Do I really need a windshield on a golf cart?

MichiganMommy

Mouseketeer
We are going to stay in a cabin for 6 nights the last week in January, and I am considering reserving a golf cart for a couple of days. I have 2 questions. 1. Do I really need a windshield? 2. Is it a pain to return the carts and check them out? I was thinking to save $$ that I'd only get the cart for certain days. This would mean doing 2 or 3 check-outs and returns, but would save us about $70. I've seen the posts on renting from an outside company, but I'm not sure it would save me much for 6 days.

We rented a golf cart without a windshield and it was fine for us most of the time. The only problem was when it rained. Then you got a spray on your face. We had to laugh at some VERY creative people at FW using plastic wrap on their golf carts as windshields! They just wrapped it around the front poles. But as soon as it started raing...boy did we wish we had a roll of Saran Wrap handy! LOL!
The return and pick up of a golf cart shouldnt be too bad. You would do it all at the same place in FW, the Bike Barn which is centrally located. Just a bus ride away, if you are going that way anyways.

Juls
FW 77,79,81,90,99..Oct 2001!

I remember 2 reasons that we wished that we had a windshield. Bugs and cold nights. We didn't know about golf carts before our trip to FW 2 years ago so we didn't reserve one. We ended up wishing we had because all there was available when we decided to rent one were those w/o windshields. We did the saran wrap thing but it really didn't work well.
I guess you could save money and go without a windshield...just keep your mouth and eyes closed and bundle up if its chilly out!
I'm only kidding about the bugs...but we were cold! brrrrrr!

In the summertime we usually don't care but in the winter monthes the windshield is nice for the wind, it does get cold and that windshield does help.
Also nice in the rain...

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
>
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board

DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<center><Font Color=ff0066><Font size=4>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font></center>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

If you rent from Golf Cart Enterprises, instead of FW, they will give you a windshield for no extra charge if you ask. Their prices are also much cheaper than FW, and they will drop off & pick up right from the front desk!

Look further down the list, and you'll see other posts about Golf Cart Enterprises!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

We were just there last week and though it was cold, the pools are heated so we went swimming 2-3 times. But the ride back was cold enough, would've been colder without the windshield. My girls complained in the backseat that it was colder than riding up front. I rented from Golf Cart Ent., I have a previous post on it where Rhonda also put in the prices. We felt it was worth it. Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!