Do I need to change my arrival day ADR?

aml1676

Mouseketeer
We arrive MCO at 2:30, and we're taking ME to Poly. I'm assuming we won't arrive at the resort until at least 4pm since we're traveling during spring break, but I have an ADR at Homecomin' at 5:10. I know a Minnie Van is an option, as is the bus to DS, but I'm just unsure about whether to keep the ADR or try to find something later. Any recommendations?

You really need to add reality to your plan

first, you are scheduled to land at 2:30. You might. But by the time you are off the plane, hit the restroom head to the other side, tack on at least 30 minutes

you will be hitting rush hour, unless it’s a weekend

from planned landing to resort arrival plan on 3 hours.
then you have to get to DS. Allow 60 minutes using Disney transportation

side story
i was in Tampa last spring. My mom is near there. We had an entire plane diverted to tpa and unable to land at mco due to local weather storms.

my personal policy isn’t nothing non-refundable on arrival day

a much safer path is to see what is available once you are on DME.

from planned landing to resort arrival plan on 3 hours.
then you have to get to DS. Allow 60 minutes using Disney transportation

Absolutely agree—if you’re landing at 2:30, I wouldn’t expect to get to your resort any earlier than 5. If you’re set on the reservation, aim for a late dinner, around 7-8pm, to allow plenty of time to get to where you need to go.

Personally, though, I avoid any kind of reservations on arrival day. Delays happen, and travel can be stressful enough without adding a time constraint to it. There are plenty of quick services in DS to choose from. You could also check with the host upon arrival to see if they have space for you without a reservation—no guarantees, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

I'm a noob - this is our first trip! I'll cancel that ADR and we'll just play it by ear when we get there. Thanks for confirming my suspicions :)

Last edited:
Oh thank goodness!

one thing - you cannot underestimate how large Disney is and how long it takes to get anywhere. Between waiting, 20-30minutes, then actual travel time then security then getting in....

general rule of thumb using Disney transportation
60 minutes resort to park/park to resort
60-90 minutes resort to resort using Disney transportation

uber/lyft is faster and not too expensive
minnievans are cute, cost more but can get closer to the parks

have a wonderful trip

one thing - you cannot underestimate how large Disney is and how long it takes to get anywhere. Between waiting, 20-30minutes, then actual travel time then security then getting in....

general rule of thumb using Disney transportation
60 minutes resort to park/park to resort
60-90 minutes resort to resort using Disney transportation

uber/lyft is faster and not too expensive
minnievans are cute, cost more but can get closer to the parks

Yeah, I had expected an hour for going to the parks, but the time given in MDE for travel from Poly to DS was only 28 minutes by bus which I was thinking Minnie van. I didn't realize actual Lyft/Uber was an option on-property, but I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!

We arrive MCO at 2:30, and we're taking ME to Poly. I'm assuming we won't arrive at the resort until at least 4pm since we're traveling during spring break, but I have an ADR at Homecomin' at 5:10. I know a Minnie Van is an option, as is the bus to DS, but I'm just unsure about whether to keep the ADR or try to find something later. Any recommendations?
I would keep the reservation for now. If you see you wont make it , go on MDX and modify it to a week later then you can cancel it without penalty. But they will seat you if your a few minutes late or if unforeseen circumstances happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!