Do I need to get up at 4am for these?

olafgypsy

Mouseketeer
Hi Dis peeps! My ADR date is coming up soon. I’m in Mountain Time so that means that if I’m aiming to make ressies the second they’re released I’m looking at a 4am wake-up (and I’m NOT a morning person. At ALL). So I’d like to avoid that if possible but will do it if I have to. Here’s my list. I would love opinions on if any of these really require that 4am wake-up or if you think I’d be okay waiting for a normal, sane time, like 10am. I am booking for 3 people at a fairly low crowd time in early May.

California Grill brunch
Skipper Canteen dinner
Garden Grill breakfast
Spice Road Table (hoping for fireworks seating)
Yak and Yeti lunch
Sanaa (hoping to book this one for around 5/5:30pm)
Trattoria al Forno breakfast
California Grill dinner (hoping for fireworks seating)
Be Our Guest Breakfast

TIA for opinions and advice!

IMHO, yes for some

I would switch up to BOG first for pre park opening, the farthest date out that you can, ie. if staying 8 days, try for day 8 first... Then my second ADR I would attempt CG brunch, again same reasoning, same plan of attack.

If your looking for a pre park opening for GG, this is again a tougher ADR, do I would do that either 3 or 4. The others you should have no trouble.

The CG dinner can be booked for anytime pre or post fireworks and you still get to watch them from the CG deck. So I would attempt that 4th.

Then move on to Trattoria...

I hope you get all if them, and if someone else has had a different experience, please chime in. If you have someone who can log on with another device you could try to divide and conquer approach, with you both working it at the same time.

IMHO, yes for some

I would switch up to BOG first for pre park opening, the farthest date out that you can, ie. if staying 8 days, try for day 8 first... Then my second ADR I would attempt CG brunch, again same reasoning, same plan of attack.

If your looking for a pre park opening for GG, this is again a tougher ADR, do I would do that either 3 or 4. The others you should have no trouble.

The CG dinner can be booked for anytime pre or post fireworks and you still get to watch them from the CG deck. So I would attempt that 4th.

Then move on to Trattoria...

I hope you get all if them, and if someone else has had a different experience, please chime in. If you have someone who can log on with another device you could try to divide and conquer approach, with you both working it at the same time.
Thanks for this advice! Although our strategy doesn’t include any PPO. We have enough trouble making it to rope drop! (Did I mention I’m not a morning person? LOL) Does that change the strategy, I wonder? Hoping for later (like 10:30) seatings at BOG, Trattoria, and GG and 11:30 at CG brunch.

We also don’t plan to go outside for the fireworks. My DS5 is terrified of fireworks. He hates them. I LOVE them, so last trip we figured out a compromise wherein he will tolerate fireworks going on outside a restaurant as long as he is safely indoors and I still get to watch at least some of them from the table.

I’m thinking California Grill brunch could be hardest to get followed by the CG dinner at fireworks time......does that sound about right?

Thanks for this advice! Although our strategy doesn’t include any PPO. We have enough trouble making it to rope drop! (Did I mention I’m not a morning person? LOL) Does that change the strategy, I wonder? Hoping for later (like 10:30) seatings at BOG, Trattoria, and GG and 11:30 at CG brunch.

We also don’t plan to go outside for the fireworks. My DS5 is terrified of fireworks. He hates them. I LOVE them, so last trip we figured out a compromise wherein he will tolerate fireworks going on outside a restaurant as long as he is safely indoors and I still get to watch at least some of them from the table.

I’m thinking California Grill brunch could be hardest to get followed by the CG dinner at fireworks time......does that sound about right?
Yes, to your ? about brunch, it's only on Sundays, so much more limited in availability.
So, in that case, I would do CG brunch #1,
then CG dinner (since your times are not very flexible), then BOG, then continue in the order I previously said. I'm pretty sure you will have no problem getting Spice Road, Sanaa, and GG. But, unfortunately you probably need to get up at zero-dark-thirty to get everything you want!
On the plus side, you've chosen some cool different cuisines and will have some great variety when you're there. My DH's favorite all time forever meal at WDW is Cali Grill brunch!

Yes, to your ? about brunch, it's only on Sundays, so much more limited in availability.
So, in that case, I would do CG brunch #1,
then CG dinner (since your times are not very flexible), then BOG, then continue in the order I previously said. I'm pretty sure you will have no problem getting Spice Road, Sanaa, and GG. But, unfortunately you probably need to get up at zero-dark-thirty to get everything you want!
On the plus side, you've chosen some cool different cuisines and will have some great variety when you're there. My DH's favorite all time forever meal at WDW is Cali Grill brunch!

I agree with your order. I would not leave CG, for brunch or dinner or BOG to chance with the OP plan.

Thanks, sounds like I will be setting an alarm for 3:45am in the not too distant future. Ah well, at least I’ll have the pleasure of going back to bed for like 3 more hours!!

And ConnecticutNonna YES I am super excited about this lineup! It’s almost all new for us-the only repeat in there is BOG. Been to WDW about 6 times now and just kept returning to the same places since we liked them so much, but this time I’ve made a resolution to try mostly new stuff. Glad to hear you think I’ve chosen well :)

Hi Dis peeps! My ADR date is coming up soon. I’m in Mountain Time so that means that if I’m aiming to make ressies the second they’re released I’m looking at a 4am wake-up (and I’m NOT a morning person. At ALL). So I’d like to avoid that if possible but will do it if I have to. Here’s my list. I would love opinions on if any of these really require that 4am wake-up or if you think I’d be okay waiting for a normal, sane time, like 10am. I am booking for 3 people at a fairly low crowd time in early May.

California Grill brunch
Skipper Canteen dinner
Garden Grill breakfast
Spice Road Table (hoping for fireworks seating)
Yak and Yeti lunch
Sanaa (hoping to book this one for around 5/5:30pm)
Trattoria al Forno breakfast
California Grill dinner (hoping for fireworks seating)
Be Our Guest Breakfast

TIA for opinions and advice!
I would for some of them in the following order (I am not survhow late some of these are in your trip, but I would maybe move it up in priority if it is early on): Trattoria breakfast, CG brunch, BOG breakfast, CG dinner. I wouldn’t worry about the rest, but since you’re up

Update— I set my alarm for 3:58 :) I first booked California Grill dinner at 180 + 4 and got it for 7:40pm! Next went to book CG brunch (right at about 180 I think?) and the only time available was 12:20, a little later than I would have liked, but I’ll take it. Next went for Trattoria al Forno and Garden Grill and got the times I wanted for both of those. And then I went back to sleep! Was not concerned about Sanaa, Spice Road Table, Skipper Canteen, or Y&Y so I waited until later in the day to book with no issue.

I am definitely glad I jumped on CG dinner right away when my booking window opened because when I checked back later in the day all the fireworks seatings were already gone! I think 180+4 is probably just about the latest you can push it! Crazy!

I’m really happy you got all the reservations you wanted! Now you just have to hope Disney doesn’t change something so you have to change your days around!

Update— I set my alarm for 3:58 :) I first booked California Grill dinner at 180 + 4 and got it for 7:40pm! Next went to book CG brunch (right at about 180 I think?) and the only time available was 12:20, a little later than I would have liked, but I’ll take it. Next went for Trattoria al Forno and Garden Grill and got the times I wanted for both of those. And then I went back to sleep! Was not concerned about Sanaa, Spice Road Table, Skipper Canteen, or Y&Y so I waited until later in the day to book with no issue.

I am definitely glad I jumped on CG dinner right away when my booking window opened because when I checked back later in the day all the fireworks seatings were already gone! I think 180+4 is probably just about the latest you can push it! Crazy!

Thanks for letting us know how you did. I know it sounds crazy, but if there are meals you really want at times that are very popular, it is best to just get up and book them at the minute your window opens. I know that it is possible to find that perfect ADR later on, but I don't like stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter