Do I have to book 3 FP+

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
I'm making a quick trip next month and just want to hit a few of my favorite rides. I'm arriving Friday morning and I want to start in Epcot around 12, ride Soarin', Test Track and hit the Character spot then head over to DHS. I know I can only get one of these as a FP+ but since Test Track has a single rider line and I don't think the Character line will be long I was thinking of just making a Soarin FP+ (are the lines still crazy long for this?) then heading over to DHS. Do I have to use 3 FP+ before I can park hop and get more? Can I make 3 FP+ at Epcot but make the first 2 early and just not ride them so I try for same day FP+ at DHS?

I'm making a quick trip next month and just want to hit a few of my favorite rides. I'm arriving Friday morning and I want to start in Epcot around 12, ride Soarin', Test Track and hit the Character spot then head over to DHS. I know I can only get one of these as a FP+ but since Test Track has a single rider line and I don't think the Character line will be long I was thinking of just making a Soarin FP+ (are the lines still crazy long for this?) then heading over to DHS. Do I have to use 3 FP+ before I can park hop and get more? Can I make 3 FP+ at Epcot but make the first 2 early and just not ride them so I try for same day FP+ at DHS?

There is a FP sticky thread here that goes through all this. Check it out, it is at the top of this forum. NO, you do not need to make 3 at the first park. I can't remember all the details, but you can make less than 3 and are able to make some at another park once you use the first one maybe? The FP thread goes through it step by step, very helpful.

Here is the relevant info -

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Last edited:
Honestly no Soarin's line isn't generally too long.
Not sure if character spot line would be longer or shorter TBH but Soain is still a good use of a FP+ especially if using single rider for TT.

You don't have to book and use 3 before you park hop.

Just book Soarin and as soon as you tap in for it you can look for 2 at HS and one can be a tier 1.

I would not make any at Epcot. I would rope drop Soarin', single rider line TT and then do the characters and prebook all of your stuff at HS so you can get a tier 1 there.

It doesn't seem like there would be any good same day FP+ left, or very little chance at most. I was at WDW recently and couldn't find good ones at DHS a few days before let alone same day. I know some people have good luck with refresh but it hasn't worked for me at all.

I would not make any at Epcot. I would rope drop Soarin', single rider line TT and then do the characters and prebook all of your stuff at HS so you can get a tier 1 there.
I second this. You will have better selections if you pick your DHS fast pass in advance rather than day of.

I'd just make the one fp at Epcot and save the other two DHS, or make all your FPs for DHS and just get to epcot and ride what you can.

This won’t work. OP stated that they arrive that morning and won’t be at Epcot until noon

If you don't mind standing in line in EPCOT, I would put all 3 FPs for HS if you are looking for SDD. have not seen this available later in the day, but could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!