Do I need jeans the first 2 weeks of October?

Our next to last trip in 2016 was mid November and it was shorts weather until our last day when a cold front came through and jeans were required, I remember one October trip several years ago that was toasty warm.

We are going end of nov through early dec and I’m not packing pants. Shorts and t-shirts, a jacket for early am’s that can fit in a back pack. All of my past winter trips there I’ve been fine without pants.

It never hurts, but even if some unpredictable cold front comes through, a hoodie would be enough.

We have been a couple of times in October and once in November. We live in Michigan so during that time of year I generally travel in jeans. That is the only pair I have taken with me. I have always taken a sweatshirt unless I am planning on buying a new one there. I actually don't remember ever having to wear the jeans. I have needed the sweatshirt a few times in the evenings though.

We have been a couple of times in October and once in November. We live in Michigan so during that time of year I generally travel in jeans. That is the only pair I have taken with me. I have always taken a sweatshirt unless I am planning on buying a new one there. I actually don't remember ever having to wear the jeans. I have needed the sweatshirt a few times in the evenings though.
We are from MI too - and we sort of feel like we have higher tolerance for cold. Lows in the 60s in winter are appealing. And, I have this thing where if we're going to FL for vacation, it feels wrong to wear long pants, or I'm entitled to wear shorts. It's kind of silly, but I have this run of never having worn jeans yet in FL - even when we lived there (albeit only 1 winter). I have a very light weight fleece that fits in my back pack that I've taken before. Especially for that windy boat ride from TTC to MK early in the am (am's were cooler than the evenings). Then I just pull off the jacket once the sun warms us up. Don't like having jeans on at the parks.

We are from MI too - and we sort of feel like we have higher tolerance for cold. Lows in the 60s in winter are appealing. And, I have this thing where if we're going to FL for vacation, it feels wrong to wear long pants, or I'm entitled to wear shorts. It's kind of silly, but I have this run of never having worn jeans yet in FL - even when we lived there (albeit only 1 winter). I have a very light weight fleece that fits in my back pack that I've taken before. Especially for that windy boat ride from TTC to MK early in the am (am's were cooler than the evenings). Then I just pull off the jacket once the sun warms us up. Don't like having jeans on at the parks.
I am from Nebraska and go that time of year, every year. I have yet had to wear any kind of long pants during any of my trips. The one trip that it got a bit chilly was when my stay went into November and the day that I was leaving it was only in the 60s. I still only wore capri pants on the flight home and it was maybe in the 40s at home. I can't imagine anyone needing anything as thick as a pair of jeans in Florida. If anything, bring some khakis or sport pants.

My rule for any kind of travel -- year-round -- is to pack mostly for the weather I expect it to be, but to also throw in one set of clothes for the "opposite season." So almost all shorts/Tshirts for a warm trip but still take/wear one pair of pants and a light jacket. Remember than pants doesn't have to mean heavy jeans -- I have brought twill pants, leggings or lighter exercise-type pants. Or I throw in a pair of capris for a cooler weather trip.

The question I always ask myself: how easily or cheaply could I buy that if I didn't pack it? I prefer not to spend $60 for a Disney sweatshirt I didn't plan on.

PHXscuba

I am from Nebraska and go that time of year, every year. I have yet had to wear any kind of long pants during any of my trips. The one trip that it got a bit chilly was when my stay went into November and the day that I was leaving it was only in the 60s. I still only wore capri pants on the flight home and it was maybe in the 40s at home. I can't imagine anyone needing anything as thick as a pair of jeans in Florida. If anything, bring some khakis or sport pants.
Yes - It doesn't rain as often in the winter, but jeans are awful when soaking wet. We do see a lot more sports pants, for comfort. My wife goes to capri's or long dress, but my in laws are jeans people. I'm sticking with my shorts for Dec.

Maybe one pair if you get cold easily. But honestly as a south carolinian, Oct is still often summer type weather down south. If you are comfortable in shorts when its in the 60s u will be fine.

It wouldn’t hurt to bring a pair of jeans, but I seriously doubt you’ll find a need to wear them to the parks. Yes, there’s always a chance for a rogue cool (not cold) front, but odds are it’ll still be pretty warm and humid. We’re going in early November and are bringing mostly shorts/tanks/T-shirt’s.

I don't think you'll need jeans at that time of year, but I did once have to buy sweatshirts for the whole family at Yellowstone ... the week of July 4th. The temperature was in the 50s. The moral: Better to be safe rather than sorry.

Jeans, no. Light sweatshirt yes. Although outside temps are hot/very warm, in many locations, dining, some rides, the AC is on full blast.

I got married @ WDW October 15th, it was still bathing suits & shorts. I live in GA for the past 3 years now & we have not “ cooled down” until November. My daughter is sweating trick a treating for Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!