• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do many girls (and boys) wear costumes to Cindy's, Wonderland Tea Party or others?

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
I've read before that girls often wear princess costumes to breakfast at Cindy's. Do boys? How about at the Wonderland Tea Party or other character meals? My DD (3) and DS (5) were Tinkerbell and Peter Pan for Halloween, so I thought I might dress them up for these two meals/activities. Is this typical, or would all the other kids be in regular clothes? thanks!

We were there in Dec. No one was in costume but alot of the little girls were wearing "party" dresses. DD asked to bring and wear her party dress so we brought it along and changed her in the restroom prior to her entering the Park Faire.

At Cindy's and Tea Party some girls were dressed up. I'd say it was about 50/50 for those dressed up and not. At the Tea Party, they ran around alot and played games like Duck, Duck, Goose, so I would send your child in something comfortable enough to sit on the floor and run around.

When my dd went to the tea party, none of the kids were dressed up, all were very casual. We did see a couple of girls in princess costumes at Cindy's though.

When we ate at Cindy's recently there were several girls dressed as princesses there...my girls among them. Even though they were the minority, they did not feel awkward. Rather, the "real" princesses made over them in their costumes. They loved it!

We did change in the bathroom, however, before spending the rest of the day in the MK...

If you are going to Cindy's, I would let the kids decide what they want to do. If they are the kind that love dressing up, they I say "Go For IT!!!" But, if they seem hesitant, or don't like being "the center of attention", then I would skip it.....

My daughters, 3 and 4 dressed up for breakfast at Cindy's. We went this summer and there were only two other kids dressed up at our reservation time. The girls loved it - they were excited to be dressed like the princesses. The older one was Jasmine and the younger one was Snow White. As the princesses came to our table, they would say "You must be Snow White's little sister" or "Jasmine didn't tell me she had a little sister!" The girls loved it. The best was when Snow White came over to talk to my little Snow White - she talked very softly - we couldn't hear what she was saying, but my 3 yr old ate it up. She just beamed the whole time. If your kids want to dress up, I say go for it! They get a little extra attention and it is fun. I did see a few boys throughout our stay at Disney dressed as Capt. Hook or Peter Pan - they were too cute. We did change clothes after the breakfast and put them in one of the lockers at the front of the park so the kids could be in their playclothes the rest of the day. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter