Do I have this right?

msr709

DISfan forever
Quick background: I have 5 old PH which I am using on this trip. I have it scheduled for 8 days (going to USO/IOA for 2 days). Now I would like to get the dining plan. Is it correct to assume that if I order at least 1 MYW ticket and book that with hotel through AAA, I can get my AAA room discount and get the dining plan also? Any info would be appreciated. TIA :cool1:

I am going by memory, but I think it says everyone in the room must be on the MYW package. Can anyone confirm that?

You would have to buy a one-day (or greater) MYW ticket for each person in your party.

I'm not sure how it works, but I was told by the CM when I made my ressie that the Dining is attached to your room not your ticket, whatever that means.

Dopey420 said:
I am going by memory, but I think it says everyone in the room must be on the MYW package. Can anyone confirm that?

There's a misunderstanding here, I guess I didn't word it correctly, the 5 old PH are 5 old park hopper tickets, I'm the only one in the room, going solo. :rotfl:

Edited to add: What I wanted to know if I only need to purchase 1 MYW ticket so I can get the dining plan. TIA

kelscross said:
I'm not sure how it works, but I was told by the CM when I made my ressie that the Dining is attached to your room not your ticket, whatever that means.

I was confused too when we checked in...the CM said we had a 6 day MYW ticket for each person on our room keys, and 5 days worth of the dining plan for each of us (20 snacks, 20, ts, 20 cs since there were 4 of us)...I thought it would be 6 days worth, but he said no, the dining is based on the *nights stayed* not the days of tickets purchased.

I think anyone interested in the dining plan should read the official brochure. It describes how meals are allotted based on the number of nights and number of guests, and also has the newly revised list of participating locations.

This should clear up any confusion on how many meals come with the package.

The official brochure can be downloaded here. You will need the free Adobe reader software to open the file (www.adobe.com).

When you get the MYW package + dining, you can choose the number of days on the MYW tickets.

Happy planning!

WDWBetsy said:
I think anyone interested in the dining plan should read the official brochure. It describes how meals are allotted based on the number of nights and number of guests, and also has the newly revised list of participating locations.

This should clear up any confusion on how many meals come with the package.

The official brochure can be downloaded here. You will need the free Adobe reader software to open the file (www.adobe.com).

When you get the MYW package + dining, you can choose the number of days on the MYW tickets.

Happy planning!

Great brochure!! I would love to get my hands on an original one before we leave as part as my non-stop planning madness. Thanks for the link.

TigerLilyBlossom
-- That is correct. The reasoning is that check in is technically not until 4:00 p.m. or later. And check out is at 11:00.

To the OP, it was explained to me by CRO that you'd need to buy at least a one day MYW ticket with the MYW package to be eligible for the dining portion of the package. I hope I helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter