do it yourself projects

disneygal922

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! :flower3: I just thought I would start a thread for people to share pics and tips for their do it yourself projects. I know many disbrides have done at least one or two diy things for their weddings. It could be as simple as applying a hidden mickey on your shoes or something more complex like your invites and programs. I wish I could be the first to add something but I have yet to really complete anything. :laughing:

What a great idea!! I'll start.
Here is a decoration I made for our at home party. These will hang on the chairs. I made the bows out of wired ribbon, and then I beaded the mickey ornaments in the center. I am also going to make mickey ornaments without the bows for favors.
bpo003.jpg

Here's my rb pillow:
front
bpo005.jpg

back
bpo007.jpg

Here is the rose wand for my DD:
bpo052.jpg
Epcot016.jpg

Here's my MK photo shoot bouquet. I'm thinking about changing the roses out though, but this is what it currently looks like
bpo048.jpg
bpo049.jpg

White chocolate castle lollipops for favors
004.jpg

And my favorite so far is my tiara
121.jpg
122.jpg
dress0562.jpg

There's much more in the works!!!

I still have a few more to go, but here's what I've finished so far:

Invites:
wholeinvitewebsafe-1.jpg

Save The Date:
DSC02168-1.jpg

Wedding Website:

newsite5.jpg

newsite4-1.jpg

Guestbook:
Picture1.png

Cake Topper (Unfinished):
DSC02350-1.jpg

Aisle Runner:
totallyfinished.jpg

th_WeddingSavethedatesandPongo011.jpg

When you squeeze Mickey's tummy he says, "Oh boy hiya pals it's me Mickey! My good friends Cassie and John are getting married on a Disney Cruise and you're invited to join in all the fun! So get your passports ready because we set sail on January 31st and your prepaid stateroom is looking awfully empty without YOU! Hope you can make it! Let my pals know! Hehe. Bye now!"

I wrote the script, got the recording, ordered the sound modules and peformed 40 surgerys. Shelley did the Squeeze My Tummy Tag - I just tied them on.

With a little bit of help from Shelley I photoshopped the cover art and the magnet.

th_WeddingSavethedatesandPongo012.jpg

th_WeddingSavethedatesandPongo014.jpg

I did the "thank you" cards for our reception since we didn't have programs

Printed the ship docked at Castaway on card stock..words on vellum..punched hole and tied with raffia..the picture of us kissing was from our courthouse ceremony
348pp4j.jpg

CinderelliT everything you made is amazing!! I LOVE the bouquet you made! How did you make those rose wands? I want to make them for my sisters for our wedding at SBP but i'm so not crafty.:headache:

Bride-to-be, that is pretty much the most awesome thing I have ever seen

Thanks!!! It was my dads idea originally - so I have to give him credit. We were going to do giant talking hallmark cards and my dad thought a plush would be so much better.

If I were doing it again (and had more time & $$$) I would do multiple characters and make it so that they carry on a conversation.

Here's the Mickey Pomander I made (I created a tutorial on how I did it too so if you want it just let us know) for our wedding. Not sure if we'll use it at all but it looks great hanging up in our house!

Framed.jpg

Here's markerboards I made for everyone's door on the cruise:

CraftStuff-markerboards-web.jpg

Our "Save the [New] Dates" for our wedding (postcards - I took the photo, edited it and uploaded/ordered on Snapfish):

Postcard_Page_1.jpg

Postcard_Page_2.jpg

Tank tops I made:
RhinestoneCreation.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

WeddingTankTops6.jpg

WeddingTankTops4.jpg

Wow everyone is so talented! Thanks for sharing with us!

Mikkel ~ can you give me a tip on how you did those tank tops with the rhinestone Mickey's? They came out fabulous!:thumbsup2

Mikkel ~ can you give me a tip on how you did those tank tops with the rhinestone Mickey's? They came out fabulous!:thumbsup2

Yes - I'll post from home later though. Leaving work in a few...

CinderelliT everything you made is amazing!! I LOVE the bouquet you made! How did you make those rose wands? I want to make them for my sisters for our wedding at SBP but i'm so not crafty.:headache:
Thanks so much for your kind comments.

It's very easy! I premade some mickey shaped crystals. They are wired together with a larger bead at the bottom and then two smaller beads at the top. If you need more info on how to do this, let me know.

Then I got 3 long stem roses from the local craft store. You can do the same with just one. I positioned them how I wanted with the Mickey crystals and then wrapped a rubberband around them tightly to keep them together. Then I wrapped the stems with pink ribbon. I put blue ribbon over the pink and tied it in a bow at the top, and let the extra hang down. Then I took tulle ribbon and tied it around the top of the stems and let the excess hang down.
If you need any other help, just let me know!

Thanks so much for your kind comments.

It's very easy! I premade some mickey shaped crystals. They are wired together with a larger bead at the bottom and then two smaller beads at the top. If you need more info on how to do this, let me know.

Then I got 3 long stem roses from the local craft store. You can do the same with just one. I positioned them how I wanted with the Mickey crystals and then wrapped a rubberband around them tightly to keep them together. Then I wrapped the stems with pink ribbon. I put blue ribbon over the pink and tied it in a bow at the top, and let the extra hang down. Then I took tulle ribbon and tied it around the top of the stems and let the excess hang down.
If you need any other help, just let me know!

:worship: Thank you so much! I think my sister and I are going to attempt this tomorrow. She works at Jo-Ann fabrics so we'll get her discount on any supplies we get so i'm trying to get crafty with my wedding.... trying being the ke word!:rolleyes: If i get stuck i'll send you a PM! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if Disney has any poilicies about bringing in your own wedding stuff? Like if i make these rose wands and i want to make program fans will i be able to use them without a problem? I dont think i ever read that anyone wasn't allowed to but i figured i'd ask.

I want to know how too!!! :yay: I was going to try and make them this weekend! I want to make a bunch of them all with different things on them. The shirts and sweatshirts they sell for brides online are too expensive.... i owe it to myself to try it first!:goodvibes

I have done several projects....here are some. I have also done mock up STD, invite, and centerpieces
my bouquet
momdress007-1.jpg

my DDs(BM) pomander
momfloralmickeyamandasilhouete00-2.jpg

the mickey crystals added to the bouquets
mommickcrystalsVRnewtablecards20-2.jpg

Gosh, I forgot about some other projects I did! Haha - I just looked at my PJ and remembered. And I'm linking the caption before the photos so you guys can easily access it in my PJ if you are curious as to how I did it. Of course, feel free to ask questions anyawy if you need clarification or step-by-step.

Here's what I did to ask my best friends to be in my bridal party:
BridalPartyBoxes1copy.jpg

BridalPartyBoxes2copy.jpg

BridalPartyBoxescopy.jpg

Here are our engagement announcements I made. I bought the plan cardstock paper (Martha Stewart), then ran them through the printer, then stamped, embossed, glittered and colored that engagement ring. I bought vellum and sewed little pockets together, adhered them to the page with Glue Dots (love Glue Dots!), tied a ribbon in a "knot" of sorts, adhered that to the vellum with a Glue Dot, then placed 2 photos of us from our engagement cruise in the pocket.

EngagementAnnouncement2.jpg

Here are the envelopes:
EngagementEnvelope1-1.jpg

We got a ton of engagement gifts so here are the Thank You notecards I made to match our engagement announcements (there's glitter on the embossed ring):

EngagementThankYou-1.jpg

Here are the flip flops I jeweled up for our ceremony on the beach:
WeddingFlipFlops-1.jpg

WeddingFlipFlops1-1.jpg

I used "E6000" industrial strength glue that I bought at my local bead store. It was fantastic. It was $4 for the tube and it did the job - it's clear (goes on clear, dries clear), waterproof, non-flammable, flexible and paintable. It dries pretty fast too and the rhinestones don't slip off the thong part of the sandel when you're waiting for it to dry.

I used 20mm Swarovski rhinestones (they're the best quality and give the best sparkle) and needed about 240 of them total for my size 6 flip flops.

Here's our monogram I made. I have to change the colors and the wedding date though. I used Adobe Illustrator b/c that's the BEST program for vector work if you're doing lines and such:
Monogram-1.jpg

THE TANK TOPS I POSTED BEFORE ARE ON MY PJ, WITH INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW I DID THEM HERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!