Do I need jeans the first 2 weeks of October?

Jadeey

Mouseketeer
We are going for 3 weeks, 20 September - 13 October. We’ve never been at that time of year and are from a fairly cold country (New Zealand - a hot day in Summer would be high 70s) so I’m expecting us to feel pretty hot the whole time we are there.

I suggested to my husband that we don’t even take jeans or a sweatshirt, that we will live in shorts and t-shirts the entire time. He wants to bring at least one pair of jeans and a sweatshirt just in case there is a day that gets a bit cooler. We’ve been in early December quite a few times and he keeps pointing out that there were lots of colder days where we would have been freezing in just shorts and he thinks October will be the same.

Those that go often at that time of year, does it ever drop into the mid-70s in early October?

I would bring them. The odds are that there will be one day (an early morning or late evening) that be cooler over three weeks. Plus, that is enough time for your body to get used to the warmer weather. FL is super humid, so the hot temps feel hotter and the cold temps feel colder than places with lower humidity. Would you be able to wear either on the plane so save room/weight in your luggage?

I would say no but, it's all in how you think the temperature feels. We've gone in January and wear shorts and t-shirts. It is chilly in the mornings but, I think after the sun gets up it is warm.

Still very hot in the first part of October - very summer like. Chances are the day will start around 70 degrees. Still, may be safe to bring 1 pair, and some type of long sleeve.

My vote is for the plane as well. Even when we are going to Hawaii we typically are heading into the airport early enough that I freeze if I try and wear shorts.

I live on the Gulf Coast and the Sept/Oct cusp is still very, very warm. You won't need them for the outdoors but you may want them for the plane, as suggested. The A/C is really cranked down in FL so a light-weight long-sleeve in a backpack might be a good idea for when you're inside restaurants, especially if you're wet from a summer storm.

The time frame you are going is still summer weather, hot and humid. I’d say better to be safe than sorry, bring a few of each so if you want them you have them. Will you need them, my guess is no, but you never know! Have a magical trip!

We are from the Uk so similar climate to NZ. If your comfortable flying in jeans then that’s what I would do. That way you have warmer clothes to travel home in as well. Nothing worse than leaving hot sunny weather to retuning to cold and rain.
We tend to find it still very hot and humid that time of year and only had one morning where the temp dropped suddenly and we found it cold. That being said by late morning it was right back up and very hot again. I take a pashmina for later in the evening as the temps can dip plus the buses and some of the restaurants can be chilly

I'd wear jeans and either a long-sleeved shirt or a light sweater on the plane -- for air conditioned buildings esp. restaurants. But then I even bring a light sweater in August because I can't stand a/c blowing on me. But you will not need jeans for outdoors, no! I would suggest rain gear and footwear that will dry out quickly though. September especially is very rainy. We have found that a nice rain jacket that comes below the hips plus a small umbrella works well for gullywashers and all day downpours. For other days where storms/all day rain don't look likely, keep some cheap, disposable raingear in your backpacks or purses. Consider buying a lot of disposable raingear from a discount store and tossing items as you use them.

I have been twice in October. The only time I could imagine a person not being uncomfortably hot in jeans would be around 8am or after dark. September will be that much hotter (still summer in Orlando and my native Texas). The other time it cools down briefly is during rain---a terrible time be stuck with soggy, slow-drying denim.

There's no harm in throwing in a pair of jeans, but I see no true need for them. A lightweight jacket or sweater would be more versatile imo.

The humidity would stop me from wearing jeans. I hate that damp denim feeling! I would bring anything but jeans.

When we go in Oct, it's still normally hot and humid. Shorts/t-shirts for us.

If it was cooler, I would wear a light weight jacket or sweatshirt or capri's.

I'm cold natured, as is my son. I always wear pants on planes, so with as far as you have to travel, I'd wear my pants on the plane. I also ALWAYS bring a sweater/hoodie/light jacket, no matter what. I freeze in restaurants (especially after being sweaty all day) and can get chilly if we're out late for fireworks, especially if it's rained recently. So I don't think you'll need to wear them a lot, but I would certainly have something so you're not purchasing a $50 sweatshirt to keep you from being cold.

We always go in Nov and wear shorts. Only one time in multiple trips have we had a day cool enough to wear jeans. We wore shorts that day with hoodies. We've had many days that were 90 degrees in Nov and most are at least 75-80 and it's always humid. We're going in Nov again this year but I'm only taking jeans because I'll be wearing them on the Auto Train because it should be cool to cold the days we leave and return. Otherwise, I wouldn't take jeans.

My instinct is no, you shouldn't need them during the trip, but count me as another vote for wearing them on the plane. I almost always wear long pants and bring at least one light jacket or sweater when I travel, since you never know quite what you're getting into until you're there. I usually want the jacket on the plane anyway. That way it's not taking up space in your luggage, but if you need it you have at least the one pair of jeans and one warmer garment for your top.

Probably not. I went in 2015 in October and it was in the 90s.

Doesn't hurt to bring them if you're concerned.

Doesn't hurt to have a variety of clothes depending on the weather. Even when it is really HOT outside, restaurants and other indoor locations tend to have the AC going full blast and are too cold, so helps to dress in layers. You can always remove a sweater if a restaurant isn't too cold, but the meal will be less enjoyable if you are chilled during dinner. Airplanes can also vary from too hot to too cold, so also need to plan for that as well.

I was surprised how warm/hot October was for us. But, for any 3 week trip, I'd bring at least one pair & maybe some athletic pants too. Expecting for a trip this long you'll do laundry anyway. If you're coming from cold climes, wear warm clothes to travel in, you'll need them on the return trip.

I remember going to Las Vegas one June. Usually HOT by this time of year. I took one pair of jeans. It was rainy & cold my entire stay. Wore my one pair of jeans over & over & is in every picture. Sad, really.

Other trips I might bring home unused clothing...doesn't bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!