straight to AK, straight to Everest FP. How does the plan sound?

Assuming your flight is on schedule, I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to make it to Everest ahead of the 2:35 fast pass end time!

Yeah even if you plan for 2 hours to get out of the airport and 1 hour for traffic, both on the higher end of reasonable, that still gives you 35 minutes to get from the front of the park to the ride queue. And that is pretty much worst case scenerio.

Rental cars at MCO are a breeze if you have an in terminal vendor. If you dont have to wait for a bag you can get from the plane to on the road in about 30 min. Make sure you have "skip the counter" on your car reservation too as you can avoid a potentially slow line at the car vendor. I seem to get behind the Griswolds after they loose their travelers checks or 3 families that have never rented a car before or someone who argues about not having a credit card/insurance...I digress....

I did this in October and beat the Magical Express by well over 30 min. Landed at 4:30p and was in our Poly DVC studio by 5:30pm on a Saturday. I had the family take the ME so that we could check luggage all the way through and our son still loves the ME. I had time to unpack the Amazon order before our evcening was to begin. We had a tight FP+ planned for 7DMT followed by BTMR; however the torrential rain that day derailed our plan and closed the rides. We would have made a 5:30-6:30p FP+ (barely). The rest of the trip went off without a hitch or bad weather!

Baring unforeseen traffic delays or weather you should be fine.

Good luck.
Mike

Rental cars at MCO are a breeze if you have an in terminal vendor. If you dont have to wait for a bag you can get from the plane to on the road in about 30 min. Make sure you have "skip the counter" on your car reservation too as you can avoid a potentially slow line at the car vendor. I seem to get behind the Griswolds after they loose their travelers checks or 3 families that have never rented a car before or someone who argues about not having a credit card/insurance...I digress....

I did this in October and beat the Magical Express by well over 30 min. Landed at 4:30p and was in our Poly DVC studio by 5:30pm on a Saturday. I had the family take the ME so that we could check luggage all the way through and our son still loves the ME. I had time to unpack the Amazon order before our evcening was to begin. We had a tight FP+ planned for 7DMT followed by BTMR; however the torrential rain that day derailed our plan and closed the rides. We would have made a 5:30-6:30p FP+ (barely). The rest of the trip went off without a hitch or bad weather!

Good luck.
Mike
I have no idea actually if its a terminal vendor or not. We are renting thru enterprise. This is first time not taking ME. Its my wife's and I first trip alone without kids for over 5 years and that's anywhere so we are taking full advantage while we can because its a very short trip. Leave Friday fly back home Monday. DD (5) and DS (1) will be with the grandparents :)

I have no idea actually if its a terminal vendor or not. We are renting thru enterprise. This is first time not taking ME. Its my wife's and I first trip alone without kids for over 5 years and that's anywhere so we are taking full advantage while we can because its a very short trip. Leave Friday fly back home Monday. DD (5) and DS (1) will be with the grandparents :)

As long as things have not moved in the past year, Enterprise is still a terminal vendor.

even if you miss the FP time, you can always ride single rider line at Everest.

And if your flight is delayed -- get on MDE and try to move it back if you can. With FOP and Na'vi open now, Everest isn't nearly as hard to get on as it used to be.

With FOP and Na'vi open now, Everest isn't nearly as hard to get on as it used to be.

I never found it all that hard to book in the first place. It's a very high capacity attraction.

If you're running behind, use mobile app to reschedule the fastpass. Easy-peasy.

I love it! We are actually doing a similar trip around a professional meeting Dec 1-5th. Our 9 year old (not happy with us) is staying home with grand mom. We are doing a total adults trip: Epcot with Candlelight Processional with dinner, Animal Kingdom followed by Sip Savor Sparkle at the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom followed by Monorail Dine Around and the DVC Moonlight Magic event at Epcot in addition to my meeting responsibilities. So this trip will be a whirlwind.

Enterprise is in-terminal and they will spend a few minutes walking you around the vehicle providing excellent customer service. Don't stress as you still should make it in time and if not you can plan on the fly for EE as stated above. Have fun!!

Mike

I love it! We are actually doing a similar trip around a professional meeting Dec 1-5th. Our 9 year old (not happy with us) is staying home with grand mom. We are doing a total adults trip: Epcot with Candlelight Processional with dinner, Animal Kingdom followed by Sip Savor Sparkle at the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom followed by Monorail Dine Around and the DVC Moonlight Magic event at Epcot in addition to my meeting responsibilities. So this trip will be a whirlwind.

Enterprise is in-terminal and they will spend a few minutes walking you around the vehicle providing excellent customer service. Don't stress as you still should make it in time and if not you can plan on the fly for EE as stated above. Have fun!!

Mike
Yes we are super excited as it is much needed. Because its only a 3 day trip we are doing the Deluxe Dining plan and eating at nice signature restaurants as well as spending some time downtown after the parks close. Go big or go home for us this trip.

Good luck.
Mike

That sounds exhausting lol. Whatever works for you, we tend to take it a bit slower the first day most trips. Except for our upcoming one :) will be hitting the ground running and hoping for the best. Snagged a $103 rental from dollar that beat my best alamo one by almost $150. No way could i justify the time savings, will grin and bear it. Send the mr for the luggage while i go directly to counter.

Not always able to skip the counter with all corp codes/coupons. Also, even, if a member of whatever agency reward program, if you are utilizing linked CC for the first time, you need to produce it in terminal or at garage kiosk for a few vendors (hertz, budget, dollar). A 2nd driver triggers the same hoops.

If u use a 3rd party (priceline, autoslash, carrentalsavers - a necessity last year or so as weekly rates have dramatically jumped in price), you are directed to the counter, which can take a long time even in the preferred customer lines

Mike

If u use a 3rd party (priceline, autoslash, carrentalsavers - a necessity last year or so as weekly rates have dramatically jumped in price), you are directed to the counter, which can take a long time even in the preferred customer lines

Not true, I've skipped the line multiple times using carrentalsavers. You can enter your frequent renter number when checking out or do online check in. With Priceline it depends on what type of booking you make - name your own price you have to go to the counter, but regular bookings you can skip if available.

When renting with Enterprise look for the kiosks if the line is long, can save you some time.

Not true, I've skipped the line multiple times using carrentalsavers. You can enter your frequent renter number when checking out or do online check in. With Priceline it depends on what type of booking you make - name your own price you have to go to the counter, but regular bookings you can skip if available.

When renting with Enterprise look for the kiosks if the line is long, can save you some time.

Yes i am aware of how the opage sites work in MCO, both priceline & hotwire.

YMMV from mine. I've been growled at when grabbing a car off the aisle at the booth when using Alamo/carrentalsavers. Supervisor had to be called, line backed up behind me.

If you get Hertz (opague priceline or via standard booking) you need to present yourself to the booth in the garage as you won't find your name/spot# on the board Note this is via using the same CC i have on file with my insider & gold accounts

In my experience, Disney has been very accommodating if I missed my fast pass time. As long as their system shows you had fast pass for that attraction (for that day), they should let you through. If worse case, just explain the situation and they should waive you through.

As a side not, I don't recommend missing your FP times, but Disney knows there is a lot to see and do, so they are very helpful if you miss it....at least that has been my experience. :yay:

In my experience, Disney has been very accommodating if I missed my fast pass time. As long as their system shows you had fast pass for that attraction (for that day), they should let you through. If worse case, just explain the situation and they should waive you through.

As a side not, I don't recommend missing your FP times, but Disney knows there is a lot to see and do, so they are very helpful if you miss it....at least that has been my experience. :yay:

As an addition to this, I was told some good news by a waitress at Mama Melrose's this past summer. If you are running late in a meal and miss the end of your fastpass time, you only need to show your receipt from your meal, showing that it was during your FP time, and they will let you in to an attraction later than your assigned time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter