Do I need cash or can I use a CC for everything?

kuhltiffany

DIS Veteran
I've gotten so use to charging everything that I don't carry cash much anymore. Will I need some for DLP? Are there places where that's the only option?

I've gotten so use to charging everything that I don't carry cash much anymore. Will I need some for DLP? Are there places where that's the only option?
I can't give you any advice from me personally, but a friend visited last year and used his CC almost if not exclusively That is our plan when we visit in July.

Most shops and restaurants in DLP will take card however some of the small carts or things like the balloon sellers it is cash only so it will be worth having a little bit with you in case you need it.

Are you staying onsite? If so you can charge back to your room and then pay that bill - I think they automatically charge your card once it reaches a certain amount and they do stop you charging to your room early on day of departure but by doing it this way you avoid charges that foreign cards sometimes attract. Or at least you are only charged when the card is paid rather than every use.

We just returned and used card payment for everything except for when we used the shuttle car service to get to the shopping village outside Disneyland. We used the Revolut card and I cannot fault it. There are cash machines throughout the park if you need them.

I have just obtained a Revolut card. Did you pre load the card with your anticipated spend before you travelled or did you put enough on to cover the WDW hotel hold and then top up? Did anywhere/everywhere accept the virtual card? Thank you.

I have just obtained a Revolut card. Did you pre load the card with your anticipated spend before you travelled or did you put enough on to cover the WDW hotel hold and then top up? Did anywhere/everywhere accept the virtual card? Thank you.

I have an actual physical card - just like a debit card. I don't use the virtual card. And we haven't visited WDW - this forum is for Disneyland Paris, so not sure about holds for the hotel.

I upload what I think we'll spend for the entire holiday in pounds. Then I watch for a decent exchange rate leading up to the trip and convert it. You don't need to do this. The card can convert on the day you make your purchase, I just prefer to do it this way in case the rate drops. What I love about this card is that if you have money left over at the end of your trip, you can just convert back to pounds and transfer it back to your own bank account. Or you can use the card at home just like a debit card. I also use it online to purchase things abroad or at home. EG, when we went to USA earlier this year, I paid for some tickets for things in dollars using the card which means you don't get the usual transaction fees and lower exchange rate using your bank debit card. We're just back from DLP and used it almost exclusively there too. We took out a few euros at the cash in the park to cover small things like ice cream, but to be honest almost all of the carts around the park now take cards too so you really don't need much.

You can use cash *everywhere* at DLP.

Only exceptions are the food station at the Rendez-vous Gourmand which ask for a minimum (I think 5€) and at Disney Village (maybe 15€). All shops/restaurants operated by Disney allow payment by CC with no minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts