• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I want a Cropper Hopper?

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
My DH gave me Michael's gift cards for my birthday and said maybe I would like to get a Cropper Hopper. I have looked at them in the past but I'm not sure. I do have a Crop In Style Jr. bag which I store lots of stuff in and I take that with all my stuff to crops.
I guess I'm wondering if any of you are familiar with this item. I do need somewhere to store extra paper and stuff but I don't know that I'd use this big thing on wheels for that. I wouldn't take it to crops because I tend to only take the album I'm working on. And I haven't seen one set up, only looked at the picture on the outside of the package.
Thanks for you input!

I have the large bin part only. It has hanging file folders where I store my 12x12 paper. My mother in law has the whole cropper hopper cart, but I have too many scrapping supplies. I could fill several of them. Also, I go to a lot of crops so I keep my stuff more portable. It does hold a lot though, and is nice if you have the space to put it. She keeps it in the closet and just rolls it out to crop.

Happy Scrappin
Candi

I have the Cropper Hopper and do use it. I don't know what else I'd keep everything in if I didn't have it, but then again it isn't really the best quality. The cart is quite flimsy. I have the tote filled with file folders that hold all my paper, idea books, sticker sheets, memoribilia, etc.... It makes it possible for me to find what I want. For crops I tend to just grab out the file folders of paper and put them in my CM album tote. I also have a folder of scraps, which is handy at times. I did take the whole tote part to a crop once..it was an overnighter and I didn't have time to sort out everything I wanted to take. It was extremely heavy and I hurt my back carrying it, but I was glad I had everything there.

My Cropper Hopper came with the box that hangs on the outside....they don't come with this any longer. I use that box to hold all my punches and that's about it. The album holder on the side of the cart doesn't really work for me because my 16mo daughter can pull the albums out...and she's really hard on albums! So I only use that for a temp. place to set books or whatever that I want to refer back to as I'm working. The area below the tote really isn't much good for holding anything...the space isn't very large and the shelf is flimsy.

I definitely wouldn't pay full price for this....I can't recall how much that is, but I think even $50-$60 is a bit high considering how simple it is and how cheaply its constructed. That said, I'm glad I have it just because it does keep my stuff organized. I vowed not to let myself get so much stuff I couldn't keep it contained here (not counting my photos, albums and my Memory Mate bag) and its working out. There really isn't much out there that will hold 12x12 other than these scrapbooking specialty things that are all overpriced.

Hope that helps,

I don't go to crops (they don't have any locally :( ), so that isn't an issue for me. What I am using is a cheap plastic set of drawers
drawers.jpg
It cost me £20 which is pretty reasonable.

the drawers are about 12 x 14, so I can lie 12x12 flat in them. Unfortunatley they won't hold those clear plastic 12x12 boxes that you can get, or my albums, but it is working for me. I have 'tools' in the top drawer (pens, punches, coluzzle, scissors), then stickers & die cuts in the next one, the third drawer has all my paper in it, and the bottom has plain white cardstock and idea books. My album is usually lieing on the top of the cart.

Bev

Thanks for the input everybody. Since Lesley says it's flimsy I think I'll look to buy other stuff at the store. I think I can find something else!! I can always stock up on albums if I have to!
I just thought it was really sweet of DH to suggest the cropper hopper. To me it means he's supporting my "over priced" hobby. My first album was our Disney trip and he even took it to work to show people! I did the album to help the kids remember the trip and they take it out and look at it and talk about the trip. That's the whole idea, isn't it? Keeping memories we've already made! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter