Do I have to request my blue card?

Smilelea

DIS Veteran
We purchased a 25 point direct add on, on Dec 20. The card changed to blue online and we've received our packet in the mail but there was no card in there. I saw on the site where you can request one if it's lost or stolen. Do I need to do that? Or will they eventually send me one?

You need to request it. Just to let you know, I did the same thing and it never showed up. I waited 6 weeks then called MS. They put in the request and then it showed up in the mail 2 weeks later. Not sure is that is typical or just a tech issue that was unique to me.

We purchased a 25 point direct add on, on Dec 20. The card changed to blue online and we've received our packet in the mail but there was no card in there. I saw on the site where you can request one if it's lost or stolen. Do I need to do that? Or will they eventually send me one?

I'd go online and request one. Since you said "We purchased", know that your DH will have to log on to his Website account himself to request his. Unless things have recently changed, you can't do it for him. He might be able to do it by calling. When I tried to call for my DH, it never worked. I was a bit irritated since he never signed up for an online account and I have always managed our DVC contracts. Turned out to be a lot of hassle since he has very little patience for computer stuff, but we finally got it done. Of course, I had to actually set up his account, pick the password and order the card anyway, LOL, so I don't know what the purpose of each of us having a log-in was, but if it was a "security" measure, it didn't work!

OK, Thanks everyone.

I'd go online and request one. Since you said "We purchased", know that your DH will have to log on to his Website account himself to request his. Unless things have recently changed, you can't do it for him. He might be able to do it by calling. When I tried to call for my DH, it never worked. I was a bit irritated since he never signed up for an online account and I have always managed our DVC contracts. Turned out to be a lot of hassle since he has very little patience for computer stuff, but we finally got it done. Of course, I had to actually set up his account, pick the password and order the card anyway, LOL, so I don't know what the purpose of each of us having a log-in was, but if it was a "security" measure, it didn't work!

We use DH's account. So he went ahead and put in the request. As you said, there was no option to request one for me. I don't have a web account so I'll look into setting that up.

I used the chat feature to request a card for both myself and my wife; she has not linked her MDE to DVC as I do all the planning and reservations. There was no issue getting a card for the both of us and it came in the mail in much more of a shorter time than they quoted.

Once you set up your account online you can request a card for you. I was unable to request one for my wife until I set up her account online. This was a while ago though, maybe it has changed since then?

When requesting DVC member discounts you'll Be required to show your membership card. Don’t know if they’ll accept an online printed copy, as I showed them my blue card.

When requesting DVC member discounts you'll Be required to show your membership card. Don’t know if they’ll accept an online printed copy, as I showed them my blue card.

You can download a digital copy of your blue card from your DVC login. It is good for 3 months after the download date.
Good to have even if you have a physical copy of your, just in case something were to happen to it.

I would have your physical card with you. I found it hit or miss if they would give me the discount with the digital version. Depends on the cast member.

I would have your physical card with you. I found it hit or miss if they would give me the discount with the digital version. Depends on the cast member.

It shouldn't. That's the whole purpose for offering the digital card.

(FWIW, I've presented the digital version 3 or 4 times and never had a problem.)

can you take a picture with my phone (i carry that all the time) of your blue card and driver license and use that as proof of membership. i do not like carrying my wallet all the time

In February 2017, I was asked to produce the DVC card at the Contemporary food shop. I showed them a photograph of it on my phone, and they accepted it. I did have my driver's license with me, but they didn't bother to ask for it. Let me also say that this is the ONLY place I was asked to see the card. All the other times, the CM just asked if I was eligible for AP or DVC discounts, and they checked my magic band to see if that was the case.

Frankly, the whole idea of carrying the card around is a little antiquated, since most of the shops and restaurants can see that you're a member by scanning your magic band.

can you take a picture with my phone (i carry that all the time) of your blue card and driver license and use that as proof of membership. i do not like carrying my wallet all the time

The digital DVC ID card should be sufficient. I would pull the copy from the member website, not a photograph. But I would strongly recommend carrying your driver's license at all times. We like to let our guards down inside the Disney bubble, but you never know when a photo ID will come in handy. If you have any problems entering the park, using a credit card, getting back into your hotel room, staff will want to see a photo ID. If you have any medical issues, accident while traveling around property, etc., first responders will be looking for that plastic card not a photo on your locked cell phone.

I used the chat feature to request a card for both myself and my wife; she has not linked her MDE to DVC as I do all the planning and reservations. There was no issue getting a card for the both of us and it came in the mail in much more of a shorter time than they quoted.

Once you set up your account online you can request a card for you. I was unable to request one for my wife until I set up her account online. This was a while ago though, maybe it has changed since then?

Like @D-Trick, I used the chat feature while logged on to get blue cards for myself and DH. DH doesn't even have his own MDE account - he literally uses my email and password to log in. And he never created a DVC account for himself. We will rectify that as soon as the second contract is on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter